Wiring chart for Media Hub adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bradm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
I put a 2019 classic 8.4 radio plus Compass Media hub and adapter cable in my old 2017 1500. After the center console to jump seat conversion, I hated the usb plug being in the jump seat when flipped up. I cut up the hub adapter cable and hard wired it into the radio harness in the dash and moved the hub and port into the lower dash beside the drawer. I've since traded in that truck for a 2017 3500 with a jump seat. I want to do the same to this one. I cut the hub-end of the harness out of the old truck, but no longer have the end of the adapter harness that plugs into the jump seat OE plug. I'm trying to figure out the pin-out of the adapter cable so i can trace lines back up into the dash and set this up again in the 3500.
Does anyone have one of these adapter cables sitting around that could trace wires for me?

Thanks in advance,
Brad

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I put a 2019 classic 8.4 radio plus Compass Media hub and adapter cable in my old 2017 1500. After the center console to jump seat conversion, I hated the usb plug being in the jump seat when flipped up. I cut up the hub adapter cable and hard wired it into the radio harness in the dash and moved the hub and port into the lower dash beside the drawer. I've since traded in that truck for a 2017 3500 with a jump seat. I want to do the same to this one. I cut the hub-end of the harness out of the old truck, but no longer have the end of the adapter harness that plugs into the jump seat OE plug. I'm trying to figure out the pin-out of the adapter cable so i can trace lines back up into the dash and set this up again in the 3500.
Does anyone have one of these adapter cables sitting around that could trace wires for me?

Thanks in advance,
Brad
This site has all the color codes and connectors you need.

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I would be interested to know if you be able to do provide additional info.. I

Thanks in advance,
Brad
Would love to see this once complete with steps. I'm in the same boat and would love to move my HUB out of the center console.

OP
OP
B

Bradm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
I would be interested to know if you be able to do provide additional info.. I

Would love to see this once complete with steps. I'm in the same boat and would love to move my HUB out of the center console.
Here you go: