Low cost tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2Tallguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
I have bought quite a few sets of Michelin tires over the years and yes, they are a high mileage highway tire, but I have experienced major road noise and poor wet traction long before the tread wears out. I used to run Michelins exclusively on my sports cars, but got tired of paying top dollar for a tire that wears out in 15k miles when there are others out there that for 30% less money perform very close to the Michelin.
Michelin's are all our 2005 Pilot has ever had after the POS Bridgestone's died at 23K. This last time I went with Coopers though and they're working out well. I run Toyo's on my 2007 Ram 2500 exclusively for 12 yrs at least. Tires a super expensive now and I'd consider other brands.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
obviously, these tires arent for everyone. I was just merely giving my feedback on these. will everyone be happy with them? maybe not. I could not imagine spending $2000 on a set of tires for a 220k mile truck i gave $8000 for. I had a 2015 Eco diesel ram that i sold because it couldnt justify it just sitting there depreciating in the driveway. I chose to purchase a fully depreciated truck to sit in its place instead. I ran Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires on the Eco. They were about as expensive as the Michelin counterparts, but a much more aggressive tread design like i wanted.
Ironman tires they are made by ATD (American Tire Distributors ) Hercules / Cooper Tires ! FYI

farout75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
I just bought a cheap ram 1500 to haul stuff from Home Depot, haul trash to the dump, Etc. Wasnt interested in purchasing any expensive tires, so i searched on ebay the cheapest tires i could find. They are the Ironman All country A/T 275/65/20. ordered them on a Monday, and they arrived on Wednesday. Took them down to Discount tire and had them mounted and balanced. The tire tech that installed them was surprised that they balanced out so well being a cheap tire. They seem to give a smooth ride and also have very good traction, whether it be snow or rain. If you are looking for a cheap tire, you should try these.
Be sure and tell us how they last.

FF376

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had a set of the same Iron mans on my 2nd gen for the same reasons. Did great for the three years or so I ran them till my son took over driving and replaced the wheel tire combo for something else.

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
I too am sold on Ironman. I bought the Mud Terrains in a 37x13.50 When my Toyo MT's decided to identify as racing slicks.
Shipped mounted and balanced for $1120
They ride great, they're quieter than my Toyo MTs were, and the traction is on par with the Toyos. Tread wear is unknown at this time, they're still pretty fresh.
I've heard the bad and the good on these tires all over the web before purchasing. A buddy of mine is on his 4th set in a 2500 Cummins and said he will absolutely be ordering a 5th when the time comes.
I too second the statement that "You don't need to follow the chest thumpers and $$$ spenders, By the shoes that fit your feet and needs"
Don't buy Limited Release Nike Air Max's if your going to complain about their price and how they don't have traction in the mud. Buy yourself a set of $40 Caterpillar steel toes from Walmart and get 'er done.
(Its your money, spend it where you want)

Mootster16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I run Treadwright tire on my 3rd set on my ram and first set on the wife's f150. Less than $600 a set getting about 40 50k out of them towing most of the time.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I too am sold on Ironman. I bought the Mud Terrains in a 37x13.50 When my Toyo MT's decided to identify as racing slicks.
Shipped mounted and balanced for $1120
They ride great, they're quieter than my Toyo MTs were, and the traction is on par with the Toyos. Tread wear is unknown at this time, they're still pretty fresh.
I've heard the bad and the good on these tires all over the web before purchasing. A buddy of mine is on his 4th set in a 2500 Cummins and said he will absolutely be ordering a 5th when the time comes.
I too second the statement that "You don't need to follow the chest thumpers and $$$ spenders, By the shoes that fit your feet and needs"
Don't buy Limited Release Nike Air Max's if your going to complain about their price and how they don't have traction in the mud. Buy yourself a set of $40 Caterpillar steel toes from Walmart and get 'er done.
(Its your money, spend it where you want)

I could save $360+ if I went with them Vs what I'm looking at.

Make you stop and think how much Discount tire makes on their tire sales.

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
I could save $360+ if I went with them Vs what I'm looking at.

Make you stop and think how much Discount tire makes on their tire sales.
That's what I was thinking! Haha, I ordered mine from Tirebuyer.com They had them in stock and shipping was not absurd.
I had to find a place to mount them though due to the oversize.
(Just a heads up, 35"-37" is the about the max your average tire shop will be able to mount or balance, some also try to charge way too much for mounting)
You shouldn't have to pay more than 20-30 a tire to mount and balance. Mom & Pop shops are a lot more honest with their prices and don't give you crap if you didn't buy the tires from them.

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've never bought Michelins. They are just too pricy when other cheaper brands have been just as good. I've had Falkens and liked those but after 5 years in the Vegas heat they started to crack around 35k. But they were good. Replaced those with Coopers.

Thinking of putting some cheaper Chinese tires on my Challenger that have had some good reviews.
For the ridiculous low prices on Prioritytire.com I don't see a downside to not give them a shot. Walmart has them as well onn their website.
The big brand name prices are just getting out of hand.

I've used cheaper tires before on a Jeep that were much better than the Goodyear's I had on it. Couldn't wait to get those off and haven't bought Goodyears since, except for what came on my Ram when new.

Just because we never heard of them don't mean they suck.

Last edited:

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've never bought Michelins. They are just too pricy when other cheaper brands have been just as good.
Couldn’t agree more. My wife’s Escape came with Michelin Latitudes. They were good tires, lasted 55k miles but when I looked into new ones they are $255 each. Uniroyal is a subsidiary of Michelin and a 65K mile tire is $130. Sorry but my wife is a 55 year old woman who drives like she’s 155. Can’t see spending $125 more per tire because they are Michelins.