Opinions on this Power Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Would like to see a picture of your arc in the truck also. Is it in the bed or on top of the box?
Sorry all I have on my phone is old files. Nothing with my new wagon hauling an ATV.

B5EC8BD9-73E7-4245-BDAD-D021C3379EE2.jpeg

41672D34-027C-453E-B6D0-D3EC9A50D996.jpeg

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
So u can take the boxes in and out?
Yes. I sold my f150 and Raptor and kept the boxes since they fit anything but the bed is longer on the PW so I sold the cover separately. they are aluminum as is the cover so my boys were carrying the boxes around the yard and making forts, till I reinstalled them.

Last edited:

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I opted of the larger tool box. When I get out of the gym in a few I will take a picture with the front open.
The headache rack, the front tool box and the 2 side boxes are all options. As well as the coating. My last truck had chrome all over it so I did not opt to riño line it. Nor did I opt to coat the boxes.
Don’t judge me for uploading my f150 lol.

View attachment 186544

View attachment 186545

I won't judge for the F150 - my wife drives one and it's a pretty nice little truck.

I WILL judge you for that gawd awful body cladding on the side...

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I won't judge for the F150 - my wife drives one and it's a pretty nice little truck.

I WILL judge you for that gawd awful body cladding on the side...
Aww... I was proud of my Tuscany. Here is an “awful” pic just for you.

267297EB-F523-48A4-94AB-EE89A245A934.jpeg

OP
OP
K

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Or you could expand your options and get a diamond back cover with toolboxes built-in. In any configuration build to suit, plus it holds 1600 pounds on top. You won’t lose bed space going this route.

Just options to consider.

Here’s a fun fact I insure two 2019 power wagons fully loaded. the only option between the two is the toolboxes. It is $20 more per month for the one with the built-in boxes to insure. I’m am the driver listed on both. State Farm insurance.

View attachment 186517

View attachment 186518

View attachment 186519

View attachment 186520

That’s cool, but I still need to have open bed space to transport bigger items, and need to be able to get my golf cart in the bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Agreed!

I told him to pull the trigger last week. We would be on a different thread of his today starting “ I got a PW, now what?
Looking forward to chiming on that one too.

Still trying to get the dealership to sweeten the deal a bit. If it sells then I didn’t need it anyway. I’ve got a pretty nice 14 2500 already

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Aww... I was proud of my Tuscany. Here is an “awful” pic just for you.

View attachment 186553

Yea I gotta agree. All the extras on that thing... body moldings, fender flares, hood, grill, winch bar etc. etc.... it just looks like someone went wild with a jc whitney magazine. A stock f150 looks WAY better in my opinion. But thats whats cool about making a vehicle your own.

My uncle just bought a new Shelby Raptor. He is so proud of it. I told him if someone gave it to me I would sell it and buy two Rams. It just looks like a gaudy ************* to me.

To each their own tho!

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Yea I gotta agree. All the extras on that thing... body moldings, fender flares, hood, grill, winch bar etc. etc.... it just looks like someone went wild with a jc whitney magazine. A stock f150 looks WAY better in my opinion. But thats whats cool about making a vehicle your own.

My uncle just bought a new Shelby Raptor. He is so proud of it. I told him if someone gave it to me I would sell it and buy two Rams. It just looks like a gaudy ************* to me.

To each their own tho!
I thought you would’ve liked all the chrome. Chrome takes you home isn’t that what you say?

the hood was a functioning ram air blowing into my cold intake
The bull bar was to give me something to run my cable through as I had a hidden winch. the flares are similar to the oem ones on the power wagon but painted. The lift was 6” to accommodate the 35.

You will not like my PW then when I finish modding it out. (I will start a build tread soon)

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought you would’ve liked all the chrome. Chrome takes you home isn’t that what you say?

the hood was a functioning ram air blowing into my cold intake
The bull bar was to give me something to run my cable through as I had a hidden winch. the flares are similar to the oem ones on the power wagon but painted. The lift was 6” to accommodate the 35.

You will not like my PW then when I finish modding it out. (I will start a build tread soon)

Yes, chrome does get you home!

Im not saying any of it was pointless. Im just saying when it comes to aesthetics, it looks atrocious... to me.

I will look forward to your build thread man. Seriously. I like autos in general and seeing the way people like to call them their own. I dont brow beat anybody because I dont like their style. I hope you didnt take it that way.

OP
OP
K

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
They called today to see if I was still interested. Told them we were $1k apart and they aren’t budging

Last edited:

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
They called today to see if I was still interested. Told them we were $1k apart and they aren’t budging

Come on king nothing! Your chariot awaits.
Winter is almost here. Think about all the idiots you can be winching out of the ditch soon. :help:

OP
OP
K

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Come on king nothing! Your chariot awaits.
Winter is almost here. Think about all the idiots you can be winching out of the ditch soon. :help:

I’m looking into this 18 in Ohio. A few less miles. No wheels and tires. priced lower than the 16 here locally. Lower interest rate. We’ll see what happens. I don’t know about winching idiots out of ditches. When I was younger I used to ride around during snow storms looking for people to pull out. Now I like to stay in my nice heated truck and think “sucks to be that guy”

https://www.arbogastford.com/used-Dayton-2018-RAM-2500-Power+Wagon-3C6TR5EJ9JG134754

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
The link given didn't work for me, but in any case I would prefer a PW with all of the wheels and tires. It just goes down the road easier with this option in my opinion.

Fixed the link. Obviously it has wheels and tires, just not aftermarket wheels and tires lol

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I’m looking into this 18 in Ohio. A few less miles. No wheels and tires. priced lower than the 16 here locally. Lower interest rate. We’ll see what happens. I don’t know about winching idiots out of ditches. When I was younger I used to ride around during snow storms looking for people to pull out. Now I like to stay in my nice heated truck and think “sucks to be that guy”

https://www.arbogastford.com/used-Dayton-2018-RAM-2500-Power+Wagon-3C6TR5EJ9JG134754

Personally I like this 18 better. Mostly because I don’t like chrome on my Wagons. Chrome has its place and it is not off-road IMO. plus this is a really good deal. Good luck.