New guy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PeterCiar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just joined the forum thanks. I have a 2018 LARAMIE Limited. Wanted to know if there waa a place where I could monitor ATF temp. And what transmission I have.
Thanks in advance.
Peter

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
The EVIC (dash gauge cluster) displays the vehicle information you’re looking for.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You most likely have a knob to shift gears, the transmission is a ZF 8HP70.
There is no dipstick to check the level, despite Ram saying it's filled for life, it's a good idea to change the fluid at 100K miles.
Like mentioned you can see the transmission temp on your EVIC display, it's normal to run 170°F - 200°F range and upwards to about the coolant temp under heavy load. The thermostat that controls the transmission temperature is built into the TMU and cooler temp ones are not available without a complete custom transmission

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Welcome.... aside from in the EVIC you can customize your speedo area with some items to display (I'm assuming your 2018 Laramie is as good or better than my 2014 Outdoorsman where I can pick 4 things to display). I have outside temp, tranny temp, fuel miles to empty and oil change monitor gauge. If I remember right you just hit one of the arrow buttons on your steering wheel to get in to the menus. Or, check the manual and it should be in there.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum