INFO - 2013-2018 8.4A /AN FW Notes (RA3/VP3-NA & RA4/VP4-NA & UAx)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
4th gen ram owners don't have SRT pages and you won't get much feedback at this site/thread. You may want to reach out to CustomTronix or see the link towards the bottom of the first post for a possible non USA SW ...

Here you go it is in the Uconnect8.4 directory under Panasonic (non USA Radios). They also have the 21.6 update which might have maps in it since it is over 9GB. I didn't download it since it is not for my US radio.

www.mydrive.ch.

username: mygig@soxag
Password: gasolio

skydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Hi there all,

Posting this in hopes someone has an RA3/RA4 v17.xx.xx MY16 Canadian update file squirrelled away.

Many thanks for taking a look.

Cheers,

EdmontonRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Sport (DT)
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for the latest software for my Canadian 2020 5th Gen Ram 8.4” Nav radio. Does anyone know how to find these files?

Thanks

skydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Folks,

Found an RA3 17.43.01 version that worked on my Canadian MY16 8.4 UConnect stuck on 16.09.09. This should allow me to jump to 18.45.01 and activate the NAV/install the latest map package although I'm pretty sure I can do that on 17.43.01.

The file is here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/luly8kut8qqppfu/UCONNECT_8.4A_RA3_17.43.01_MY16_NAFTA.zip/file It was a bit unnerving to update and took about 45 minutes to complete. It looped unit number 1 and 2, 3 times before it moved to the remainder. Thought I pooched my unit but it completed without issue so be patient if it happens to you.

Head unit P/N 68258676AH Truck build date is 5-16. Full functionality and no issues to date.

Cheers,

Skydog

frederic noel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey guy's i've done the 5 inch to 8.4 radio conversion with the single zone atc , my question is , when truck is cold , in the winter , i can't get the blend door to the right setting , defrost on defrost etc... but when temperature is in normal operation , everything work as it suppose to, i did the calibration test with alfa and it's all pass ,reset bcm, hvac, radio . and other thing is if i press max ac it goes cold than after i select warmer temp , i can get the blend door at the right setting , but like i said as soon temperature it's in normal state , i can change blend door setting no problem , do you guy's have this issue ? hvac is the good one for my truck, wiring all ok etc... resistor is a denso

Paperboy4828

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So the post 4 update also works with AJ as well:
POST 4: 2015 8.4AN Firmware (RA4/VP4 NA)
Verified P/N's from members:

- 68238619AA AC AE AF AG AH AJ

F417BF57-A3D5-41D4-A4AE-A96FEC6F7658.jpeg6DB1307F-B9EA-49D2-B1D7-5B7CF653AA9C.jpeg

Paperboy4828

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
O.K! Finished the up-grade to 18.45.01. I had some concern because there was no image file in the down load, but thanks to chrisbh17, who noted what exact files should be on the jump drive (page 109 of this thread) I ran with it. (Also, I got un-lazy and read every page in the thread) And the up-grade went swimmingly.. The up-grade fixed a plaguing problem with the navigation. Often times I would get ready to use the navigation and it didn't know where it was... when I would go to info - where am I - GPS it indicated it was not connected to any satellites. Sometimes it would connect after a power down and door open, sometimes not. And sometimes just driving along it would all of a sudden connect.

After the upgrade, bam - I have satellite connection immediately every time, and the clock works for automatic time retrieval. Thanks for all this, much appreciated!

bigdodge

Reaction score
just so im clear abuot what update my radio needs. the part #68461703ac. its a new unit that had never been installed with a manufacture date of 7-21. the current software is 20.xx.xx. from what im reading on here i can update to the 22.6.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Yes you do

Paperboy4828

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well, up-grade to 18.45.01, Nav and all works fantastic, but now Sirius XM radio keeps loosing connection, will be going along and it will drop for 3 to 5 seconds then come right back. This happens randomly and repeatedly sometime 5 or 6 time in 10 minutes. It never did that until I installed the 18.45.01, and even though the documentations said it would enhance radio reception, there seemed to be no change for AM/FM reception, and now problems with Sirius XM... Has anyone else observed this problem? Any Suggestions?

Sarum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 limited
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0L
figured id share my story
i have a 2017 Ram 1500 limited ecodiesel, i bought a UAQ from infotainment 2 years ago (for the carplay feature)
been suffering from the odd freezing, crashing and seriusxm bug since i installed it.. been putting off updating because i didnt have a 2018 vin to get updates..
i was at the dealer asked them to help, they said nothing they could do
i asked the place i bought it from and they gave me the latest firmware 39.6 for UAQ

my first attempt to upgrade gave me error 20

then i read the pdf instructions for the 39.6 update (i know, backwards, shoulda read it first)

i read in the help file very specifically on the second page it said:

"CAUTION! The following procedure is to be performed in the order shown in this document.
Failure to do so may damage the radio and may need to be replacement. The
expected minimum SW version should be IR-22.64 or higher for the update."

and again on the third page:

"CAUTION! If this software is used on a radio with software level under 22.64, it could
damage the radio. If the radio is damaged it may need to be replaced."

my software was at 22.60 as is most people ive read about on this forum

i downloaded 28.3 which is compadable with upgrading from 22.6, then after it finished, i updated to 39.6 flawlessly with no problems

all files are here:

i hope this helps

now i just need to figure out how to get the updated maps.. again i need a valid vin :-(

thanks to Lurker55 for all the help

andrewfblack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my truck last year and didn't know it was Canadian. It has a 8.4A (RA3) I tried to update firmware from uconnect site but it kept saying mine was up to date but it was 14.xx and I knew there were updates. After finding this thread I tried to flash the firmware from Post 9. All seemed to be going well then it gave an error and I have a screen telling me to insert update disk. If I put my thumb drive back in it will see it and say updating wait 2-3 minutes then go back to the insert update disk again. I figured may I had a bad download check MD5 again its good. Checked uconnect site again and made sure I couldn't find update there. Called uconnect support and they told me reason the site doesn't have firmware update is because my truck is Canadian. I had no clue it was Canadian, I bought it in South Alabama in July and dealer told me he sold the truck to the guy back in 2013. Which I figure was a lie but now I know its a lie.

I figure the reason the update failed is because I was flashing the US version of the firmware to the Canadian radio. Does anyone have 17.43.01 or any other firmware I an try for a Canadian 2013 RA3. I really don't want to have to buy a new radio.

Edit nevermind, I ended up using another SD Card and got it to update using the US version.

Last edited:

Kurt B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ok I have a RA3 from a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited that was running fine in the Jeep and I install it in my 2016 Ram and it will just continue to boot up and after being on for about 60 seconds or so it reboots again. The radio is running the odd Jeep only software version of 14.32.3 Which 8 was able to catch in the menu of the radio before it reboots. It also continues to use the Jeep Flash screen instead of changing to the Ram startup screen. I have been digging around trying to see if I can even update the software on this radio with a newer version but have not been able to dig up what version if any I can use to update this radio. Anyone have any suggestions or does this radio have to be installed in a 2015 Jeep to function properly?

Jtrem714

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have been having issues with the device not supported message when using the compass hub.

Little lost on what software version I should be running.

Here is a snapshot of my radio and what it's running currently.

Any help would be appreciated.

EC80CA85-B3E1-4527-8FE2-6F042C492821.jpeg

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have been having issues with the device not supported message when using the compass hub.

Little lost on what software version I should be running.

Here is a snapshot of my radio and what it's running currently.

Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 498048
You have a fairly new firmware (34.2) and I think its Canadian? The 39.6 firmware for Canadian trucks may fix your issue, but I'm running 39.6 and still have the message.