When Battery is Disconnected, What Happens to UConnect Presets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
I have a 2018 Big Horn with 8.4 UConnect system. What happens to the electronic presets--radio stations, equalizer settings, heated seat settings, phonebook contacts, horn beeps upon locking doors, lights off delays, etc.--when the battery is disconnected?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2018 Big Horn with 8.4 UConnect system. What happens to the electronic presets--radio stations, equalizer settings, heated seat settings, phonebook contacts, horn beeps upon locking doors, lights off delays, etc.--when the battery is disconnected?
Customer settings stay, Bluetooth pairings stay, AM/FM presets stay, EQ goes flat, time resets...I don't know other than that.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
That's about what happened yesterday when I got my battery replaced. I also lost my phonebook contact list.

On the drive home from the dealer I noticed my radio was set to 87.7 FM. I figured my presets had been erased so I went to music on my USB stick. I noticed my clock setting was incorrect. Then I received a text from my wife. Up popped the notification along with the option to "Listen". When I tried to respond to the text but I got the message "No contacts in your phone book." Now I'm thinking I've got to redo all my presets, go into the UConnect settings and tweak all the control settings, etc.

But when I got home I discovered I still had my radio presets, my other UConnect settings were intact, but yes, the equalizer was flat. Now I'm wondering if the fact that all my presets were still operational, maybe the battery was never replaced? Maybe they simply charged it and never disconnected it?

I know, I know, go take a look at the battery and see for myself. Well, it's -12 degrees outside right now, so no.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That's about what happened yesterday when I got my battery replaced. I also lost my phonebook contact list.

On the drive home from the dealer I noticed my radio was set to 87.7 FM. I figured my presets had been erased so I went to music on my USB stick. I noticed my clock setting was incorrect. Then I received a text from my wife. Up popped the notification along with the option to "Listen". When I tried to respond to the text but I got the message "No contacts in your phone book." Now I'm thinking I've got to redo all my presets, go into the UConnect settings and tweak all the control settings, etc.

But when I got home I discovered I still had my radio presets, my other UConnect settings were intact, but yes, the equalizer was flat. Now I'm wondering if the fact that all my presets were still operational, maybe the battery was never replaced? Maybe they simply charged it and never disconnected it?

I know, I know, go take a look at the battery and see for myself. Well, it's -12 degrees outside right now, so no.
All of those symptoms would indicate the battery was actually replaced. The contacts should come back on their own with some time.

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
All of those symptoms would indicate the battery was actually replaced. The contacts should come back on their own with some time.

Turns out I had a setting on my phone's bluetooth for "contact sharing" set to 'off'. Once I changed that to 'on', my Uconnect phonebook repopulated.

PrdCdn

TEAM RAMROD
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L ECO Diesel
They do come back... it is a weird thing. I too removed the negative and after re attaching it - my backup camera was gone. No app, no nothing. Everything was almost factory. Parked it - came back later and everything was back to normal. I dunno, its weird to say the least.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I didn't know, so I hooked up a Battery Tender to the truck when I changed batteries. But it fell off during the swapping. I didn't notice any loss of info on my UConnect 8.4. 2017 model year.