The 6.4 HD Hemi Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knotts89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The funny thing is twilliams and loveracing1988 are only 2 mpg difference lol

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've decided that I really enjoy driving with the truck in tow mode. Coming from sports cars I really like how it shifts better and Rev matches slowing down. Plus I hate MDS. EVIC says about 11 either way anyway.

borninblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Is it safe to always drive in tow/haul mode if you're not towing anything?

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Is it safe to always drive in tow/haul mode if you're not towing anything?

As far as I can tell it just changes the shift points, won't go into 6th or kick on MDS and downshifts slowing down.

Jaxyaks

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It's actually better for the tranny if your in town doing a lot of stop and go, especially the old 2nd gen rams. This 6.4 doesn't seem to want to rush into overdrive as much as some of the others I have had

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Well, after what seems like forever, and chasing my tail debating what to do, I have finally busted a move and ordered a 2015 2500 Tradesman, 4x4, CC, SB, 6.4 Hemi, 4.10. Now, more waiting...

Jaxyaks

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Congrats! Anybody check and see what replacement tires are for these beast..yikes..I checked a couple of days ago for the 20's and got sticker shock..went right out and found a good deal on a set of take offs Laramie wheels and new tires identical to mine..first time I ever bought a set of tires that far in advance. If anyone wants a set of 20's around Atlanta let me know, I have no use for the wheels.

I was actually looking for a set of 17's or 18's when I found them. I thought it might be nice to have a set of 17's with mud tires.

It's probably been answered but since all they will give us is one big thread.. What's the biggest tire that will go on stock. I actually like taller skinnier than most kind of expedition style. These trucks are so big the 285's are skinny on em..lol

We need a 6.4 forum to separate out questions etc

hotrodbob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I have had my truck for about 8 months. Here is some of my thought on the truck.

It is Western Brown,BigHorn,4x4,6.4,3:73,back up camera and sensors,heated seats and steering wheel, adjustable pedals.

The fit and finish is to me a lot better than any of my Fords. The seats are really comfortable. My wife even feels they are better than her 300S seats.

Now for the power and the mileage. To me good for what I use it for the it get's good mileage for that size truck. I have only towed with it once and it did OK for the size trailer I pulled. 9,550 lbs. with a lot of head wind.

Just getting use to the MDS system.
Ride is very comfortable. We like taking it more than the 300S.

The only issue so fare is the black strips on my door post come lose and the dealer just took them off and there was the factory paint so we just had them clean and wax them. Looks a lot better to me.

I do miss the torque of a diesel but not the cost of it. No more than we tow and this is my daily driver some times. I try and ride my HD when I can.:)

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I took the blackout tape off my doors the second day I had the truck. I agree it looks way better without it.

Jaxyaks

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Would anybody join a 6.4 forum? I read every post on this thread and the issue of needing a separate section comes up many time and has been denied, I've seen things close on other forums but it's still hard to find info

ammo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Would anybody join a 6.4 forum? I read every post on this thread and the issue of needing a separate section comes up many time and has been denied, I've seen things close on other forums but it's still hard to find info
I would.