Rear metal bracket ....best way to cut it down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lukas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Earlier today I was trying to install pioneer double din (ave-w4400nex) in my 2010 ram 1500 Laramie w/alpine.

At first I had to trim the plastic that holds the stock radio in place since the new unit wasn’t getting pass that. Once the plastic was done I’ve realized that the metal bracket behind the plastic needs to be cut too.

What’s the best way to cut that bracket? It feels pretty solid and there isn’t much room to work. Would a fein saw with the metal blade get it done?

Thanks for any tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PowerWagonAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In the past I've used a hacksaw blade by itself, tapped one side so I wouldn't cut my hand.. worked pretty good. If I recall, took less than a minute to cut through that bracket.

Use a shopvac and have someone suck up the shavings as you do it.

OP
OP
L

lukas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Did you remove it completely or did you cut it just enough to fit the new radio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I used a Dremel and a deburring attachment. I first taped a plastic grocery bag to capture all the shavings then vacuumed it up.

barbosa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used aviation snips. Wasn't a perfectly neat cut but nobody will ever see it, so I didn't really care. Took about 20 seconds.

Ramtruck16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A friend used a cutting torch on his radio bracket... he was lucky it didnt set his truck on fire.. i personnaly would use metal shears, no one will see the jagged cuts anyway..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357