"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's great! I wish I could have got my PX6 from Phoenix to boot up correctly. The problem I had was Phoenix was so slow to respond, that my initial 30 day period to return it would be up before they resolved anything. I just couldn't see keeping it past 30 days, knowing it had problems and not feeling confident in Phoenix would find a fix for it.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I officially feel confident in saying the PX6 boot issue is resolved following this last fw update.

Have not had any issue with boot up since install.

Unit is working perfectly now. No issues at all with mine now.

Want to sell it? Lol

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't.….my Phoenix radio is going back. You were right, first mention of PayPal and Phoenix somehow had a shipping label for me. My Linkswell unit should be here on Friday. So I can remove this one and install a new one at the same time. Fingers crossed it just boots up normally.

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Haven't been on here in quite some time and my units been working reliably for quite some time now (knock on everything made out of wood). Just wanted to pop in and am super happy to see @SitKneelBend still helping everyone out!

Neil Derryberry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm seriously considering one of these.. but not if I'm going to have to mess with it on a frequent basis. I see the benefit of the PX6 model for the extra processing power. I guess I've got a few general questions.. 1, is Phoenix as awful to deal with as I'm reading or have a small handful of folks had very bad luck? 2 - is the PX6 with integrated CarPlay ready for prime time?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm seriously considering one of these.. but not if I'm going to have to mess with it on a frequent basis. I see the benefit of the PX6 model for the extra processing power. I guess I've got a few general questions.. 1, is Phoenix as awful to deal with as I'm reading or have a small handful of folks had very bad luck? 2 - is the PX6 with integrated CarPlay ready for prime time?

Save yourself some agony and spend a bit extra and go with someone other then Phoenix . They are horrible and I can’t say that enough .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Yes they are that bad to deal with.

Carsoll appears to be a good seller so far. They appear to go the extra mile when it comes to fixing issues too. It's important to note my opinion of Carsoll is based on one review though.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Locky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Hey guys my father recently got this Radio and pressed something he wasn't supposed to and now all the buttons are inverted. If you try to select something on the top menu it will reflect the click at the bottom. If you try to select something on the right it will choose left. Any ideas what this might be? Already wiped the radio to factory settings but nothing really changed. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you in advance.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey guys my father recently got this Radio and pressed something he wasn't supposed to and now all the buttons are inverted. If you try to select something on the top menu it will reflect the click at the bottom. If you try to select something on the right it will choose left. Any ideas what this might be? Already wiped the radio to factory settings but nothing really changed. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you in advance.
See here...

https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/2146192

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That did the trick. Thank you for the info man!
No problem. Those two settings I mentioned in that post are ones no one should ever have to touch unless they are doing some serious (physical) modifications to the radio. They can be a real pain to set back again (especially if you did both at once like I did)...

SteveLabus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes they are that bad to deal with.

Carsoll appears to be a good seller so far. They appear to go the extra mile when it comes to fixing issues too. It's important to note my opinion of Carsoll is based on one review though.

As a matter of opinion. It's a good one. Lol

I just received another out of the blue email today from them. Just asking how the unit is behaving and if I need any further assistance.

I didn't even contact them. They took the initiative to make sure I am happy with the product.

If you only buy these units for the customer service... Carsoll has no competition in that area. Simply fantastic.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Linkswell Gen II radio got here today. It came packaged better than what I rec'd from Phoenix....it was double boxed. Glad to see there's an external mic too. I'll take the Phoenix radio out and install this one tomorrow. Hoping it boots up correctly! We'll see....

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Linkswell Gen II radio got here today. It came packaged better than what I rec'd from Phoenix....it was double boxed. Glad to see there's an external mic too. I'll take the Phoenix radio out and install this one tomorrow. Hoping it boots up correctly! We'll see....

Dang I might have to sell mine and get one of these new ones, I would love to have working system.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dang I might have to sell mine and get one of these new ones, I would love to have working system.

I just want a working system too! Linkswell radios aren't the newest software....they're running Android 4.4.4 with a PX3 processor. But, if it works without problems, I'll be happy. And, didn't have good luck with the built-in mic's on the PX6 units... It worked fine for Android Auto voice commands....but no one could hear me on my cell phone.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe Android Auto voice commands worked because they were going through my phone... not sure?