Just completed my lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The toyo's I liked most are the open country r/t's. I had the open country m/t's before, and they were pretty quiet for how aggressive they were as well though. I had the a/t2's and they were surprisingly about as loud as the m/t's. Personally I think if you want aggressive, the toyo's m/t is about the same noise level as the a/t2. I haven't tried the a/t3, they're new and I think I'm settled on r/t's and m/t's.

Personally, I think the r/t looks a little more aggressive than the a/t line from Toyo. Plus the r/t is hardly noticeable on noise level, they are quieter than the factory good year wrangler c-rated, not sure about the passenger tire that come on our trucks from the factory though. I only had them for about two weeks, and didn't pay attention to the noise.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I looked on Toyo's site but only found these ** new ** AT3s. Gotta admit they do look good but I'm curious on the extremes you mentioned too. Am I missing something?

https://www.toyotires.com/product/open-country-at3

my apologies only the at2 had a normal and extreme. The AT3 is an improved AT2 extreme. My tire rep knew always to send us the extreme model so I assumed they kept that with the release of the AT3.

OP
OP
regal81455

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gotcha!! Thanks I may have to consider this further. If this new covid $$ comes in I may end up doing something lol

OP
OP
regal81455

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my apologies only the at2 had a normal and extreme. The AT3 is an improved AT2 extreme. My tire rep knew always to send us the extreme model so I assumed they kept that with the release of the AT3.

So I really didn't want to spoil it BUT you got me excited enough to move forward with new shoes!! :driver:

Took your recommendation, watched some reviews and purchased a set of 295/65/20 Toyo OC AT3s. They are supposed to arrive sometime early next week so I should have them on the truck by end of next weekend! Stay tuned for pics! :drunk:

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
So I really didn't want to spoil it BUT you got me excited enough to move forward with new shoes!! :driver:

Took your recommendation, watched some reviews and purchased a set of 295/65/20 Toyo OC AT3s. They are supposed to arrive sometime early next week so I should have them on the truck by end of next weekend! Stay tuned for pics! :drunk:

Awesome. You will not be disappointed I sell a lot of tires and have nothing but good experiences with Toyo and their tread is one of the best

OP
OP
regal81455

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are on! Pic doesn't really do it justice but definitely looks like a different truck in person!! Appreciate the suggestion!! :drunk:

Haven't driven it much though since I had them put on during lunch hour. Now I just need to adjust the speedo and shift points with Alfa... when I get home! :dogpile:

Soooo here is the after lift again...

truck-afterlift.jpg

And then after the new 295/65/20 shoes!!

truck-afternew-tires.jpg