led tail light options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bingo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Quad Cab Sport
So my 16 Ram sport is having an issue with the OEM rear led tail lights. A while back i backed into a mailbox and cracked the tail light. To my horror here in Canada i see a replacement is around $500CAD. So i found a used one locally it had the chrome surround so i colour matched it to the drivers side one and all was good.
As of this week i have had the "rear tail light fault" pop up on the dash causing the flasher on the dash to hyper flash as well as my pass mirror signal to hyper flash too.
As an experiment i plugged my old light back in and it seemed to fix the fault. Putting the replacement light back in caused the fault to start again.
It looks like a couple of the LEDs on the passenger tail light may be out. The tail light does not hyper flash but just causes the fault on the dash.

I am considering my options. Which aftermarket LED tail lights have people used to replace the OEM Led lights?

I also found this harness which supposedly enables me to fit aftermarket lights. Has anyone else gone this route?
On a side note i did check the bulb in the 3rd Brake light (its OK) and i cleaned the trailer connection and applied dielectric grease. I also did this on the tail light connectors.

I like the style of the 5th gen lights too

Wallyb4

Retired EWC(SW/AW) 1983-2003
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I would love to know if that works also. $300 per light average is mind boggling

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
If I am not mistaken, aftermarket lights are setup as for those of use that do not have factory LEDs. They have a resister in them so that we don't have to change any settings in the computer. BTW, there is a setting that can be changed with AlphaOBD to tell the computer if factory LEDs or not. If you are putting in lights with the resistor and the truck is setup with LEDs, you may be confusing the computer.

Or I may be completely off target.

Leveil22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m getting flickering from my Morimotos on my longhorn