"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy Petersen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have installed my PX6 linkswell head unit and everything seems to work great. Only small issue I have is the reverse camera maintained the factory set of backup lines and now the new stereo also overlapped those with a new set. They both move a bit different when the steering wheel is turned. Any ideas on how to remove be set of lines ?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have installed my PX6 linkswell head unit and everything seems to work great. Only small issue I have is the reverse camera maintained the factory set of backup lines and now the new stereo also overlapped those with a new set. They both move a bit different when the steering wheel is turned. Any ideas on how to remove be set of lines ?
There should be a setting to turn off the radio's gridlines. If you can't find it I'll see if I can dig up a picture.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Bruno rubio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Most likely you can remove the factory or the new ones. I did that on mine, it only shows the factory now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruno rubio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So today I came across of a Facebook group that provides a custom firmware for the Tesla units. It is a dream and I love it so far. Many different options to customize and over 30 different themes to choose from. No more ugly stock version. Can remove the top and bottom bars, set the unit to how you like it.

View attachment 194814

View attachment 194815
what's the name of the group?

dstafursky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Edit: I found out about APKs.....Can anyone tell me why Netflix and Disney+ do not show up in the Google Play Store on the Tesla head unit?

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Can anyone tell me why Netflix and Disney+ do not show up in the Google Play Store on the Tesla head unit?
They control which devices they will allow their apps to be used on. Sometimes it hardware based, sometimes software based (such as Android version).

You "may" be able to get around it by screen mirroring from your phone but this activity is sometimes also blocked by the apps themselves.

Sdpadrez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

gtluck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
One more question...Did anyone with a PX6 have problem with the audible backup alert? I read on one of the sellers page that you would lose audible alert. I can’t remember which seller it was.
I have a PX6 and cannot get the audible backup alert to work. I have a Phoenix Automotive unit.

Jeremy Petersen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine Fades fine also did you double check your wiring?

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Any suggestions on this, i am unable to fade from front to back on my new PX6. Is this not controlled by the main harness? how could wiring be an issue on my end? I hope i am wrong. everything else works great other than that.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Any suggestions on this, i am unable to fade from front to back on my new PX6. Is this not controlled by the main harness? how could wiring be an issue on my end? I hope i am wrong. everything else works great other than that.
There are settings that should fix this. I don't know all of the menus for a PX6 because they changed. You can start by finding what vehicle type your radio has set (and post what year/trim truck you have) as well as what factory radio was originally installed...

dstafursky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
They control which devices they will allow their apps to be used on. Sometimes it hardware based, sometimes software based (such as Android version).

You "may" be able to get around it by screen mirroring from your phone but this activity is sometimes also blocked by the apps themselves.

I got them to work via APK files.

Jeremy Petersen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are settings that should fix this. I don't know all of the menus for a PX6 because they changed. You can start by finding what vehicle type your radio has set (and post what year/trim truck you have) as well as what factory radio was originally installed...

Hi thanks,

This is on my 2017 1500 sport. It had the factory 8.4 touchscreen with GPS and the Alpine system with factory amp and subwoofer.

dstafursky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
My question for now is....I had dual climate control when I had the OEM controls. With the T-head unit I see the dual button and display but does not work separately. Does anyone know of a setting or fix for this?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi thanks,

This is on my 2017 1500 sport. It had the factory 8.4 touchscreen with GPS and the Alpine system with factory amp and subwoofer.
It's possible they added Alpine specific settings but first see below...
My question for now is....I had dual climate control when I had the OEM controls. With the T-head unit I see the dual button and display but does not work separately. Does anyone know of a setting or fix for this?
Both of you should try changing your vehicle type to Ram Hi or Ram Top (they may have changed the names with the PX6). That may be all you need to fix your issues. Those settings are basically their versions of our trim levels and the factory options to program the radio for.

It may that you use the pinhole reset button to take effect but at the very least you must restart the radio.