Radio reception problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jetson495

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went to the car wash yesterday and had my truck washed. Before I drove it in, the attendant asked if I wanted him to remove the antenna so I approved it and he unscrewed it and handed it to me. After going through the wash, I reinstalled the antenna and now I'm not getting any reception, HD or otherwise.
I've removed and re-installed the antenna before when I've had it washed with no issues.
Does anyone have any ideas?

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thats weird, i remove it everytime i get it washed and never had an issue.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
That is odd. Maybe try looking through the passenger door jam to see if the antenna wire is still attached? It shouldn't come off from removing the antenna but who knows?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I went to the car wash yesterday and had my truck washed. Before I drove it in, the attendant asked if I wanted him to remove the antenna so I approved it and he unscrewed it and handed it to me. After going through the wash, I reinstalled the antenna and now I'm not getting any reception, HD or otherwise.
I've removed and re-installed the antenna before when I've had it washed with no issues.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing, Jetson495. I know that you are reaching out to fellow forum members on this, however, if you are not able to determine a solution we kindly recommend following up with your local Ram dealer as they are in the best position to provide assistance. Our team is just a PM away if you are in need of any additional support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

OP
OP
Jetson495

Jetson495

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is odd. Maybe try looking through the passenger door jam to see if the antenna wire is still attached? It shouldn't come off from removing the antenna but who knows?
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look tomorrow and see.