Incessant problems with 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie - Terrible Ownership Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If they cared they’d be remotely responsive. The only satisfactory resolution now is telling me where I can pick up a check or a replacement vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, it's very simple. They screwed up, they are wrong and have way more than inconvenienced you, and if they were an honorable company they would do what it takes to make it right. Or if they are a ****** company like most are, they will do what they are doing.

I really hope they do the right thing for you.

OP
OP
F

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie Crew Cab - Flame Red
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Agreed, it's very simple. They screwed up, they are wrong and have way more than inconvenienced you, and if they were an honorable company they would do what it takes to make it right. Or if they are a ****** company like most are, they will do what they are doing.

I really hope they do the right thing for you.

They are a ****** company. FCA corporate just called me and told me “some of the parts will be in July 5 and the others are backordered with no ETA.” They didn’t tell me what parts or why they found. She said that a zone rep called but didn’t visit and that the service manager is refusing to change the headliner despite that it got wet. She said that he told her there’s no mold and he’s and “expert.” I told her from this point forward all communication will go through my attorney and hung up the phone, which is what the attorney told me to do. This is unreal. If you have not bought an FCA product yet, don’t. Save the aggravation.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are a ****** company. FCA corporate just called me and told me “some of the parts will be in July 5 and the others are backordered with no ETA.” They didn’t tell me what parts or why they found. She said that a zone rep called but didn’t visit and that the service manager is refusing to change the headliner despite that it got wet. She said that he told her there’s no mold and he’s and “expert.” I told her from this point forward all communication will go through my attorney and hung up the phone, which is what the attorney told me to do. This is unreal. If you have not bought an FCA product yet, don’t. Save the aggravation.

Wow....that's shameless, arguing over a headliner that's been a known issue for like the last 10+ years. Sounds like you did the right thing by saying just communicate with the attorney, I give you credit for hanging in there for as long as you did. I'm on my third lightly used ram and have been fortunate with all 3 for the most part, and have done very well trading them in. The only reason I'll continue to do so is because I want a full size truck and I'm sure I could easily find dirt just as bad on the other truck makers/dealerships so it's all a crapshoot/gamble, which really sucks. I bought my last ram from a ford dealer and after I found something wrong once I got it home they were very reasonable about it and promptly drove me down a loaner (about 3 hours) and fixed what I complained about and drove my ram back to me within a 5 days, which I found to be entirely fair. The dealer I bought my second ram from, was an entirely different story.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Parts? Parts? Parts? WTF, sounds like they'd have to take off the radiator cap and slide a new truck underneath it. Some service managers MIGHT know something but most know how to maximize their paycheck / commission by increasing customer pay sales and not warranty claims. Btw your repairing dealership seems to spend a lot of time answering their Google reviews, especially a whole ****load of negative ones.

So glad you have engaged the services of an attorney. Just let them handle it and best of luck with the baby.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Footmat1. Time to move forward. I hope you have a bulldog attorney. Make it clear you expect him/her to get every dollar under every law rock that is available. Every person every company in this transaction gets named. Let them plead their way off the complaint in front of a judge.
The only way dealers and manufactures learn, react and respect a customer is when we ***** slap their bank account and post a timely review. The other member's are dead right. This is a classic **** dealer problem. Unfortunately, FCA will do nothing about their behavior.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Footmat1. Time to move forward. I hope you have a bulldog attorney. Make it clear you expect him/her to get every dollar under every law rock that is available. Every person every company in this transaction gets named. Let them plead their way off the complaint in front of a judge.
The only way dealers and manufactures learn, react and respect a customer is when we ***** slap their bank account and post a timely review. The other member's are dead right. This is a classic **** dealer problem. Unfortunately, FCA will do nothing about their behavior.

Unfortunately, lemon law is only vs. the manufacturer. Dealers aren't implicated at all. FCA refers to the dealer in whatever manner is convenient for them at the time. When they don't respond to me, FCA says "well, they're independent privately owned business that only sell FCA products..." and when they refuse to replace a damaged part under warranty that would cost FCA money, FCA says "they're experts and we trust their assessment." The refusal to replace a headliner that got wet is completely absurd. The water came out of the speaker grille and saturated the area around the airbag label, so I feel like the airbag got wet and should be replaced, too. They won't replace that either. The first batch of parts will be in July 5, the rest are backordered with no ETA. What parts? I don't know. The dealer has not contacted me once in the 9 days my vehicle has been there. FCA didn't know what was wrong, other than the fact that the service manager is refusing to replace the headliner. This whole process has been completely absurd and mismanaged. I'll have to put this out of my head for a few days since my wife will be giving birth tomorrow....it's not like I'll have my truck back anytime soon anyway.

What I do know is I'll never purchase an FCA product again. My boss was looking at a new Grand Cherokee Summit for his wife, but he's abandoned that idea after my experience. I really didn't want an F150 or a Sierra, but I'm probably going to have to go in that direction.

Manshoon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram1500 Limited CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi onDa Brain
Unfortunately, lemon law is only vs. the manufacturer. Dealers aren't implicated at all. FCA refers to the dealer in whatever manner is convenient for them at the time. When they don't respond to me, FCA says "well, they're independent privately owned business that only sell FCA products..." and when they refuse to replace a damaged part under warranty that would cost FCA money, FCA says "they're experts and we trust their assessment." The refusal to replace a headliner that got wet is completely absurd. The water came out of the speaker grille and saturated the area around the airbag label, so I feel like the airbag got wet and should be replaced, too. They won't replace that either. The first batch of parts will be in July 5, the rest are backordered with no ETA. What parts? I don't know. The dealer has not contacted me once in the 9 days my vehicle has been there. FCA didn't know what was wrong, other than the fact that the service manager is refusing to replace the headliner. This whole process has been completely absurd and mismanaged. I'll have to put this out of my head for a few days since my wife will be giving birth tomorrow....it's not like I'll have my truck back anytime soon anyway.

What I do know is I'll never purchase an FCA product again. My boss was looking at a new Grand Cherokee Summit for his wife, but he's abandoned that idea after my experience. I really didn't want an F150 or a Sierra, but I'm probably going to have to go in that direction.

I would rethink the Sierra thing also. The transmission in these new GMC's are the crappy of the crappy when they are looking for shift points. I bought a a new 2017 Silverado LTz and had nothing but issues with the transmission lagging between shifts. My Neighbor had the same thing with his new 50k Silverado and has even went with shift kits to fix the issues.

I have been lurking on buying a Limited or Longhorn, Laramie trimmed RAM 1500 again after owning my 2011 Longhorn I sold for the Silverado, which I sold for my 2018 Tundra Platinum Crew max. Toyota makes a good truck with cheap stereos and shocks, no remote start, but has the safety sense automatic braking ect. Toyota's Cooled seats suck to no end also. As I still haven't had it work more then once.

After seeing the Ford Military Grade aluminum truck ripped open like a pop can that got hit head on, literally peeled right down the side, like cleaning a fish, negates any Ford F150 Ownership. So that leaves very limited choices of Nissan Titans which I have owned two of them also in 2006, 2007 I bought one in each year. Good trucks that lack power for today standards. Less the Cummins Diesel powered Titan which I won't own either because I don't like the smell of diesel.

I would say a newer built 2019 Ram 1500 would be the thing FCA should do. I am going to wait and see where this one goes before I pull the trigger for the new Ram. The interior layout inside the Ram 1500 is superior to everything out there, and I like the styling allot.

OP
OP
F

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I would rethink the Sierra thing also. The transmission in these new GMC's are the crappy of the crappy when they are looking for shift points. I bought a a new 2017 Silverado LTz and had nothing but issues with the transmission lagging between shifts. My Neighbor had the same thing with his new 50k Silverado and has even went with shift kits to fix the issues.

I have been lurking on buying a Limited or Longhorn, Laramie trimmed RAM 1500 again after owning my 2011 Longhorn I sold for the Silverado, which I sold for my 2018 Tundra Platinum Crew max. Toyota makes a good truck with cheap stereos and shocks, no remote start, but has the safety sense automatic braking ect. Toyota's Cooled seats suck to no end also. As I still haven't had it work more then once.

After seeing the Ford Military Grade aluminum truck ripped open like a pop can that got hit head on, literally peeled right down the side, like cleaning a fish, negates any Ford F150 Ownership. So that leaves very limited choices of Nissan Titans which I have owned two of them also in 2006, 2007 I bought one in each year. Good trucks that lack power for today standards. Less the Cummins Diesel powered Titan which I won't own either because I don't like the smell of diesel.

I would say a newer built 2019 Ram 1500 would be the thing FCA should do. I am going to wait and see where this one goes before I pull the trigger for the new Ram. The interior layout inside the Ram 1500 is superior to everything out there, and I like the styling allot.

It’s true, all of these platforms have their problems. Toyota and Nissan aren’t trucks I’d consider. My dad has a ‘19 Sierra Denali 6.2. While not without its problems, GM has handled them way better, without arguments or waiting for parts. His 10 speed transmission feels about as smooth and quick as my Ram’s 8 speed. If FCA wants to do a straight up swap, they need to make it worth my while for all this aggravation. Even still, not sure where I’d have it serviced as my closest dealer obviously sucks, and the others nearby don’t have a good reputation either. :-(

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds as if you really want a GM op

OP
OP
F

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Sounds as if you really want a GM op

I honestly don’t know what I want, as they all have drawbacks to me when compared to my Ram. The interior on my truck was hands down the winner which is why I bought mine. Planned on keeping it a long time too, as I bought a 7yr / 125k mike max care warranty with it. I just don’t want a truck with problems, and after this experience, I don’t even know where I’d have it serviced.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I think the OP just wants what we all want in a vehicle. Something he likes and suits he needs. A vehicle that is dependable and not laden with problems. A quality vehicle that the manufacturer stands behind and has a network of capible service providers that can happily, willingly and quickly attend to any issues that arise. It sucks to lay out a ton of $ either in cash or payments and end up getting something you can't even use. What makes it worse is when the manufacturer and its agent just lets it continually drag on so the owners only recourse is litigation.
WTF kind of ******** is that in relationship to customer service and satisfaction??

OP
OP
F

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I think the OP just wants what we all want in a vehicle. Something he likes and suits he needs. A vehicle that is dependable and not laden with problems. A quality vehicle that the manufacturer stands behind and has a network of capible service providers that can happily, willingly and quickly attend to any issues that arise. It sucks to lay out a ton of $ either in cash or payments and end up getting something you can't even use. What makes it worse is when the manufacturer and its agent just lets it continually drag on so the owners only recourse is litigation.
WTF kind of ******** is that in relationship to customer service and satisfaction??

Precisely

OP
OP
F

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Today is the 12th day since I dropped my truck off at the dealer for a litany of problems. Still no communication from the dealer, or a returned call or email. It’s raining again, my truck is outside leaking. This is like the 6th big storm since it’s been there. Wtf?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Today is the 12th day since I dropped my truck off at the dealer for a litany of problems. Still no communication from the dealer, or a returned call or email. It’s raining again, my truck is outside leaking. This is like the 6th big storm since it’s been there. Wtf?

I would go there, get in the truck, drive it into their oil change place/lube shop/gazebo/showroom floor... wherever you can get it under cover, then get out and lock it up tight and leave.

I know its not right.... but wtf. That is complete asinine.

I dont think I would jump ship to just any other car company because of this. Is it wrong what they are doing to you... hell yes. But trust me, there has been someone in your shoes with every other car company out there, too. From the pos vehicle, to the ****** dealer service, to the main car company leaving you high and dry... they have all done it. If you like the RAM truck, I would just try your luck again... after this you are bound to get one now that will be trouble free for years.

Well, I say that... but Im not in your shoes either. I would be absolutely furious.

Congrats with the new addition to the family. Exciting!!!

OP
OP
F

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I would go there, get in the truck, drive it into their oil change place/lube shop/gazebo/showroom floor... wherever you can get it under cover, then get out and lock it up tight and leave.

I know its not right.... but wtf. That is complete asinine.

I dont think I would jump ship to just any other car company because of this. Is it wrong what they are doing to you... hell yes. But trust me, there has been someone in your shoes with every other car company out there, too. From the pos vehicle, to the ****** dealer service, to the main car company leaving you high and dry... they have all done it. If you like the RAM truck, I would just try your luck again... after this you are bound to get one now that will be trouble free for years.

Well, I say that... but Im not in your shoes either. I would be absolutely furious.

Congrats with the new addition to the family. Exciting!!!

Thank you! This is certainly a priority over the vehicle anyway, but the truck is aggravating. I know it’s a relatively well designed truck, but the failure of people at all levels has ruined my faith in FCA and their dealers. I’m not really sure how I could purchase another one.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you! This is certainly a priority over the vehicle anyway, but the truck is aggravating. I know it’s a relatively well designed truck, but the failure of people at all levels has ruined my faith in FCA and their dealers. I’m not really sure how I could purchase another one.

Yes. I completely understand. I wouldn't worry so much about a ****** dealer... they are on their own. As much of a pain it would be to drive to a different/better dealer further away, you certainly have the option. But, it sure does grind ya when you get in contact with the big wigs in FCA and they still just want to sweep ya under a rug. Leaves a ****** taste in your mouth for sure.

Best of luck to ya, man! I will be checking in with this soap opera.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh, and I know demanding stuff doesn't always work very well. But your loaner deal.... I would certainly try demanding a close to equivalent vehicle... like a big horn or something. At least a truck with enough seats for your family. Such ********!!!!!

OP
OP
F

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Oh, and I know demanding stuff doesn't always work very well. But your loaner deal.... I would certainly try demanding a close to equivalent vehicle... like a big horn or something. At least a truck with enough seats for your family. Such ********!!!!!

FCA told me if I want to rent a Chrysler Pacifica on my own they’d reimburse me for it. I’m not laying out any money on my own for this and I have no idea how long I’d have to do it for. The dealer doesn’t have anything bigger than a quad cab. Also, I’m not sure how I’d specifically find a Chrysler Pacifica to rent in the Lehigh Valley. Not a hotbed of rental car companies.

OP
OP
F

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Day 13 of my truck being at the dealer. Now that my lemon law case has been officially filed, I wonder if I’ll ever see it again. Doesn’t seem like there’s any sense of urgency on FCA or the dealer’s part.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Day 13 of my truck being at the dealer. Now that my lemon law case has been officially filed, I wonder if I’ll ever see it again. Doesn’t seem like there’s any sense of urgency on FCA or the dealer’s part.

Not hurting FCA or the dealer one bit with it just sitting there. So I would guess absolutely no sense of urgency on their part.