Post your Front Camera Link

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Any way to use this to install a trailer camera and run it through the 7pin trailer connector? Just purchased a trailer so looking at options for backup cameras. I would definitely like the clean look of using the factory head unit screen.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
the trailer connection isn't an AV connection, so I'd have to think it's not possible.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
the trailer connection isn't an AV connection, so I'd have to think it's not possible.

I know the new trucks have a rear camera connection but I didnt know if that was a separate connection on the trailer or went through the 7pin somehow. I'll just continue to use the buddy method for the time being.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
the 4th gen doesn't have that option. It would be great if it did

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Any way to use this to install a trailer camera and run it through the 7pin trailer connector? Just purchased a trailer so looking at options for backup cameras. I would definitely like the clean look of using the factory head unit screen.

The "Go Around" on our 4th Gens if you have a tailgate camera is to make or have made a T Adapter harness for the tailgate plug. (See pic) 20200214_170236.jpg
Then you'll have the conventional power and RCA plugs for universal cameras.
I bought the T harness adapter from a member here. Give me a minute and I'll find his info and come back to edit it in here. His username is MPGrimm2
Tailgate Lock-Cam Breakout.jpg

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The "Go Around" on our 4th Gens if you have a tailgate camera is to make or have made a T Adapter harness for the tailgate plug. (See pic) View attachment 488683
Then you'll have the conventional power and RCA plugs for universal cameras.
I bought the T harness adapter from a member here. Give me a minute and I'll find his info and come back to edit it in here.
It's possible, but it would be more of a setup like this and you'd need to run your own AV cable, it would be limited to 10ish seconds view time while in motion and requires you to set a few options as well as modify the radio harness...

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
It's possible, but it would be more of a setup like this and you'd need to run your own AV cable, it would be limited to 10ish seconds view time while in motion and requires you to set a few options as well as modify the radio harness...

I did what I explained above. The only wiring I ran was on my 5th wheel trailers. To view it I click camera on the stock radio. My truck is a 2018 Limited so it already has the cameras.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I did what I explained above. The only wiring I ran was on my 5th wheel trailers. To view it I click camera on the stock radio. My truck is a 2018 Limited so it already has the cameras.
So your setup let you install a universal trailer camera and use the two camera settings like this thread setup? Or does it just replace the tailgate camera when connected?

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
So your setup let you install a universal trailer camera and use the two camera settings like this thread setup? Or does it just replace the tailgate camera when connected?
Replaces tailgate camera when hooked up. I can't see anything from the tailgate camera anyways when hooked to a 5th wheel. You still have 2 camera selections on the screen.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Replaces tailgate camera when hooked up. I can't see anything from the tailgate camera anyways when hooked to a 5th wheel. You still have 2 camera selections on the screen.
Do you know if this works on a 1500 as well? That would be perfect to just switch cameras. I dont have the two camera selections enabled since 1500s dont have the cargo camera but wouldnt really need it.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Do you know if this works on a 1500 as well? That would be perfect to just switch cameras. I dont have the two camera selections enabled since 1500s dont have the cargo camera but wouldnt really need it.

I don't "know" but don't see why it wouldn't. Mpgrimm2 might know. His profile page is linked above.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Sorry about that, I didn't mean to reply to you...

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
my 2016 Sport has the cargo camera. I enabled it to get my front camera working using alfa-obd

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
my 2016 Sport has the cargo camera. I enabled it to get my front camera working using alfa-obd
I upgrade to an 8.4 on my 2018 and enabled it with Alfa even without a camera plugged in. The softkey is present when I am ready to get a camera installed.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I know I can enable the cargo camera with Alfa, I was trying to figure out how to feed a trailer camera into the cargo camera screen.