What a POS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So dropped the ram off today at the dealer for a tick and some other small stuff which is fine no issue. But......... they gave me a jeep renegade as a loaner. All I can say is this thing is the biggest **** I've ever seen. It's about as comfy and luxurious as a 92 cavalier, the air feels like a small desk fan at best, I'm only 6ft and I feel like I'm driving a go kart because my knees are jammed into the dash. And to make it worse it's not even a fun go kart because it feels like it has 7 mouse power. All jokes aside I wouldn't pay 5k for this thing new. Clearly they designed and approved this thing on 4/20 because they had to have been high to think this was desirable enough to build. I enjoyed driving my 99 saturn with no ac more than this thing and I drove that car on 100+ days in bumper to bumper traffic. Not sure if the renegade screams hipster or ****** more or both but it truly is that bad. Sorry to anyone that owns one of these things no trying to start a arguement just had to get that off my chest lol.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
lol. having owned a 92 jeep yj many many moons ago, i know exactly why i bought it. all those pictures i've seen of girls in jeeps, girls driving jeeps. a good looking girl in a tank top, cutoffs and baseball cap with a pony tail driving a jeep gets the juices flowing.

sadly, it got me an expensive divorce. lol

fraleywp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I ride in a friend's all the time and I completely disagree. It is very nice for what it cost and I have never seen his AC not keep up. As someone who has ridden in all versions of the Cavalier, the Renegade is light years better in every way. Is it the right vehicle for me, no. But that doesn't mean it is a POS.

My friend has the Altitude version but there isn't much difference between the latitude and altitude really. Also, he loves it and that is all that matters in the end.

Sent from my Z2_PRO using Tapatalk

phantomfixer

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My wife is on her second Kia Soul.Both have been trouble free

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i know a few people who've had them. no complaints that i've heard.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
The Renegade is made in Italy in the Fiat plant ... I put it in the same class as the POS Kia Soul rat toaster on wheels

My missus has a 2012 Kia Soul (Alien Green, like someone pictured)... she loves the thing for some odd reason. I can say that the Soul does run better than what OP has described, has endured two accidents, 60k miles thus far, and it still runs like a champ...

My first love was a Jeep. Owned three of them over a lifetime. Drove them into the dirt (the last one I finally junked once it became apparent that the years of salt infiltration in (I know) Salt Lake City had rendered the frame unsafe.)

Oh, yes - they all ride rough - a '92 Cavalier ride would be pure luxury by comparison. A/C in a Jeep? Umm (*giggle*) okay. Sorry dude, Jeeps with A/C aren't Jeeps. Now the fan speed/force is disturbing... the old-school YJ and CJ Jeeps has heaters that could melt lead within 2 minutes of engine start.

What kind of motor did it have? 4-bangers were always way underpowered IMHO (mine had a v8 AMC 304, a 4.2L I6, and a 4.0L HO I6)...

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My missus has a 2012 Kia Soul (Alien Green, like someone pictured)... she loves the thing for some odd reason. I can say that the Soul does run better than what OP has described, has endured two accidents, 60k miles thus far, and it still runs like a champ...

My first love was a Jeep. Owned three of them over a lifetime. Drove them into the dirt (the last one I finally junked once it became apparent that the years of salt infiltration in (I know) Salt Lake City had rendered the frame unsafe.)

Oh, yes - they all ride rough - a '92 Cavalier ride would be pure luxury by comparison. A/C in a Jeep? Umm (*giggle*) okay. Sorry dude, Jeeps with A/C aren't Jeeps. Now the fan speed/force is disturbing... the old-school YJ and CJ Jeeps has heaters that could melt lead within 2 minutes of engine start.

What kind of motor did it have? 4-bangers were always way underpowered IMHO (mine had a v8 AMC 304, a 4.2L I6, and a 4.0L HO I6)...
This is the renegade which is the one about the size of a shoe box I'm sure it's a 4cyl

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
those who brave enough to buy a Soul in the first place, seem to love them. Too metrosexual for me.
We had one for several years. Actually wish we’d have kept it. Amazing gas and for its size it was roomy inside. Lots of head room. I miss that stupid thing sometimes. But I hated crawling out of it just like any other car

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Two of the cars in my stable are a 2008 Grand Cherokee and a 2012 Jeep Liberty. Both have been well behaved. I personally would not want either as a daily driver for myself, but the family members that drive them have no objections.

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
Say what you want, but I had a 2016 Renegade Batmobile model that I drove to work 200 miles round trip every day and all I did was change the oil. 65000 trouble free miles.
Totally dorky and totally a chicks car but it was great on gas and comfy.
Easy to park too. Just a great commuter car. And, 25k fully loaded out the door. Had every option aside from leather. I drove that thing hard.
Only got rid of it because I put 60k on it in less than 2 years and I was getting nervous my luck would run out. I did absolutely nothing to it but change the oil and put gas in it. And, the new owners have put 20k on it so far and did nothing but brakes and tires.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
This is the renegade which is the one about the size of a shoe box I'm sure it's a 4cyl

The only engine option for the Renegade is the 2.4L 4 banger, same as the Compass. First vehicle to get a V6 option is the next size up, the Cherokee.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
If they put a v6 Penta with the 8HP in and offered for free... Maybe.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
professionalish