Scheduled Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So tomorrow I am gonna tackle a couple projects. I have a couple ?'s if yall don't mind.

1. Replace the spark plugs.
A. what brand should I go with for replacements?

2. Replace transfer case fluid
A. What brand should I go with for superior performance or should I just stick with OEM?

3. Replace front and rear axle lubricant
A. What brand should I go with for superior performance or should I just stick with OEM?

Of course this is all dependent upon how well the dreaded spark plug change goes as well as how ex$pen$ive all this stuff is going to be.

Also, If money/time/sanity allows, I will also be doing a resonator delete.

Also thinking about changing the o2 sensor to see if that fixes the problem I'm having with poor MPG's and less than stellar power and performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So tomorrow I am gonna tackle a couple projects. I have a couple ?'s if yall don't mind.

I'm doing a bunch of the same things this weekend.

1. Replace the spark plugs.
A. what brand should I go with for replacements?

Mopar SPLZFR5C-11 - I just ordered mine from Moe's:
NGK OEM Spark Plugs for 2009-2013 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi

2. Replace transfer case fluid

I would recommend Amsoil here personally. However, I have the Auto, so I have to go with the Mopar stuff.

3. Replace front and rear axle lubricant

Amsoil Severe Gear, front is 75w-90 and rear 75w-145

Royal Purple, or Mobil 1 are also good formulas for the axles & tcase.

Because I plan on towing A LOT and traveling the country by the end of Dec, I am going Amsoil for my axles and transmission. Since these items have longer service intervals. I normally use it in everything. But since oil changes are more frequent, for me personally I'm going Mobil 1 full sync this time around personally because as I travel it will be more difficult to secure Amsoil. Also decided to use Purolator's new Synthetic Oil Filter which has better media than paper filters. Wix and Mobil 1 are also good stuff.

Good luck.

:favorites13:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ramsfan78

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
***UPDATE****
Changing spark plugs.
Didn't know I knew some of the filth that has been spewing out of my mouth.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Yeah, Im not looking forward to it and I got 50K:puke:

Going to wait tell it cools down, I know it will be a long day.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Its not that bad, come on now, theres alot worse mechanical jobs out there. You just have to be patient and good tempered. Yeah the ones under the brake booster are a ***** but the rest of them are easy and once you figure out the 1"extension flex joint combo the brake booster ones are easy if you are methodical.
Cursing chrysler doesnt get you anywhere haha

OP
OP
Ramsfan78

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I finished it up. I agree the worst ones are the beck two on driver side. My issue was I didn't gave a 1" extension so I bought one. Well, needless to say since it was new it didn't want to come apart from the 2" extension. Basically, for an hour I wrestled with the damn thing to get it out of my engine. Other than that just time consuming. Glad it's done and I didn't have to pay someone to do it. That way I could take my time and do it right.