Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are manufacturers still putting chrome on trucks?

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Rusty Shackleford, Dec 4, 2020.

Do you like trucks with chrome?

1. I love chrome on trucks

52.5%
  2. I can't stand chrome on trucks

20.9%
  3. I dont care either way

26.6%
Sponsored By: BAK Factory Outlet
  1. Randy Grant

Randy Grant Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Somewhere in between. On my Limited I painted the tailgate ram's head body color, and added reflective white(matches the Ivory Pearl) overlays on the hood emblems and in the Limited side molding letters. Also did a gloss black overlay on the grill RAM. the overlays let a perimeter of chrome show and I like that this leaves the truck with a smaller amount of chrome accents.

2. ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Nah. Just enough to be spotted from space if the vehicle needed to be located. Justin Bieber your friend... ? lol

3. canadiankodiak700

canadiankodiak700 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.7L Pentastar
    See, perfect example of different tastes. I hate chrome..... So much that I plan to eleminate it on the trim around steering wheel buttons.
    Not bashing your truck at all, but if you posted that pic and asked for advice on what to change (like so many people do on here).... My first response wood be blank rims and color match the rest of that chrome. Lol
    Like you said, everyone has different taste.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

4. Purplert

Purplert Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Offer both and continue to make sales. Some like chrome some hate it, some like the blackout look so continue to offer that as a package. Oh wait so basically continue doing what at least Rams been doing. I know even GM jumped on that with their Denali line offering less chrome w/ their sport trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. bigred90gt

bigred90gt Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Yes, 100% this. I want the damn raised white letter tires.

6. tidefan1967

tidefan1967 Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I love chrome especially on certain colors like white. I personally don't want my ride to look like my work truck and those chrome strips down the side help protect my truck from door dings too!

7. Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    HEMI 5.7
    I don’t mind chrome bumpers and that’s where I stop liking it. Some people go ham with it tho and have chrome pillars, chrome trim around the fenders, chrome trim on the edges of the doors etc.... that’s a little much lol. I think the new Chevy trucks are beautiful and especially the 2” lift ones! I find the chrome is significantly less across all trucks but ram still has a lot of trucks with chrome bumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobSacomano likes this.
  8. Wild one

Wild one Senior Member

Ram Year:
    14 Sport
    Engine:
    Speaking of that,i ran into a loaded up black Laramie Limited yesterday that had chrome taillight guards /vent visors /pillar trim /wheels/door guards etc.,waited around for a bit for the owner to come back to it,as i kind of wanted to see what age group he would of been in,i'm guessing a bit older,but the truck actually looked good,as it was differant then all the other trucks running around.I'm not a fan of black vehicles,but this one i kind of liked,i don't normally walk around a truck in a parking lot,unless i think it's attractive,and this one ,i walked around a couple times looking it over.If it'd been murdered out,it wouldn't even of garnered a passing glance from me,especially being black,lol

Mike Flea and tidefan1967 like this.
  9. Richg87

Richg87 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2019 Warlock
    Engine:
    V6 Pentastar
    I love chrome on older muscle cars - vettes, camaro's, mustangs, etc. On trucks, I like a little chrome. I prefer the blacked out look which is why I bought the Warlock.

SOKY_RAM and Trailmaker like this.
  10. HitchHiker

HitchHiker Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I didn’t mind the chrome on my 2012 Laramie but I prefer the color matching. One of the reasons I went with my Tungsten edition 2018 RAM was the color matched bumpers along with the unique opaque chrome inserts on the truck. I also like the color matched running boards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk