Steering wheel off center? Can be fixed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trevor1030

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Hi all, new to the forums but was about to place an order for a 2021 2500 Ram, was going to hold out for the allison if they did go that route but ive seen more people who work for ram saying they wont be going with that transmission... but who knows.

Anyways, i am about to place my order, but i watched a video that showed the steering wheel is a bit off center from the dash/screen this is something that would trigger my OCD especially paying around 80k for a new truck (when i sat in one at a dealer i also noticed it) I was told that this feature is for safety and that you can actually have the dealer or you yourself can adjust with 2 screens under the wheel? Apparently it has about an inch of room for both left and ride sides.

Has anyone done this? Is it difficult?

Im hoping i can do this as its the only thing i dislike about the truck!

Thanks in advance! =)

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
Mine was off center from the factory, just adjusted it via the drag link. It is a touchy adjustment, so i kept my wrenches in the truck for a few days to get it just right...centered up perfect now.

OP
OP
T

trevor1030

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Mine was off center from the factory, just adjusted it via the drag link. It is a touchy adjustment, so i kept my wrenches in the truck for a few days to get it just right...centered up perfect now.

Are you referring to when the wheel is straight as in an alignment issue? Or are you referring to the actual wheel itself in the few trucks i have sat in is like maybe a touch or 2 left as in the center of the emblem is to the left of the main screen between the gauges

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
Oh, got ya, yeah I was thinking the wheel was turned a bit, sorry.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you referring to when the wheel is straight as in an alignment issue? Or are you referring to the actual wheel itself in the few trucks i have sat in is like maybe a touch or 2 left as in the center of the emblem is to the left of the main screen between the gauges

He is talking about centering the steering wheel. Which sounds like what you are trying to do.

As he stated, it is adjusted by the drag link under the front of the truck. It does not change the alignment at all, it just adjusts the steering wheel.

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
While the drag link recall doesn't apply to the OP's year, just wondering if blue loktite added to the drag link threads wouldn't be prudent? Thoughts?

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I’ve owned three 2500/3500 series Rams throughout the years and two of them had the same issue. Makes one wonder if the factory quality control guy/gal is high or simply that stupid? And at the dealership when they do their pre-delivery inspection...must be idiots performing that job as any fool could see the steering wheel was off...alignment fine, just needed drag link adjustment.

JayLuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
It's an easy DIY adjustment or take it to the alignment shop