Prices for a 2022?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey seeing trades are still high and I can't get a 2022 under the FCA Fleet First Responder program (at least not yet), what are people paying for their 2022's? All dealers in my area are charging sticker......I think I could get 1800 off is the best I found.

Just curious. Thanks everyone.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Shortage = higher prices.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if you have to ask. its probly out of your league

Coats

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey seeing trades are still high and I can't get a 2022 under the FCA Fleet First Responder program (at least not yet), what are people paying for their 2022's? All dealers in my area are charging sticker......I think I could get 1800 off is the best I found.
Just curious. Thanks everyone.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well I own one so I can obviously afford it. The question I was asking is that has anyone been able to actually get a deal if they ordered one. I understand dealers not willing to give anything a sticker if it’s sitting on their lot because some idiot will come along and pay over msrp.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
well I can get 3200 off on an ordered truck. Debating on it. Trade is awesome right now but a guy has to play the game on what it'll be worth in 4 or 5 months.

RCSB88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I own one so I can obviously afford it. The question I was asking is that has anyone been able to actually get a deal if they ordered one. I understand dealers not willing to give anything a sticker if it’s sitting on their lot because some idiot will come along and pay over msrp.

Where are you located? There are three dealers doing 10-12% off MSRP on ordered trucks.

Michigan BIGHORN

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi (obviously)
I just bought a 2021 Rebel 5 days ago. Paid full sticker price and didn't try to haggle. It was literally the first person to the truck got it, they were lined up to test drive it! No incentives on the Rebel however I did get 15k for my 2011 Bighorn which is more than I paid for it. Basically I spent 60k on a hat and got a free truck!!

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
First point, can you sell you current truck and get by till the new one shows up in 4-6 months. Second, shop around a lot. I just got a 2021 in mid August that I ordered end of March 2021. There was a HUGE difference in the quotes from various dealers. I basically sent the exact build sheet to 7 local dealers, 3 never even responded but then kept emailing and phoning me, told them to take a long walk off a short pier. The others there was a $17,000 spread on EXACTLY the same truck order.

With stuff on the lot, I get them not wanting to dicker because they have no supply; with factory orders, it does not reduce their inventory allocation for the current year, it is a free addition to their allowance and it benefits them in furture years with higher base alotments which are calcualted on total through put of previous years. That is why dealers push so hard for fleet deals. Any dealer that does not compete aggressively for factory orders really doesn't know how to run his business. Smaller independantely owned dealerships, mostly rural, will likely understand this best. Let us know how you make out.

mudrockatc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2022 3500 long bed dually ordered in Laramie trim, most bells and whistles, Dealer only knocked off $1000 from sticker, he did however give me $6k more than I paid for my 2018 Laramie dually three years ago! I guess it's all relative!

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I have a 2022 3500 long bed dually ordered in Laramie trim, most bells and whistles, Dealer only knocked off $1000 from sticker, he did however give me $6k more than I paid for my 2018 Laramie dually three years ago! I guess it's all relative!
I can't say I agree with that UNLESS you get to run your existing truck until the new one shows up. Otherwise he gave you under market on your old one and charged you a lot over market for a factory order on the new one.

HuckleMonster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I shopped around a bunch and best I found was 4% bellow invoice. Had to order it of course and the dealer was in.... Idaho? He was on a TRX forum offering sales there. If you're interested, I'll look it up. Either way, I went with one I found on a lot locally. Had everything I wanted and nothing I didn't (sunroofs, hate those f'n things). I would have had to wait a month or two and with the chip shortage, I couldn't risk it. I use my truck for work and the other one was about to ghost. BTW, paid full boat.

Sorry, to clarify, the one 4% below invoice would have been a 2022, I bought a 2021.

Last edited:

HuckleMonster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
if you have to ask. its probly out of your league
This one is. What's with all the trolls? Such a lame statement BTW. I can afford any truck, car, boat that I desire. I will still always ask what the price is and can I get a better deal. This quote is either for idiots that inherited wealth or losers that think it's cool to waste their money. ****.

RCSB88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I shopped around a bunch and best I found was 4% bellow invoice. Had to order it of course and the dealer was in.... Idaho? He was on a TRX forum offering sales there. If you're interested, I'll look it up. Either way, I went with one I found on a lot locally. Had everything I wanted and nothing I didn't (sunroofs, hate those f'n things). I would have had to wait a month or two and with the chip shortage, I couldn't risk it. I use my truck for work and the other one was about to ghost. BTW, paid full boat.

Sorry, to clarify, the one 4% below invoice would have been a 2022, I bought a 2021.
4% below invoice is great. What dealer? Lithia?

HuckleMonster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
4% below invoice is great. What dealer? Lithia?
Just went through my emails. It was Granger in Iowa (Idaho, iowa... whatever) Looks like he's having another sale right now.. $9k off TRX's. He did the similar offer for me on the PW. Look up that site and he's posting in the "Ram TRX purchasing" sub-forum.