My New Truck has Arrived!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered mine feb 16th and as of today it just got off the train in Chicago. W T F

I ordered mine about 3 weeks after yours and I would be extremely happy to be where you are with your order 3 weeks from now. As of now they are still gathering parts, so literally 0 progress on my 3/6 order.

Congrats to the OP on having a fairly quick delivery though.

rjpoog1989

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Congrats! That’s a good looking truck!

Mine is still in D1 status, ordered March 16.

Summit1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Nice!

Eight weeks (and often more) seems to be the average build-delivery time. Some of the parts are in very short supply or out of stock. Some of the delays are being blamed on the chip factory fire in Japan, while others are being blamed on the covids.

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ordered mine about 3 weeks after yours and I would be extremely happy to be where you are with your order 3 weeks from now. As of now they are still gathering parts, so literally 0 progress on my 3/6 order.

Congrats to the OP on having a fairly quick delivery though.
You should be fine . A lot can happen in 3 weeks. It only takes less than 16 hours to be built on the assembly line. Than a few days at the vender. Shipping time can be frustrating.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You should be fine . A lot can happen in 3 weeks. It only takes less than 16 hours to be built on the assembly line. Than a few days at the vender. Shipping time can be frustrating.

Thanks for the encouraging words, and that may just end up being the case (I hope!)...my dealer updated me at the end of the day yesterday that I am in D1 now, so it appears I've finally moved on!

FireCaptain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l etorque
I was able to use FCA link and I now have a window sticker, I ordered March 2nd. Any ideas on how long it takes to ship after the build is complete?

Rick Gabler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V-6
I’m a newbie when it comes to trucks. Is that a souped up Warlock? Either way, very cool truck!!! Congratulations!!!

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My mistake, someone else was saying that their Ram was in Illinois at the railhead near Chicago.

Hopefully they will soon also receive their factory ordered Ram
That was my truck, it’s been stuck at the railroad yard near Chicago for the last 5 days. ☹️☹️

DJ52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
18 weeks today last tuesday supposedly was in logistics park Chicago I no longer believe anything they say.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
dieseldave you would not believe how much stuff goes to that railroad yard, then unloaded.
The trucking outfits are scheduled by the railroad & most times, the first freight in, is the first out.

But they don't call a car hauler when there are only 2 or 3 vehicles going in the same general direction & the car hauling company would not show up for a partial load.

Now say that your Ram is sitting there for 2 or more weeks, you could go to the dealership & talk to the sales manager about having a Hot Shot company going to the railroad yard & hauling your Ram back to the dealership

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
dieseldave you would not believe how much stuff goes to that railroad yard, then unloaded.
The trucking outfits are scheduled by the railroad & most times, the first freight in, is the first out.

But they don't call a car hauler when there are only 2 or 3 vehicles going in the same general direction & the car hauling company would not show up for a partial load.

Now say that your Ram is sitting there for 2 or more weeks, you could go to the dealership & talk to the sales manager about having a Hot Shot company going to the railroad yard & hauling your Ram back to the dealership
Thanks GT yankee. Your explanation kind of eases the pain. This shipping system really sucks. So with the current COVID-19 affecting the supply shortages, and the microchip shortage , and the dealership having a hard time ordering new trucks , this could really drag on before the truck carrier has enough trucks to be delivered to the Green Bay Area. This is not good

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The freight railroad system is not affected by Covid, microchips, or anything else similar to that. They have schedules that they must meet.

If your Ram is in a railcar, called a Autorack, near Chicago. It has been unloaded or is going to be.
A semi truck will likely haul it the 200 miles up to Green Bay.
Hopefully that trucking outfit does not have a driver shortage due to Covid.