Need help truck keeps ticking!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoneWolf3574

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am not saying this is your solution, I'm just throwing my 2 cents in here. I can't say I remember where I heard this, but older fuel injector systems can have a tick that sound suspiciously like a lifter. Have you put a stethoscope to them and near the lifters?

OP
OP
C

Connor r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes I have but the injectors are good I’ve been doing a lot of research and snooping around with a stethoscope and I believe is have a sort of piston slap so I’m gonna try replace 2 of my pistons because I can really narrow it down to the drivers back 2 pistons

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just my opinion at this point the time and money your putting into this wore out damaged motor. You could of swapped in a good used one 3rd gen hemis are fairly cheap not sure how easy they are to get wehere you are tho you should look around.

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting in that i have a 2007 as well and mine dont tick at all. Never has and the 07 has a older version of the Hemi before the 2009 revisions that seems to have the tick that is normal. So kinda surprised you are having troubles.

kevkev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine was ticking. It was a coil. a bolt was loose.

OP
OP
C

Connor r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
jws is it really that bad to do? I just want no ticking…

OP
OP
C

Connor r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So guys just an update I had piston slap went in there and changed my piston rod rings and all that in the one I thought was bad and it is now 95% gone gotta change another because 6-8 pistons has some play just an fyi