When I HAD warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bartski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello, when I had warranty I suspected broken exhaust manifold bolts, mechanic at the time said it was lifters, now that my warranty is up I have broken exhaust manifold bolts, anyone try their luck with fca to get this fixed at their expense?
2017 Ram 1500 Laramie
Thanks

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exhaust manifold is an “easy fix” if you are mechanically inclined or have mechanically inclined friends that like beer. Lol. I swapped in headers on my truck solo. Thankfully no broken bolts but I have a small welder handy for projects so it would have been an easy fix.

OP
OP
B

Bartski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Long tube or shorty and why?
I'm considering long tube but don't want the raspy sound.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The raspy sound comes more from muffler choice than header choice. I have long tube headers and a borla s type catback on my truck. I opted for the high flow catted y pipe with the arh 1-3/4 headers. Price wise shorties are a lot cheaper as you keep stock y pipe. I don’t think you need a tune to run shorties either. If you are tuned then I would go with long tubes and have the tune updated for them. I have heard that shorties are slightly harder to install
https://youtu.be/Yh2siXxqR80?si=mpAJyKAgMhw5MuhC

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Crazykidd is correct, Shorties, are slightly more difficult to install than the regular cast iron manifolds as they are a bit bigger. Take of the wheel, drop out the inner fenders and its accessible. The driver side is more difficult than passenger due to dip stick and steering shaft.

Take your time and it's doable. Extracting the broken bolts are more difficult than installing shorties.