single exhaust set ups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cody mummert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i am looking to put a muffler and route the single tail pipe pretty close to stock on my 2015 outdoorsman what set ups/tip looks are out there ?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check with SoCal. He has a setup like that
Jay

Narwhal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
subscribing. have a 2018 express with single exit behind the passenger rear tire and want to do something about it.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
tapped in to see what yall talking about.. i have single exit too.. lol

Narwhal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i see some guys have picked up a cutout rear bumper but unless you find a painted one, it's $250-$300 for the bumper, plus whatever to paint it. my truck is a lease and i'm not sure i would go that crazy. i have an express black package and am thinking maybe maintaining the stock location but changing the muffler and putting a black tip on it would suffice. i see MBRP makes a black catback but i've also heard it drones pretty badly.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I cut back my tailpipe close to the resonator (so the flow is directed down and back) and will be changing out the muffler with a Magnaflow at some point. I am not interested in changing out the bumper and don't care to see exhaust tips.

full

Narwhal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just talked to Chris at Mufflex and i might just have them put together a hidden system for me

Cory408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would love for carven to make a single direct fit. Can we talk to them about doing thst

Cory408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We should all write an email to carven so they can start making a direct single in single out for us side exit guys

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Check with SoCal. He has a setup like that
Jay
I went Magnaflow Cat-back, and it absolutely came alive with the ARH LT headers with high flow cats and Y-pipe.

In the process of getting etching primer and black matte and clear coat for it. Dechroming the truck and this is the last item.

katgLbD8QLKW5aEAhIF7vw.jpg

Cory408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would love lt headers but I live in Cali. So you can't do shot here

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I would love lt headers but I live in Cali. So you can't do shot here
I used to live in Carlsbad, so I feel ya. As soon as I moved to Tx, I started modding this truck like it should be.

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2010 TRX had a single exhaust. I had an 18" Magnaflow dumped right over the axle. It sounded mean, and looked clean from the back, as you could not really see the exhaust.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I still have my factory muffler, but had the resonator cut off and a 3" straight pipe with a turndown welded in place, mainly to have something support the tailpipe. I will probably going with a borla Pro XS at some point, possibly by the end of the summer. I like how it is now. Its got a bit more noise, but still quiet in the cab, but I can't leave anything bone stock.

Narwhal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally made it down to Mufflex. Went with the 24" muffler based on a conversation with Denny, the owner. Loud under load, doesn't drone on the highway...I like it a lot. He made me a custom tailpipe that dumps at a level about even with the bumper and sprayed the last 12" of pipe flat black. Looks pretty slick and I'm happy with it.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great and zero drone! This is what I am after.

Mufflex sells Magnaflow mufflers don't they? Is the 24" Magnaflow what they used?

Last edited:
OP
OP
cody mummert

cody mummert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
looks awesome that is the direction im going i might get a nice chrome tip to just peak out a tiny bit

Narwhal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks great and zero drone! This is what I am after.

Mufflex sells Magnaflow mufflers don't they? Is the 24" Magnaflow what they used?

Yeah it was their 24” kit with a custom fabbed tailpipe. This way I can put the stock system back on when the truck goes.

Denny actually took me out in his 5-speed truck (2011?) that had the 18” setup with the factory dual exhaust. Didn’t drone at cruise but was a little louder than I wanted.

He said the single exhaust, all things equal, is a little louder than the dual. Also said because I’d be losing my factory resonator, the 24” would basically sound like his 18” kit or a little quieter and all of that sold me...and it’s true.

Keep in mind if the truck is under load (light to medium acceleration, towing, going uphill) it’s going to drone a little. But at cruising speeds with normal light throttle it’s whisper quiet. It’s actually perfect in my opinion. You could always add an inline resonator as well...or, if you don’t mind modifying your stock tailpipe, just cut it and/or add a different tip