what STATION YOU GETTING YOUR GASOLINE FROM (top tier or no)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats my assumption. I would think if it's just the twin cities area the person would have said that in the email. The email also states kwik trip/kwik star. There aren't any kwik stars around the twin cities that I'm aware more of an Iowa thing iirc so another point for them all not being top tier. Even if they have the stickers on the pump who's to say you're actually getting top tier gas? Joe Blow at the register isnt going to know a darn thing. Thanks to @HEMIMANN for inquiring about it. I won't be filling up my truck there any more.

Unless I missed it I don't see Kwik Trip on top tiers website any more.
The Top Tier gas station finder still lists the Kwik Trips around me in Madison, so I'm not sure. I'll swing by tomorrow and see about labels.

Costco is on there, along with Mobil and a few Shells, but no BP.

Squirrel1270

Air Force Retired
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
LMAO, I used to gas up on McGoo (McGuire) when stationed there. But now since they R all a joint base, who knows what is there. My brother works on Lakehurst as I am a "Shore" kid, but not been back to that area by Post/Base in eons, and not back in NJ since 18. Just too far to travel normally, LOL.
I work at Lakehurst as well. Amoco actually got the contract for the base gas station now. To be honest, I can’t wait until I can see NJ in my rear view mirror for the last time.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
The Top Tier gas station finder still lists the Kwik Trips around me in Madison, so I'm not sure. I'll swing by tomorrow and see about labels.

Yep - I just wrote Top Tier and told them to get their $hit together as Kwik Trip hasn't had Top Tier gasoline in over a year and no plan to, yet is still on the authorized list.

Then I copied Kwik Trip's letter to me over to Top Tier.

No one's competent anymore. Hence our Forum. Aggravating.

Who the hell knows how many more aren't getting Top Tier additive that are still listed? Around here we have Shell, which removed their Top Tier stickers last year.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

It lists the kwik trips in the twin cities as top tier so I wonder how often they update their site.

USA18

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Anniversary Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 (392)
Costco and if I'm not close to one when traveling, I'll search for another Top Tier station.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Remember Top Tier membership requires labeling the pumps.

Unknown if or how well this requirement is enforced, but this all started for me when Kwik Trip removed their Top Tier labels from their pumps about this time of year, yet they were still on the Top Tier list.

BP quit Top Tier some years back, no longer have labeled pumps, and no longer on Top Tier list.

This whole program is falling apart thanks to pandemic just-in-time supply system debacle. Thanks, USA executives!

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Yeah but if they're not Top Tier labeled, you'd benefit adding your own maintaining PEA @ app. 1 ounce per 10 gallons gasoline.

Chevron & Red Line recommend adding prior to fuel for best mixing.
Just spreading the new gospel here...

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yep - I just wrote Top Tier and told them to get their $hit together as Kwik Trip hasn't had Top Tier gasoline in over a year and no plan to, yet is still on the authorized list.

Then I copied Kwik Trip's letter to me over to Top Tier.

No one's competent anymore. Hence our Forum. Aggravating.

Who the hell knows how many more aren't getting Top Tier additive that are still listed? Around here we have Shell, which removed their Top Tier stickers last year.
Are the Top Tier additives available at all times ? I’ve been using a redline fuel cleaner twice a year to keep things clean.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Are the Top Tier additives available at all times ? I’ve been using a redline fuel cleaner twice a year to keep things clean.

I don't know. My paranoia is growing seeing as what happened with Royal Purple Oil Filter mysterious disappearance and Red Line 0W-30 disappearance. And just look at how screwed up Southwest Airlines is.

My guess is however many manufacturers of PEA there are have issues with base ingredients availability, so are allocating to their own gas stations (Chevron for Techron, Phillips 66 for Red Line), letting whatever is left over for others. Kwik Trip has only been around 50 years, so they aren't a legacy oil company and get screwed.

JJEH

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
what is you favorite gas station,
No second chance for a first impression. I want wide open lanes and a clean appearance on the exterior, period. Otherwise I won't stop. I couldn't care less about the franchise since I always use 89 gas. One of the best stations I used in OK was a privately held one. I don't remember who supplied them with their fuel, but it's the same sauce the others are getting. So don't let a "no name" station discourage you from stopping. Locally I use the Exxon around the corner, but when traveling I first and foremost want a nice station, no ghetto backstreet gangster HQ.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Case 'o PEA scheduled delivery tomorrow so I can start fixing executive screwups. Again.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Remember Top Tier membership requires labeling the pumps.

Unknown if or how well this requirement is enforced, but this all started for me when Kwik Trip removed their Top Tier labels from their pumps about this time of year, yet they were still on the Top Tier list.

BP quit Top Tier some years back, no longer have labeled pumps, and no longer on Top Tier list.

This whole program is falling apart thanks to pandemic just-in-time supply system debacle. Thanks, USA executives!

Its sad to hear that Costco, QT, KT no longer have TT gas, when I left IA 4 years ago they all had it, the wife and I have bought a lot of gas from those stations over the years..

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I don't know if COSTCO doesn't have it. I'm not going to park a half mile from their pumps to look. Their lot is always overcrowded here.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Additives are put into the gasoline AT the terminals at the concentration and type called for by the brand they are loading for.
Yep. A friends son drives for an independent and that's exactly what happens at the Rochester, NY terminal.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 82424 miles

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe the original question was, "what do you use."

Frankly, everything I've used seems to have equal drivability and performance. No issues.

I was buying 87 gas at the local DeltaSonic car wash because it was the cheapest around. Then I started to feel a less than perfectly smooth idle. After running 4-5 tanks of Sunoco 87 the smooth idle returned. Can't say the DeltaSonic stuff gave me worse gas mileage or drivability issues, but the Sunoco has been smooth since, even though it cost me .15 - .20 cents more per gallon.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 82424 miles

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
So, I take Ma's car out for errands, as she's near 1/4 tank gas. My route just so happens to take me past one of the 3 Shell stations in my suburban area of 500,000 people.

I chuck in the right amount of Techron for scrubbing, having no idea when the last time we had Top Tier Gasoline up here.

As gas is filling, I look all around the gas pump island, and way up in the upper left hand corner of pump island (above my head where nobody looks) I see this:
20221229_155847.jpg

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I don't know if COSTCO doesn't have it. I'm not going to park a half mile from their pumps to look. Their lot is always overcrowded here.
Here we just look up the price on line so that we know how much lower the price is at Costco compared to other local Stations who have TT gas, today's price here is $4.42 :eek: an last week my cousin said gas was $2.44 down in Mason City IA, wish it was that cheap here....