Parts are finally showing up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With all the issues I've had with my winch, it is time for a change. Ordered a new WARN 15-S winch, AEV bumper and some light mounts. Now the fun for the install next week - lol.
Up here in the salt belt the way the winch sits stock the "weather cover" for the solenoids is wrong and collects salt, etc. Still not even 100% sure what happened to mine, worked fine one day, and the next nothing (assuming solenoid issue, or one of the MOPAR safety interlocks). Will keep the old winch for something else once we get it fixed - lol.

AEV light mounts.jpgAEV bumper.jpg

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I like AEV, and I’ve used their stuff on others vehicles. It does appear to me from pictures I’ve seen that their front bumper protrudes and reduces approach compared to the stock unit. I believe they designed it that way for compatibility with diesel trucks.

OP
OP
mtu1293

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did our impromptu bumper/winch replacement last weekend - directions were a bit interesting, but all and all fairly straight forward. lol - we stayed within the 8hr install time that the directions said, mainly due to a few steps we jumped on and had to go back and redo somethings. Only issue we ran into was, we could not get the two front center park sensors to fit in the holes with the amount of wiring on the harness.

Since the pic (finished initial installed at 1am), I added my factor 55 hook so I can keep the rope sucked in all the way.

Did have a test last week with new winch. Sold my GMC topkick dump truck that had a center clam. Engine started not running right so had to winch the dump onto a trailer. Actually pulled forward the guys tow rig (1 ton Ram), 25' deck over, and the dump truck as it was going up his ramps all together.

powerwagon bumper 1.jpgpowerwagon bumper 2.jpgpowerwagon bumper 3.jpg

Topkick dump - guessing it was around 14k lbs itself
topkick dump.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat