"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaleSander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haven't seen that before? While you're in there make sure it's securely plugged in. Does it have dipswitches too?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
I didn't see any dip switches.. connections all felt tight. However, I did not open the enclosure to see if there were any on the inside.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I didn't see any dip switches.. connections all felt tight. However, I did not open the enclosure to see if there were any on the inside.
No worries. Just wondering.

DaleSander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No worries. Just wondering.

So, I installed the MCU update, can see the version info has changed. Now temp is only in Celsius even though settings are for Fahrenheit. I did confirm there are no switches on the canbus and all connections are solid.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So, I installed the MCU update, can see the version info has changed. Now temp is only in Celsius even though settings are for Fahrenheit. I did confirm there are no switches on the canbus and all connections are solid.
Can you post a picture of your system info screen again please?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok, everything after E227 on the top line is your current CANBUS module's info. I have never seen it so I can't recommend flashing the CANBUS updates I have as I'm not sure if the hardware is different.

I do have a different version of the MCU file that is a newer version of the one you previously had installed. We can try that too but first I'd like you to go into your console settings (button on top menu bar) and set the unit to Fahrenheit there. There should be another option in the radio settings to set Fahrenheit. It is in the settings menu (without password).

DaleSander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, everything after E227 on the top line is your current CANBUS module's info. I have never seen it so I can't recommend flashing the CANBUS updates I have as I'm not sure if the hardware is different.

I do have a different version of the MCU file that is a newer version of the one you previously had installed. We can try that too but first I'd like you to go into your console settings (button on top menu bar) and set the unit to Fahrenheit there. There should be another option in the radio settings to set Fahrenheit. It is in the settings menu (without password).

I don't have a console settings option that I can find.. there is a settings on the top bar (gear) go there then system settings is the only place I find any setting for temp units.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I don't have a console settings option that I can find.. there is a settings on the top bar (gear) go there then system settings is the only place I find any setting for temp units.
Switch your UI theme to Classic, save and reboot. The button should appear again.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok, I've given you a CANBUS update but I have no idea if it's compatible with that module you have.

It might fix the problem, it might brick your module. It could brick the radio (but I doubt it). Without that module you have no HVAC control so maybe put it at a comfortable setting if you decide to go for it...

Proceed at your own risk but let us know either way!

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
nice radio but you put in your truck a lot of things you will loose so really whats the pro of installing this type of head unit besides it looks cool different from other Rams

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
nice radio but you put in your truck a lot of things you will loose so really whats the pro of installing this type of head unit besides it looks cool different from other Rams
What are you referring to by "a lot of things you will lose"?

DaleSander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We could also try the other MCU file too ...

I'll wait until tomrrow to try the canbus update... lol leaving town later today and dont wanna chance it right now. One thing I noticed after doing the mcu yesterday... my fm radio can't find any radio stations.. prior I was really impressed with the reception. I verified the antenae connection was all good...seemed like an odd issue to have.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'll wait until tomrrow to try the canbus update... lol leaving town later today and dont wanna chance it right now. One thing I noticed after doing the mcu yesterday... my fm radio can't find any radio stations.. prior I was really impressed with the reception. I verified the antenae connection was all good...seemed like an odd issue to have.
Ok...let's try the alternate MCU file first before messing with the CANBUS update. I'll post it to the same folder I made for you and you can try it at your leisure.

Edit: posted, 860C_KWY_E159.zip

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I also neglected to mention remember you pulled it to take pictures of the CANBUS module. The antenna adapter does not hold well, make sure it's still connected properly on both ends.

DaleSander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also neglected to mention remember you pulled it to take pictures of the CANBUS module. The antenna adapter does not hold well, make sure it's still connected properly on both ends.

Yea, I went back in and checked... I'll open it up again this morning.

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I had this exact same problem after I tried a new mcu update . Had to roll back to original to fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk