Installed S&B cold air, but now cameras won’t work ‍♂️

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Astewartconst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The install went smoothly S&B provides good directions. Only issue was one of the ball snaps that hold the engine cover on broke so I used zip tie around a solid point to hold the right side of the cover secure. Unfortunately (but not surprisingly) my cameras now don’t work. First and last step of install is unhook the negative battery terminal so maybe having the battery unhooked caused some glitch. I assumed something would go wrong after the install but I figured it would be some warning might not that my cameras don’t work. Any thoughts? I might just bring it to the dealer let them figure it out

In other news my axles unlock flashing light seems to be fixed. Picked it up from the dealer yesterday they replaced some parts that didn’t solve it and finally did something with a rear axle sensor. Haven’t tried the lockers yet though

Here are some photos

BA0498ED-D581-40DF-B294-42D7E8A28A9E.jpeg

391CF55C-716D-4032-9F55-A33016AB8DAB.jpeg

71F3393A-1D5F-43E7-B671-7AF135091156.jpeg

OP
OP
A

Astewartconst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Edit. Surround camera and backup camera came on. I can cycle through all the cameras from the surround camera view but it does not show any of the camera app buttons (front, back, cargo..etc) in the U Connect which is bizarre. All I have at the moment is surround but I cannot move the app down to my main screen 7 buttons

OP
OP
A

Astewartconst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Also the S&B filter seems to give the engine some more growl under normal acceleration. I left the side plug out

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After disconnecting the battery it can take a while for the climate control and camera functions to come back operational. Normal with battery disconnect.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I was thinking of going with this set up, but kept the OE box and installed a green filter instead. The OE box is allegedly pretty good air flow. What about it was a gamer changer over the OE box?

OP
OP
A

Astewartconst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I was thinking of going with this set up, but kept the OE box and installed a green filter instead. The OE box is allegedly pretty good air flow. What about it was a gamer changer over the OE box?

Probably nothing is a game changer over the stock setup. I assume possible marginal power gains maybe but overall so far all I can say is the truck sounds a little better can hear the intake and engine growl a bit more than before

Scndthief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
When I installed my S&B I had the same issue, Cameras and the passenger climate and seat controls disappeared from uconnect.
I waited like 24 hours and everything came back. Be patient give it some time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Astewartconst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
When I installed my S&B I had the same issue, Cameras and the passenger climate and seat controls disappeared from uconnect.
I waited like 24 hours and everything came back. Be patient give it some time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep everything is now back online. Wish I known to expect this going in I wouldn’t have been so alarmed

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm looking at ordering one of these S&B Intakes for my 75A which is on order. This is good information...thank you.

I'm glad it worked out and all came back up.

S&B makes good stuff...have one of their intakes on my 2017 Rebel.