Incessant problems with 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie - Terrible Ownership Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheese-whiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just read this entire thread (like a novel) and this is how it ends lololol?!?!?! Half way through, I finally noticed you were from PA. But until then, I was guessing you bought it from the place I got mine! Whatever happened???

rzims

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
wait...what? So, we don't know how it ended?
I just read the whole thread....

Octane

Reaction score
I couldn't stop reading lol! I was going to look on that dealership's website to see if his truck was listed
I understand bad experiences can happen but I also know that there are two sides to a story.

rzims

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
not surprised he changed brands after reading his thread.....hopefully he didn't end up taking it in the shorts too badly.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He traded in his Lemon for a cannon ball wait till you see the problems he has with Ferd, I owned them for 15yrs the customer service is worse than FCA

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I understand bad experiences can happen but I also know that there are two sides to a story.

Sorry but that is a stupid comment to make. Someone shoots and unarmed person asleep in their care it is wrong and there is no second side. Send a cruise missle into a wedding party and kill 30 men, women, and children, and there is no second side.

The lesson to take away from the OP is that one should take a test drive and check out a vehicle completely before officially taking possession of the vehicle. With the last two trucks I have made a test drive and inspected the vehicles and left the dealer with a list of things to fix and I did not take possession of the vehicle until this work was done.

Much more of a sense of urgency when the truck is sitting on the dealer's lot and they will put it to the front of the service queue to get everything resolved as quickly as they can. Once you accept the vehicle and drive it home it becomes a warranty issue and good luck with that.

Octane

Reaction score
Sorry but that is a stupid comment to make. Someone shoots and unarmed person asleep in their care it is wrong and there is no second side. Send a cruise missle into a wedding party and kill 30 men, women, and children, and there is no second side.

The lesson to take away from the OP is that one should take a test drive and check out a vehicle completely before officially taking possession of the vehicle. With the last two trucks I have made a test drive and inspected the vehicles and left the dealer with a list of things to fix and I did not take possession of the vehicle until this work was done.

Much more of a sense of urgency when the truck is sitting on the dealer's lot and they will put it to the front of the service queue to get everything resolved as quickly as they can. Once you accept the vehicle and drive it home it becomes a warranty issue and good luck with that.
So,smartazz with no comprehension,how did the story end? Some vehicles as long as they have a warranty the owners will nitpick anything to death and the vehicle will never be right as long as they dont have to pay.But if every story is one sided how is that possible? Enquiring minds want to know.

Octane

Reaction score
So,smartazz with no comprehension,how did the story end? Some vehicles as long as they have a warranty the owners will nitpick anything to death and the vehicle will never be right as long as they dont have to pay.But if every story is one sided how is that possible? Enquiring minds want to know.
Your analogy is idiotic

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Really late to this party and it’s past time to put it to bed but, after reading all of fotomatt’s posts and most everyone else’s. It strikes me that no one questioned weather during the 1,600 miles this truck was driven before he bought it, was it possible the truck had been wrecked? The cracked rear window frame, water leaking in the roof and sagging right side doors screams structural issues with the cab.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And the worst thing about this story, this Imbread traded this triple lemon in on a 2019 F-150 Lariat and some unsuspecting Slop is going to purchase this POS and all of its problems this is what's wrong with America Oh buyer beware!!!!!

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
And the worst thing about this story, this Imbread traded this triple lemon in on a 2019 F-150 Lariat and some unsuspecting Slop is going to purchase this POS and all of its problems this is what's wrong with America Oh buyer beware!!!!!

What do you think the dealer would do with the truck had it been taken back under lemon law? You make an ignorant argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
I think with lemon law buy backs, the title is branded as such. I know when I was searching for a truck, I came across a few with Carfax report showing as lemon law buy back.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
I don’t see where anyone stated he traded it off. My guess is, FCA settled by giving him a buy back offer with stipulation that he not speak about again. This would explain his sudden disappearance from this forum after being so detailed about his experience. What FCA did with this truck is anybody’s guess but I cannot imagine they would put it back on the road. The liability would be too great considering the age and miles, it’s still under warranty.

RugbyRef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L H.O.

What's an "Imbread"?

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe we should go over to the Ford website and let him know inquiring minds want to know :dogpile: In any case, I'm glad he traded it and got something else. That's what I was telling him to do all along. Life is short, and having non-stop aggravation when you can solve the problem makes no sense. Problem for most people is they want it all ways. Life isn't fair, and sometimes you get the short end of the stick. If you spend all your time raising hell about it and wishing it to be the other way, it's like my company commander used to say in boot camp in the USN - wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which hand fills up first :poop:

Edit: Actually, he hasn't posted over there in several months. I'm guessing the 150 had a leak in the roof, cracked rear window surround and other bugs, and is now awaiting a 150 lemon law buyback :anitoof:

Last edited: