Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KC Cryptkeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New video up!
Inspired by @KC Cryptkeeper
Your video suggestion is going to be 3rd up in this new series I'm starting.
Thank you sir

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Next is a special place in the DIY section to link how to videos for everyone to see. Big Daddy's or anyone else would have a place to show off their talents.

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The timer is just to give the computer's and modules time to power down and reset. Some people have had issues trying to do too much at once or not allowing enough time in between changes. I've never had an issue with allowing about 1 minute in between changes.

Yes everything he has made video's on are available on the 18's. You just need the security bypass cable that @DeereGuy makes

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman
Yep! And the bypass cable is easily searchable in this forum and is also linked in all my YouTube AlfaOBD descriptions.
Happy Modding!

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this isn't Ram related but it is totally AlphaOBD related. Had a question on my YouTube channel. He was asking if AlfaOBD would work on a 2013 Grand Cherokee.
I don't see why It wouldn't work, but does anyone have any experience with a Jeep?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know this isn't Ram related but it is totally AlphaOBD related. Had a question on my YouTube channel. He was asking if AlfaOBD would work on a 2013 Grand Cherokee.
I don't see why It wouldn't work, but does anyone have any experience with a Jeep?

It works on my wife’s 2017 Grand Cherokee so it should work on a 2013...

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, had quite a few people on my channel say they've had some problems trying to get the mileage and hours to change. Some say they have fixed this by only clicking once to the ACC position.
Has this been successful for anyone else?

bdsutto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I have a 2015 single cab, RT, and from what I have read, the auto-up function isn't an option for single cab's. Does anyone know if this is true or not? I was surprised to find that it didn't come with the single cab's, my RT has damn near every option.
Apologies if this has been answered in another thread!

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have a 2015 single cab, RT, and from what I have read, the auto-up function isn't an option for single cab's. Does anyone know if this is true or not? I was surprised to find that it didn't come with the single cab's, my RT has damn near every option.
Apologies if this has been answered in another thread!
I feel like I have read the same thing somewhere. I'm not quite sure.
I think this question is better answered by
@Ricks Ram @Jimmy07 or @circuitguy
If we could ask a minute of their time.
And that is in no particular order Sirs.... [emoji23]

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
@Ricks Ram programed my 17 Ram Regular Cab for Global down a few months back. Works perfect every time! :)

Last edited:

bdsutto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Global down comes standard on my truck. I think the only way to get this on a regular cab is to Frankenstein a switch from an extended cab. My switch doesn't have the extra click on the up stroke.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Global down comes standard on my truck. I think the only way to get this on a regular cab is to Frankenstein a switch from an extended cab. My switch doesn't have the extra click on the up stroke.
A few of us are using the wrong term for two different features. Global up/down is a feature that allows the windows to be rolled down remotely with the fob (up doesn’t work). Window express down and up is what you’re looking to do with the switch. But yes, you’ll need to swap in the switch from a CC/QC and repin the proper connector for the switch. I’m not sure if the door modules are different between a crew cab and a regular cab, so you’d have to check on that. Then, VehicleConfig 3- window express configuration needs to be set to front windows express only (probably already set this way on a regular cab?).

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A few of us are using the wrong term for two different features. Global up/down is a feature that allows the windows to be rolled down remotely with the fob (up doesn’t work). Window express down and up is what you’re looking to do with the switch. But yes, you’ll need to swap in the switch from a CC/QC and repin the proper connector for the switch. I’m not sure if the door modules are different between a crew cab and a regular cab, so you’d have to check on that. Then, VehicleConfig 3- window express configuration needs to be set to front windows express only (probably already set this way on a regular cab?).
Well said sir.