MoS2 versus Lubegard Biotech & Redline/QSUD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So I left all of the glasses soak in dawn and water and all other 3 where spotless, the lubegard was still sticking. I went full hot water and dawn again, rinsed it with hot water again, and still sticking. This was after like 5 heat soaks and washes. Finally wiped it out, it was still green in color and the glass still smells funky. I wonder how my Bourbon is gonna taste. Note to self, next time pick better glasses than you favorite Whiskey Glasses.

49474566878_45a00a3aa2_z.jpg

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So for us who don't understand much about all this oil stuff and are watching the sticky stuff inside the glass :), is that a good thing or a bad thing ?

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I just thought it was interesting because it was doing this when 3 other products weren't at or near operating temps of an engine. As stated, more testing against hemi tick needed imo. I don't know of it is good or not, but looks like potential to me.

Probably a much better way to do it is to heat the fluid itself up to 212f and see how it sticks. But I didn't think to do that set up. Probably wouldn't be that hard to do. Also should be diluted with engine oil at desired treatment rate.

Last edited:

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
So for us who don't understand much about all this oil stuff and are watching the sticky stuff inside the glass :), is that a good thing or a bad thing ?

If your engine is made of glass; it might be good.

But if your engine is made of metal and operates at higher then room temperature ... who knows.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If your engine is made of glass; it might be good.

But if your engine is made of metal and operates at higher then room temperature ... who knows.

If it sticks to glass,it'll stick to metal even better.Most metal finishes/surfaces in an engine are rougher or in laymans terms porous in comparision to a glass surface,any decent machinist will tell you that.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
If it sticks to glass,it'll stick to metal even better.Most metal finishes/surfaces in an engine are rougher or in laymans terms porous in comparision to a glass surface,any decent machinist will tell you that.

But there is no temperature or friction being applied to the glass.

Lucas sticks also.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
/QUOTE="dexter, post: 2205978, member: 44999"]But there is no temperature or friction being applied to the glass.

Lucas sticks also.

[/QUOTE]

That's the stupidest test ever designed,we used to laugh at it.If that's all you can come up with,you really don't know a hell'va a lot about the surface finish on metal do you.Glass is far slippery then a machined metal finish is. Glasses coefficient of friction doesn't really change much with heat,the fluids surface tension on it will change with heat,but not the surfaces actual slipperiness.Not sure what your issue with Mike/Burla is,but you seem to have a burr up your ass about him,enough to make me wonder if you have a secret love/hate relationship with the man,lol.Settle down just picking on ya,but you're dislike of Mike is really tiresome at times,this is one of them,lol

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
/QUOTE="dexter, post: 2205978, member: 44999"]But there is no temperature or friction being applied to the glass.

Lucas sticks also.

That's the stupidest test ever designed,we used to laugh at it.If that's all you can come up with,you really don't know a hell'va a lot about the surface finish on metal do you.Glass is far slippery then a machined metal finish is. Glasses coefficient of friction doesn't really change much with heat,the fluids surface tension on it will change with heat,but not the surfaces actual slipperiness.Not sure what your issue with Mike/Burla is,but you seem to have a burr up your ass about him,enough to make me wonder if you have a secret love/hate relationship with the man,lol.Settle down just picking on ya,but you're dislike of Mike is really tiresome at times,this is one of them,lol[/QUOTE]

@Wild one

If you don’t respond to his post things go much smother

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just ignore this troll guys ...he doesn't post his ignorance as often if you just ignore him [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Niteboss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All this proves is that it sticks to glass. My boogers stick to glass.

Nothing scientific about this uncontrolled test.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
All this proves is that it sticks to glass. My boogers stick to glass.

Nothing scientific about this uncontrolled test.

Some of the best tests are real world tests like this.I'm pretty sure you could do it scientifically if you wanted in a controlled environment,like a lab,but i'd lay odds the findings aren't going to be much different,lol.Burla came up with a test that is very intriguing and interesting,point me to a test you've come up with that discredits his test,i'm sure you must have devised a test by now to discredit his test,you've had 24 hours to think about it booger nose,lol

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It wasn't meant as a be all test, just wanted to highlight and explore something I witnessed. The stuff doesn't wash out with heat and soap and every other thing I have does wash out. I have only found one other product that does this and that is o ring seal. The difference is o ring seals like magic lube have a thick viscosity, this stuff having a thin viscosity and sticking ability with heat, is a good jumping off point to spawn some real world testing. I should have tested it further before dumping it into our vehicles, after finding this I should have tried mixing it with out 10/1 and seeing if it sticks then. No time soon, but I will do more at some point.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The tests do show something...it's still something we would have never known..it's still knowledge and thus room for more tests....every test is...more often than not tests can also be used to say hmmmm...wat if we tried this now?good or bad..still knowledge...at least someoe is trying and thinking...good job burla

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Still a great deal at amazon, $6.29 for 10 ounce Lubegard Biotech, and 15 ounce is $9.38. They raised the 10 ounce and lowered the 15 ounce, so now both are great deals.
burla just purchased 15oz. lubegard at amazon for $7.51 each my 2 cents