"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well got answers already! So the two different listings are for whether you are sending your unit to them OR doing it yourself. The one listed as ""2 G RAM 32 G ROM CORE BOARD FOR SELECTED ANDROID 7.1 FAST BOOT VERTICAL SCREEN HEAD UNITS" is for the DIY. Send back your board (they claim no deadline, so I plan to hang onto mine until I'm 100% certain) and you get $70 back, meaning that at the current price of 99.99 the upgrade will cost roughly $30. NOT BAD! They just confirmed as well that you'll need to solder on the wifi, gps, and bluetooth connectors to the new board.

Now, yes it's less memory as my current configuration is 64G vs the 32G but I don't store anything except apps on the unit anyways. I'll be placing the order for the new board tonight and document the swap for everyone here.

If you have purchased from them before check to see if you have any rewards! I was able to save $5, so $94.99 and free shipping. Now I have had ZERO issues with Phoenix, I did have issues however with another seller previous to them but still I will urge you to use paypal as you can always fall back to paypal if there are any issues with them not shipping or anything like that.
Phoenix does seem to be very interested in product support. I'll be following your lead if I can keep root access (maybe even if I can't). I put the question to someone on XDA who knows this radio software and hardware inside out. He's the one who makes the rooted firmware and gave me his blessing to share it so I'm eager to get his take too.

I'll share his thoughts when he gets back to me.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well got answers already! So the two different listings are for whether you are sending your unit to them OR doing it yourself. The one listed as ""2 G RAM 32 G ROM CORE BOARD FOR SELECTED ANDROID 7.1 FAST BOOT VERTICAL SCREEN HEAD UNITS" is for the DIY. Send back your board (they claim no deadline, so I plan to hang onto mine until I'm 100% certain) and you get $70 back, meaning that at the current price of 99.99 the upgrade will cost roughly $30. NOT BAD! They just confirmed as well that you'll need to solder on the wifi, gps, and bluetooth connectors to the new board.

Now, yes it's less memory as my current configuration is 64G vs the 32G but I don't store anything except apps on the unit anyways. I'll be placing the order for the new board tonight and document the swap for everyone here.

If you have purchased from them before check to see if you have any rewards! I was able to save $5, so $94.99 and free shipping. Now I have had ZERO issues with Phoenix, I did have issues however with another seller previous to them but still I will urge you to use paypal as you can always fall back to paypal if there are any issues with them not shipping or anything like that.
So, the unit I have is from ESPONY Cargo originally. I think this upgrade will still work for me though...thoughts?

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, the unit I have is from ESPONY Cargo originally. I think this upgrade will still work for me though...thoughts?

I bought mine from an eBay seller from China.
I'm pretty sure hardware is the same....

I've ordered an upgrade kit, time will tell..... [emoji16]

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I bought mine from an eBay seller from China.
I'm pretty sure hardware is the same....

I've ordered an upgrade kit, time will tell..... [emoji16]

Sent you a PM on your other question.

When it arrives, can you take pictures of the board itself? I'm told by a member on XDA the following...

"Remember MCU chip is located on android board, and MCU is factory-dependent. New MCU is coming with android board. So the only way it would work is when your old unit (big board) and new board were manufactured by the same factory. Otherwise new android board would either fail to recognize FM and BT modules or they'd work incorrectly."

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
For those of you who have flashed the rooted firmware, you will lose root after this 7.1 upgrade if you perform it and will be using a different firmware base in the future.

I'm going to look into how far along gaining root is on the 7.1 FAST BOOT versions on 4PDA. I'm told pre-root is achieved thus far.

Hterra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMG_0443.jpg Hello guys, I bought this same radio for my gran Cherokee and having issues where the AC don't work correctly showing weird temp numbers and heated vented seats don't work ,I have tried both Daqie hi and low which is supposed to be grand Cherokee but no luck the whole unit is so laggy is ridiculous i haven't even tried Bluetooth but videos from YouTube will skip and freeze so often..... seller is clueless and unable to help.
sitkneelbend can you please tell me if my firmware is outdated and if so where can I get a newer one , am attaching pic of my version I would really appreciate any advise thanks guys

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
View attachment 148843 Hello guys, I bought this same radio for my gran Cherokee and having issues where the AC don't work correctly showing weird temp numbers and heated vented seats don't work ,I have tried both Daqie hi and low which is supposed to be grand Cherokee but no luck the whole unit is so laggy is ridiculous i haven't even tried Bluetooth but videos from YouTube will skip and freeze so often..... seller is clueless and unable to help.
sitkneelbend can you please tell me if my firmware is outdated and if so where can I get a newer one , am attaching pic of my version I would really appreciate any advise thanks guys

Yes, it is outdated. Where did you purchase it from?

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It's hard to say, yes it SHOULD work as logic would dictate but hopefully I'll be able to give you some better info once the new board shows up. I did originally open the unit when I first go it and took a look inside, I don't remember seeing multiple boards but I could be wrong.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It's hard to say, yes it SHOULD work as logic would dictate but hopefully I'll be able to give you some better info once the new board shows up. I did originally open the unit when I first go it and took a look inside, I don't remember seeing multiple boards but I could be wrong.
Too late, I already ordered mine!

Use code COMEBACK5 for $5 off...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
some Chinese seller(Luckychina) on amazon
Well, it looks like you have a fast boot version, but all the software modules look strange (unbranded). You could try to install Phoenix Android's 7.1 fast boot firmware and it "should" work but I can't guarantee that it will.

Hterra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, it looks like you have a fast boot version, but all the software modules look strange (unbranded). You could try to install Phoenix Android's 7.1 fast boot firmware and it "should" work but I can't guarantee that it will.

Can you please share this firmware

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Can you please share this firmware
I don't have a 7.1 (yet) so I don't have the firmware on hand, but I can look for and/or download it tomorrow. If you go to their Facebook page they often include download links for their firmware if you don't want to wait. They also sometimes post links in their YouTube descriptions too.

Be sure to copy your customer.xml file as stated in an earlier post.

Hterra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't have a 7.1 (yet) so I don't have the firmware on hand, but I can look for and/or download it tomorrow. If you go to their Facebook page they often include download links for their firmware if you don't want to wait. They also sometimes post links in their YouTube descriptions too.

Be sure to copy your customer.xml file as stated in an earlier post.

I'll take a look
You're very much appreciated!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'll take a look
You're very much appreciated!
No problem. In your case you want to back up your original customer.xml file but you probably won't use it. If it's what I suspect it is, your radio doesn't have the proper customer file with you vehicle model configurations.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/10gonhrqy...T2ll8wZ3AsfgezjKj6NlbBxKezvLiCRPukWcqZJpCgnTI

Here is their link to the latest 7.1 firmware. You'll need to rename their "px3.img" file to "update.img" in order for the radio to recognize it.

This file is for 7.1, 10.4", fast boot Tesla Style Radios only...flash at your own risk!

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Noticed today that heated and ventilated seats aren't working since I updated the can bus module.

Switch lights up for a second then goes out.

Will try settings tomorrow....

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
To anyone flashing the CANBUS update...DO NOT flash it if your Auto Headlights were ALWAYS working. The update was for people like me who installed the radio and there auto headlight was constantly on while set to auto regardless of the time of day.

I'm trying to get a hold of the original CANBUS update from Phoenix now. I'll post it when available.

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My auto headlights were always on when auto selected before the update.
Now they work properly.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My auto headlights were always on when auto selected before the update.
Now they work properly.

Interesting... someone has a similar problem to you. What radio did your truck come with from the factory?

chille37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am the one with the similar problem. My auto lights were also always on prior to the update. Now the auto lights feature never turns on and the heated seats and steering wheel do not work.