No electrical power.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PJS95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a 1994 Dodge ram 1500 2wd 5.9. Issue started just a few days ago. Tried starting truck and battery voltage on dash showed almost no voltage at all. I then messed with the battery terminals they had no movement. Jumped back in the truck and it stared no problem. Got a few miles down the rd and all the sudden the radio and lights started fluttering. I was driving thru a fairly nasty rain storm so pulled over and left the truck running. I figured it had some moisture get in the distributor cap because I drove fine after a few minutes rest. I shut it off in the driveway. Checked the battery and it had 12 volts. Tried starting again and the dash says almost no power at all and no start not even a click. Ive replaced the ignition lock cylinder and all the relays in the entire truck. After that I checked my power and ground cables coming from battery and they look great. But still no power to that dash. Has anybody run into this?