Wheel spacers???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yellow dog 55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Looking for experience or opinions on wheel spacers. My truck looks like a fat girl in high heels when you look at it from the front or rear. Was hoping to get a little wider stance. Even a half inch out on each side would make a world of difference. I’d love to go more but since this is my daily driver I don’t want to cause issues down the road. I put up to 400 miles a week on her. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

OP
OP
Yellow dog 55

Yellow dog 55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I won’t go cheap for sure. Can I get away with 1/2” with factory studs or will I have to go bigger? My other question is if They will cause any problems down the road

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
I ran bora 1.75 for about 6 months. Never had an issue. Having spacers always weighed on my mind. So I ended up getting a wider wheel with a lower offset. Just something about that what If factor always got to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I won’t go cheap for sure. Can I get away with 1/2” with factory studs or will I have to go bigger? My other question is if They will cause any problems down the road

No, you wont be able to go 1/2". I think the minimum is 1 1/2". I would get Bora's 1.75" or 2" spacers.

I had their 2" spacers on my last truck.

OP
OP
Yellow dog 55

Yellow dog 55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I ran bora 1.75 for about 6 months. Never had an issue. Having spacers always weighed on my mind. So I ended up getting a wider wheel with a lower offset. Just something about that what If factor always got to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, same thing here. What if. I wonder if something like 3/8” would make a visual difference and be a little safer than say 1.75”

OP
OP
Yellow dog 55

Yellow dog 55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No, you wont be able to go 1/2". I think the minimum is 1 1/2". I would get Bora's 1.75" or 2" spacers.

I had their 2" spacers on my last truck.

1.5” would look good, anyone put 50+k miles on a set a spacers like that?

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
1.5” would look good, anyone put 50+k miles on a set a spacers like that?

I did on my 2" Bora spacers with my 3rd Gen, before I traded in that truck for my 4th Gen.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
You can get some looks with spacers at customwheeloffset.com. BORA is the way to go. If you buy the BORAs from customwheeloffset, a rep will call you and ask for dimensions and characteristics of your wheels. It is up to you however to ensure they will fit (hence the gallery at the website!).

Good luck, and post some pics when you are done.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO

DVC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I measured my rear studs at 1.59" so you'll need either 1.75" spacers to keep the wheels flush - or, if your wheels have pockets between to mounting holes that could accommodate the end of the studs poking through the spacers a bit, you might be able to get away with a thinner set. Or you could trim the ends of the studs a bit.

Not sure about the front studs.

I'm currently running 1/4" flat spacers in the rear, and they take up almost the entire hub centering lip...no vibe though.

OP
OP
Yellow dog 55

Yellow dog 55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I measured my rear studs at 1.59" so you'll need either 1.75" spacers to keep the wheels flush - or, if your wheels have pockets between to mounting holes that could accommodate the end of the studs poking through the spacers a bit, you might be able to get away with a thinner set. Or you could trim the ends of the studs a bit.

I'm currently running 1/4" flat spacers in the rear, and they take up almost the entire hub centering lip...no vibe though.
Do the 1/4” make any visual difference?

OP
OP
Yellow dog 55

Yellow dog 55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My biggest concern is obviously safely and Not wearing other things out super fast.

OP
OP
Yellow dog 55

Yellow dog 55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

I’d be running stock 20” aluminum wheels.

DVC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do the 1/4” make any visual difference?
The amount of change is of course very small, but you can definitely tell the difference. But if you're looking for a more dramatic offset change without the possible need to trim studs, the I'd say go with 1.75" BORA spacers to be safe.