When Starting Intermitting noise ,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup I get a noise like that but also a popping or banging sound sometimes as well they might be more from the exhaust system Chrysler star saying it’s characteristics of the 2019 1500 ram that’s what they’re telling me at this time and they said other people having the same issues seems like whenever there is a glitch with the ram Chrysler star is saying it’s normal or its characteristics instead of solving the problem , i’ve never had a vehicle that has made so much noise as this ram 1500 I have owned many different vehicles over the years none of them have made these bang , clanking and Popping sound The engine itself sometimes sounds like a diesel it’s a 5.7 hemi ,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah take a look around the forums for people taking trucks in for service and getting the "that's normal" routine. There's an awful lot of unusual normal things these trucks do apparently. So basically it appears that they don't know what's going on, nor do they want to or deal with the problem at all so they make that classic excuse, oh that's normal, they all do that!

There's times I'm in the 4th gen area on here and see people talking about how they were told something was normal, and I start to get concerned cause my truck all of the sudden appears to be pretty irregular without these normal things occurring.

daberk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I also get a small clunk sound very occasionally on start up. Seems to be coming from around the middle underside of the truck. I had it in for a recall last week and mentioned it to them. Of course they could not duplicate it. It does not seem to have an effect on anything though so I'm not overly concerned about it right now.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
MY latest testing is I have not been able reproduce it once I turned off the auto parking brake function. I used to have my system automatically enable the parking brake and it is now turned off and I have not heard the noise yet. This would make me think that there maybe with the drive shaft binding like earlier mentioned.

BSVmopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I get a bang also on start sometimes. Never know when it will do it but sounds like a bad starter or the exhaust banging. Have not looked into it yet and no sense mentioning to dealer as all they ever say is we could not duplicate. (like the growling/droning from the ANC). I guess we only see these problems and they hope the warranty runs out ASAP. It's normal is not a answer and remember 99% of salesman are liars and the other 1% is in training.

D Rogers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have heard this noise myself, from day one.Im at 8,000 miles it's intermittent for sure .Im not going to worry about it The truck seems perfectly fine , every truck I've owned had some weird noises.I think we are all ok with this particular noise.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
is this sound only on 2019? not reading about it on earlier models, so I wonder if it might have something to do with the e-torque system?

OP
OP
Kona

Kona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
is this sound only on 2019? not reading about it on earlier models, so I wonder if it might have something to do with the e-torque system?

It’s not the e - torque system I don’t get that option with my ram 2019 1500

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk