Special time with the Ram today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dale197338

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi
Well I did a 40,000 mile service frt diff, rear diff, transfer case and engine oil with filter tire rotation. All looked pretty good. I got this truck used(lease turn-in) last year did do oil changes but was not sure what previous owner did or didn't do. Well someone did the rear diff and that damb rtv bandit struck I've seen worse but come on you don't need a whole tube of that stuff. Anyways she's all good till 80,000 I guess. Not doing the Trans to much involved with those now.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
You can do it, just do one thing at a time, lesser guys then you do it.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Look at the bright side - mine came factory stock with a leaking transmission oil pan. When we changed drivetrain oils this winter, there was little RTV on the pan flange, and completely missing in some areas.

There's other posts on missing factory sealant as well. Seems it's too difficult to dispense sealant at a constant rate in the present era. Anyway, we did it ourselves, and all is well now.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
..........Well someone did the rear diff and that damb rtv bandit struck I've seen worse but come on you don't need a whole tube of that stuff.......

I think the same person at the plant did my rear diff, too. There was at least a 1/4" bead of silicone that had squeezed out to the inside cavity of the diff. Fortunately it didn't come loose.

I could have done 3 or 4 diff covers with the amount that was used on mine.

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Did my oil today too.

The oil filter location leaves me baffled.

Gonna do my diffs and transfer case at 50K as well.
It is a terrible place for the filter. What I do is take a minute made jug (larger ones) and cut it in half. Or a milk jug and cut it open, but leave the handle. Stick it up there, unscrew the filter, and 95% of the oil goes in the jug. All that misses is what runs onto my hand while unscrewing it.

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m so tempted to relocate it with transdapt kit but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I’m so nervous about the additional connections that could possibly leak, or the chance of something hitting one of the lines or filter that I have held off. I always tell myself it’s not that bad, it’s only twice a year, but then when I’m doing it and I’m covered, my driveway is covered and the steering rack and who knows what else is covered in oil, I tell myself this is the last time. And then I do nothing about it. Lol

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
"Special time with the Ram" You DID mean your truck didn't you??? :happy175:

they-go-with-my-horns.jpeg