What actually causes hemi tick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 30Km on my 2017 Outdoorsman...Live in B.C. Canada...outside temp this morning -28 c.
Change oil every 4000Km have notice just after startup beginning to hear tick...running non synthetic as I wanted proper break in and ring sealing...now time to change oil...but to what?
How many miles you at now? I usu. wait till 10K miles to switch to synthetic personally. I guess depending on how close you live to the Arctic Circle( it seems like half the Canadians on here live in Yellowknife where its cold AF) probably Redline 0W20,5W20 or 0W30. I run 5W30 year round but it never gets below 20* here, hell its 63* right now. I'm currently running Quaker State Ultimate Durability 5W30 in my truck and its been great for 1K miles so far. On the other hand I put the same oil in a used challenger I bought 3 weeks ago and it didn't have quite the impact I was hoping for. I have 7 qts of Redline 5W30 sitting on the workbench in the garage waiting to go in the Challenger as soon as I can get around to it. I know for a fact that it will make it quiet.

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Which one is it?? With 23 noises under your hood it will be hard to figure out sometimes but sooner or later something will happen or break. LOL