Started a case with RAM today - lemon law??

Do your heated seats stay on

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I bet if GLucas gets a new truck, his old one will be out in the used lot the next day, and they'll just cross their fingers that the new owner won't notice...

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bet if GLucas gets a new truck, his old one will be out in the used lot the next day, and they'll just cross their fingers that the new owner won't notice...
I'm also willing to bet it would be a very similar situation for me as well. Shady! But, then again maybe not.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Gents, for those members that have clear factory or design defects like this and are lemon qualified in their State. Do we know if the 2018 2500 order desk is still open, in the event FCA wants/needs to replace the vehicle?

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gents, for those members that have clear factory or design defects like this and are lemon qualified in their State. Do we know if the 2018 2500 order desk is still open, in the event FCA wants/needs to replace the vehicle?
I'm not sure on that.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes, HD’s orders are open through October.

Mickey Russell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have 2018 Bighorn and the heated seats work as they are supposed to. I have the premium cloth seats that do not have a cooling option. No modifications have been made to the truck with the exception of a shorty antenna and a line-x bed-liner. Not sure this helps but is a data point if it matters.
b9ee610a49d73d7d9ae7b705d64bcf1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0286.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 2018 Bighorn and the heated seats work as they are supposed to. I have the premium cloth seats that do not have a cooling option. No modifications have been made to the truck with the exception of a shorty antenna and a line-x bed-liner. Not sure this helps but is a data point if it matters.
b9ee610a49d73d7d9ae7b705d64bcf1f.jpg

View attachment 135442
That certainly does help add some data to this file

The truck we tested on my dealers lot was also a big horn. So that kind of rules out only certain models having the issue. I'm going to my dealer tomorrow to see what they have to say.

GLucas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 HEMI
This is great news! Let us know if it stops working.
My dealer tested their inventory and I tested another truck at totally different dealership and found the same anomaly. Only one side or the other functions as expected.

GLucas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 HEMI
As expected the Dealership was unable to make me whole on swapping out my Truck.
They honestly tried. Still about $15k away from were we needed to be.

They referred me to try the FCA Arbitration Board, or outside legal counsel.
The saga continues.

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As expected the Dealership was unable to make me whole on swapping out my Truck.
They honestly tried. Still about $15k away from were we needed to be.

They referred me to try the FCA Arbitration Board, or outside legal counsel.
The saga continues.

I'm going in the morning to see what my dealer has to say. Surprisingly Ram customer service actually called me earlier and asked what the status was with my dealer. I told her I'm going there tomorrow and that she can call me tomorrow afternoon to see what the dealer said.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
This problem is solvable. Their engineers are either blithering idiots and/or they know the real problem and it will not be a quick, cheap or easy fix so they feign indifference and stick their head in the sand and play the long game to wear you down in the hopes you go away.

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This problem is solvable. Their engineers are either blithering idiots and/or they know the real problem and it will not be a quick, cheap or easy fix so they feign indifference and stick their head in the sand and play the long game to wear you down in the hopes you go away.
Jokes on them. I've already got a lawyer ready to fight the lemon law case once I have 3 documented times of them either trying to fix it or refusing to fix it. Either way, this will be solved. I just want a truck that works as promised. If I bought a 15 year old truck, I couldn't complain. But a brand new truck? Unacceptable..

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
well, I'm fixing to head to the dealer to begin this battle. I'll report back with what they say!

Good luck man, I hope they step up and just switch you out, instead of this back and forth game with them trying to play dumb, they friggin know that it doesn’t work but still say is “normal” **** them, get a lawyer and demand a refund or a new truck. Your absolutely 100% right, it is UNACCEPTABLE!

I’m not up to date with dealer rules and regs but wouldn’t the dealer get full credit on a faulty vehicle?

Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good luck man, I hope they step up and just switch you out, instead of this back and forth game with them trying to play dumb, they friggin know that it doesn’t work but still say is “normal” **** them, get a lawyer and demand a refund or a new truck. Your absolutely 100% right, it is UNACCEPTABLE!

I’m not up to date with dealer rules and regs but wouldn’t the dealer get full credit on a faulty vehicle?

Im starting to wonder if its *all* 2018s with the issue, so "swapping out" might not really help (unless they put him in a 19 but I thought OP said they were too far apart on pricing)

I havent seen anyone with 2017 or earlier complain about this....I wonder what changed?

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I'm back. My dealer is pretty much willing to work with me but they want me to basically pursue the lemon law route. The service department gave me another service record (second service attempt) with todays date on it but said there was no point in hooking it up to the computer because it's going to say the same thing that there are no errors. I was told to just come back by Monday and they'll give me the third service record and that will satisfy what is required to begin the lemon law process. My dealer tells me, and you all let me know if this sounds right, that if the case is approved - the FCA will give me a check for the MSRP amount of my current truck and then I must get a similarly priced new truck with the same MSRP, or if there's a difference I either roll it over into the payments or pay the difference up front. I'm going to get a '19 if this all plays out how it seems to be. But, the sales manager told me that I can't get any rebates or anything on the new truck that I must pay full MSRP?? That part doesn't sound right. If FCA buys my current truck back for the MSRP which I obviously don't owe MSRP on the truck - won't I basically just be a new customer coming in for a new vehicle with no trade in or anything?? Anyways, it seems that my dealer really isn't going to try to fix it and they would just rather me lemon law it..which I'm ok with too. My next question would be though - what happens to my brand new tires I just bought for 1200$, my window tint for 200$, side steps 200$, leveling kit 300$?? How does that all work? I submitted the form to FCA a bit ago to begin the process since I'll have the 3rd service attempt record on Monday morning.

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I think if the lemon law case actually goes through and gets approved, that will be the only option is to put me in a new truck for equivalent money.

Im starting to wonder if its *all* 2018s with the issue, so "swapping out" might not really help (unless they put him in a 19 but I thought OP said they were too far apart on pricing)

I havent seen anyone with 2017 or earlier complain about this....I wonder what changed?

Ya, I'll be going into a 19. I don't want to go down lol. I also have not seen any 2017 or lower trucks with the issue. it does seem to only be 2018s but not ALL 2018s. Another member on here said his big horn does not have this issue.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well I'm back. My dealer is pretty much willing to work with me but they want me to basically pursue the lemon law route. The service department gave me another service record (second service attempt) with todays date on it but said there was no point in hooking it up to the computer because it's going to say the same thing that there are no errors. I was told to just come back by Monday and they'll give me the third service record and that will satisfy what is required to begin the lemon law process. My dealer tells me, and you all let me know if this sounds right, that if the case is approved - the FCA will give me a check for the MSRP amount of my current truck and then I must get a similarly priced new truck with the same MSRP, or if there's a difference I either roll it over into the payments or pay the difference up front. I'm going to get a '19 if this all plays out how it seems to be. But, the sales manager told me that I can't get any rebates or anything on the new truck that I must pay full MSRP?? That part doesn't sound right. If FCA buys my current truck back for the MSRP which I obviously don't owe MSRP on the truck - won't I basically just be a new customer coming in for a new vehicle with no trade in or anything?? Anyways, it seems that my dealer really isn't going to try to fix it and they would just rather me lemon law it..which I'm ok with too. My next question would be though - what happens to my brand new tires I just bought for 1200$, my window tint for 200$, side steps 200$, leveling kit 300$?? How does that all work? I submitted the form to FCA a bit ago to begin the process since I'll have the 3rd service attempt record on Monday morning.
Lemon law sounds like a challenge for this, but hopefully it’ll work out for you. The very first statement of Florida lemon law says “covers defects or conditions that SUBSTANTIALY impair the use, value or safety of a new or demonstrator vehicle”.
It also says that AFTER the third repair attempt you must contact the manufacturer (not the dealer) in writing by certified mail and let them know in order to give them one final attempt to fix it.
As far as your tires and mods, take whatever you can with you, and you’ll have to eat the rest.