Who needs a 8ft bed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
With the 5-7" bed it absolutely is

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dont have a tool box. Atv pretty much fills an 8' box along with generator, fuel cans, and leveling blocks.

Yeah you would need a 8ft bed for that lol. It sucks most toy hauler trailers are built like **** compared to the rest.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
So I kinda wish I had the 6-4 bed. Tool storage is really becoming an issue for me and I don't wanna spend the money for a decked system.....ugh

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are many drawbacks to toy haulers. They wouldn't work for what I do.

I agree if you use it for other stuff besides going riding they're worthless.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have 6'4" and its stuffed pretty often. I could use an 8', but that's an aweful long daily driver. Nice rack! Also nice to say that without getting a dirty look.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I have 6'4" and its stuffed pretty often. I could use an 8', but that's an aweful long daily driver. Nice rack! Also nice to say that without getting a dirty look.
That's why I wanted the crew/5-7 combo. But the more tools I need to carry, plus off road gear the less room I find I actually have

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That's why I wanted the crew/5-7 combo. But the more tools I need to carry, plus off road gear the less room I find I actually have

When I bought my crew I hunted for a 6'4" because my quad had that size and I knew losing the 8" would be a problem.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
When I bought my crew I hunted for a 6'4" because my quad had that size and I knew losing the 8" would be a problem.
It really is. I'm looking at making my own decked system this summer. Feasibly my only real option

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Yeah when I worked construction I always had **** hanging out lol. Never enough room even with a 8ft bed sometimes. Thanks I love this rack set up. The rear just sits in the rear pockets and bolts to the bed. Very easy to remove which is nice. My next truck will be a 3500 diesel but that's years down the road.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah when I worked construction I always had **** hanging out lol. Never enough room even with a 8ft bed sometimes. Thanks I love this rack set up. The rear just sits in the rear pockets and bolts to the bed. Very easy to remove which is nice. My next truck will be a 3500 diesel but that's years down the road.
I have an amp research xl bed extender and it comes in handy at times giving me nearly 8'. For now my 3500 days are over for my personal truck.

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an amp research xl bed extender and it comes in handy at times giving me nearly 8'. For now my 3500 days are over for my personal truck.

I thought about a bed extender but still haven't got one. I have a issue of not having length to haul long items. Used to haul sheet metal roofing trim all the time and everything is 10ft long lol. I always just red flagged it and away I go lol. I am looking at a 3500 more for the towing my buddy Just sold his boat I'll be in the market in a few years.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Can you throw up a pic of this extender? I've been looking at a few and am not keen on the photos I've seen.