"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good News for 2019-2020 Ram owners. Linkswell is releasing a 12.1" Radio for those new trucks. Attached to this post are a few photos of it, and we haven't installed it in a truck yet, and we plan to begin testing next week, (12/7/20 - 12/11/20), but this unit includes all wires needed for install in ANY trim 2019-20 (and probably 21) ram trucks. MSRP is $1,295.

It's not on our website yet, but I plan to add it to the website in the next week or two. If you placed an order through a Linkswell retailer, they are able to order this new product from us.

Link to more photos:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gjozmdxiq8b1zv3/AAB350jWZpt0J478lHeRec1Ra?dl=0

View attachment 229323

View attachment 229324

View attachment 229325

View attachment 229326
If you start making a 12-in Tesla style radio for the 13-20 classic, I'll be happy to do an unboxing and review, if you send it to me free.... Lol
NO, FOR REAL!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JustLovett0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L 8cyl
If you start making a 12-in Tesla style radio for the 13-20 classic, I'll be happy to do an unboxing and review, if you send it to me free.... Lol
NO, FOR REAL!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Probably won't happen. :/
We actually did make a 12" screen once for the 13-18 (some 19 and 20) Ram trucks, however, like Pheonix and other brands, it replaced the entire dashboard. When you replace the dashboard of a vehicle, you can never paint match or replicate the feel of the original perfectly, and it always comes out bad. That's why we stuck to a 10.4".

Unless you can show a photo of the "Cool new radio" to your Wife to convince her to let you buy a new 19/20 truck, Linkswell probably won't be making a Footlong screen for your vehicle.

Edit: If you @big daddys house or ANYONE else local to Southern California (can drive to Riverside, CA) and wants a free 12" radio in your 2019-2020 new body ram, we DO need a BETA tester! We need to test and develop the system for the Trailer Brake and Air-Ride trucks. If you have a 2019-2020 Ram with AirRide/Trailer Brakes and are local to SoCal, message me!!!

Maxtubbytub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tried gunning this info but haven't seen it yet. Can this control the trailer brake settings on a 2015 ram 3500? I have a tradesman with backup camera. Do I have to buy abutting extra to get GPS?

Ryanhoelzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just an FYI on my Phoenix order. I ordered my unit for a 2012 Ram 1500 with center console on 12/4 and it shipped today, showing delivery date of this Friday, 12/18. I did pay for the expedited shipping but 2 weeks ordered to received isn't bad.

And I'm sure it depends on which model and availability some..

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can anyone recommend a dash cam that you're using with your t-style radio? Thanks!

JustLovett0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L 8cyl
Can anyone recommend a dash cam that you're using with your t-style radio? Thanks!

Any "Android Compatible" Camera will work with these radios. I can't find the one Linkswell sells online anywhere, but it's a bit overpriced anyways. You see them for $40-$60, and most of them out there are decent quality cameras.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I received a dash cam for Christmas, but it doesn't look like I can connect it to my Linkswell radio like I want to.

After I posted here, I found this one: Linkswell DVR Camera – ADC Mobile Any thoughts on this one? My guess is it's overpriced...eBay has the same one from China that works with the ADAS system for $38....but I'd have to wait a month or so to get it.

Thanks!

upload_2020-12-28_10-44-57.png

JustLovett0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L 8cyl
I received a dash cam for Christmas, but it doesn't look like I can connect it to my Linkswell radio like I want to.

After I posted here, I found this one: Linkswell DVR Camera – ADC Mobile Any thoughts on this one? My guess is it's overpriced...eBay has the same one from China that works with the ADAS system for $38....but I'd have to wait a month or so to get it.

Thanks!

View attachment 232066

Yup, that's the overpriced Linkswell camera that we sell. The one you found from China direct for $38(ish) is the same exact model. Get it, and we can get it working with your radio.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup, that's the overpriced Linkswell camera that we sell. The one you found from China direct for $38(ish) is the same exact model. Get it, and we can get it working with your radio.

Great! The one from China appeared to be the exact same one...same pics of it, everything. Before I order it, do you know if it's possible to use two of these in my truck? One for the front and one for the rear? Could the rear cam then be plugged into the "right side" camera connection? How's the resolution with these....at least decent?

Thanks!!

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good News for 2019-2020 Ram owners. Linkswell is releasing a 12.1" Radio for those new trucks. Attached to this post are a few photos of it, and we haven't installed it in a truck yet, and we plan to begin testing next week, (12/7/20 - 12/11/20), but this unit includes all wires needed for install in ANY trim 2019-20 (and probably 21) ram trucks. MSRP is $1,295.

It's not on our website yet, but I plan to add it to the website in the next week or two. If you placed an order through a Linkswell retailer, they are able to order this new product from us.

Link to more photos:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gjozmdxiq8b1zv3/AAB350jWZpt0J478lHeRec1Ra?dl=0

View attachment 229323

View attachment 229324

View attachment 229325

View attachment 229326

4th or 5th gen?

Matthew112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 l
Hello everyone, so I recently installed this device. ( model c8002 7.1 tesla style ) i installed the system and now my 2 front speakers are no longer working. I plugged the factory system in and the speakers work just fine. What am I doing wrong with the android system to cause my speakers to not work?

When I tried to balance my speakers more towards the front nothing happens.. now when I balance the sound to the back.. the rear speakers turn off.. so its reversed.. but why?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello everyone, so I recently installed this device. ( model c8002 7.1 tesla style ) i installed the system and now my 2 front speakers are no longer working. I plugged the factory system in and the speakers work just fine. What am I doing wrong with the android system to cause my speakers to not work?

When I tried to balance my speakers more towards the front nothing happens.. now when I balance the sound to the back.. the rear speakers turn off.. so its reversed.. but why?
Is this installed in a Ram Truck?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk