No start, no bus. TIPM and BCM replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2013ram15004x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
2013 1500 big horn 4x4 Hemi. Turn Key on acc and dash boots as normal, like nothing is wrong( or it dosnt come on at all like it's dead and guages TWITCH). When I turn to ign on, then everything loses its mind. Shows tire pressure and everything seems normal for a second then everything goes away 1 by 1 and then to black screen showing no bus. Radio works, Wiper stuck on low no matter what, 4x4 showing in neutral, lights are not on and locks work normally. Will not turn over, checked starter manually and it works. Tipm has been sent off to macks and gone through and upgraded but was good. Replaced Bcm due to mechanic saying that's what he thought due to not being able to get into any of the modules associated with it. Replaced with another 251ag module and does exactly the same thing. Couldn't find the upgraded 251ah of course, everyone is out of stock. I've searched and had a mechanic out and no luck. Any ideas on where to look next? I have went through the wiring in footwell and everywhere else I can think of..

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone checked the ignition switch? They fail often would also re check all grounds I am sure you tested battery ect already?

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I'm with jws ground or battery issue makes these trucks go nuts.

NeptuneSpear

Reaction score
Was the BCM programmed properly? Verify your mechanic did the BCM replacement in the RF-hub module.

Chowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had similar problems with my 2011 big horn 1500 I replaced the TIPM and power control module “PCM” at Mack’s Rebuild after I put in a new battery and alternator. You have to go down the line of checking off everything. I wish there Was a good electrical mechanic for me instead of what I went through to fix it all.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Get a new mechanic, the first thing I would have done is got a new battery, if it was newer unit I would investigate the health of it, then I would have replaced win module known as a ignition switch, You can bypass the win module to verify it was broken. With all the money you sunk into it, if the battery is 3 years or older, just replace it.

Coming off a cold michigan winter, your capacity could be toast, cold is great for battery life but it sucks capacity... Hemi's need that 695 CCA+, if it doesnt get it you will have intermittent issues. Next time buy an h8 instead of h7, make sure you can fix the tray so it wil sit. Oddly enough h8's tend to be cheaper and have a larger capacity, might buy you an extra year ot two.
AAAAAAAAAZo%2fAYJGlGddSC4%2fs1600%2fBatteryCapLife.jpg

Last edited:

Chowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I do not have a mechanic. I misspoke. I replaced the battery first and then the alternator because my code reader showed that the alternator wasn’t charging properly. The new alternator showed that it was not charging also. I returned the new alternator and put in another new alternator. That’s when I realized that the TIPM might be bad. I had replaced the TIPM 3 years earlier. There still was problems and I replaced the pcm and that fixed it. I tried to find a good electric mechanic but I couldn’t find anyone who knew more than I do which is disappointing. I have a good friend who was my mechanic but he moved away and works at a Ram dealership. He is my go to guy. Over the phone he helps me.
Thanks for your input and advice. I’m new to this site but now that I’m here I’m getting lots of great advice.