So my stock cam just went.. hello jay greene

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miraj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Short story . I got a stage 2 shipped here to Dubai (cuz why not).. parts just arrived today . So am burning here with expectations not knowing sh*t.

So why not a pic of my truck. Am looking for tips what to do and what not to, after installation .

Bare in mind that this is my 1st ever engine upgrade. Like EVER.5ee1acfd49e1d100fabd3db4c0d52e70.jpg61a57880005ceb6613bc0af9176f49e1.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP
OP
miraj

miraj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Are you going to do the cam swap yourself? Do you have any experience? Your seller should be able to provide you with some support. Short of that the below is a pretty inclusive description of the process of swapping out your cam.
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-to-4th-gen-hemi-cam-installation.82531/
Hopefully it will be of some help to you.
Jay
I had it done in a garage. All the way to tuning. Hopefully all goes well and am good to go.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A new camshaft, especially if you install one with a bit higher lift and a little longer duration, will definitely help the engines performance. You didn't state how much mileage you have on the truck, but let me suggest that if you are replacing the camshaft you also replace the lifters since they will be worn as well, check your pushrods for straightness and length, of course since you have the front of the engine torn down, replace the timing chain and sprockets to complete the package. This is usually the what is done on engines with 80K or better. When I worked for the Chrysler-Plymouth dealership we had a really good package deal for just such an upgrade. In the long run you will be much happier!!

Oh by the way....Great Looking Ram. What's it like tearing through the dunes over there??

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Jay Greene holds the record for fastest NA ram. His tunes and cams are the best.

You forgot to mention Jay holds that record with a 426 cubed 6.4 based engine,lol. It might be naturally aspirated,but it's had a pile of money spent on it,and is a long ways away from being a stock block 5.7 ,lol.

Last edited:

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You forgot to mention Jay holds that record with a 426 cubed 6.4 based engine,lol. It might be naturally aspirated,but it's had a pile of money spent on it,and is a long ways away from being a stock block 5.7 ,lol.
I was referring to one of his customers 5.7 rams he did a tune and cam for. Not a 6.4

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You didn't specify a 4 door Ram,lol. Kyle and Jason both have that beat by a long shot with their RCSB's . You'll also notice Nick set that at -877 ft DA,that helps just a "wee" bit you might say,lol. Nicks truck hauls ass that's for sure though.
I would hope so since they are single cab! Lol!
I’m an off-roader, not a drag stripper, so I know nothing about DA or any of that talk. Haha

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I would hope so since they are single cab! Lol!
I’m an off-roader, not a drag stripper, so I know nothing about DA or any of that talk. Haha

DA is Density Altitude. Even an off road guy should know what density altitude is,lol. What's your toy got for power at the bottem of the mountain,compared to what it has for power at the top of the mountain,is basically density altitude in a nutshell,lol.
-877 ft DA basically means Nick was running at 877ft below sea level,which very few tracks get to. A good day where I am is when the DA is 3500 ft and it's not uncommon for my local track to be at 4400 ft DA or a mile farther in the air from where Nick ran his 12.2.Makes a ****load of difference in what your vehicle will run at the track.The Texas boys in winter enjoy DA numbers the rest of us can only dream about,lol.