14 express premium cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bpd138

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello,
Here's the update on my cluster upgrade.
My gauge cluster got to Dominic on Wednesday and was on it's way back Thursday morning. It arrived Saturday. I had him program 75 miles more that my vehicle's current mileage. So today I hit the programmed mileage and swapped it out. The neighbors must have been wondering what I was doing driving up and down the street a dozen times as I tried to get the mileage exact. LOL
The swap went smoothly, actually it was very easy. I've got to say, for the money and ease of installation this has to be the best upgrade you can do to your truck. The new display is simply amazing and has a lot of customizable information. I paid $175.00 which included shipping, for the Premium Gauge Cluster. $27.00 to ship it to Dominic and $150.00 for the programming. So all told I'm into it for $352.00. I think that's pretty good
Everything works, all menus function and there were no fault codes.
I've attached pictures of some of the menus but all menus and setting options work.

20171212_135349.jpg 20171212_135352.jpg 20171212_135355.jpg 20171212_135403.jpg

tunder-raptor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L
so i know that this has probably been asked a ton but i cant find a actual answer so hopeyou guys/girls can help me will a 2013 Premium 7" cluster work for a 2015 tradesman

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
so i know that this has probably been asked a ton but i cant find a actual answer so hopeyou guys/girls can help me will a 2013 Premium 7" cluster work for a 2015 tradesman
The answer is "maybe" with the major question being TPMS info displaying correctly.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you change more settings with this? Like the settings available only in the radio?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
question, so I bought a 7" evic and was wondering if I get the factory remote start installed before i put it in will there be an issue? Just wondering cause I dont want it to conflict and would it be better to swap it before I take it to the dealer to get them to program the remote start. Any one have factory remote start and then swap out the cluster? thanks.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
question, so I bought a 7" evic and was wondering if I get the factory remote start installed before i put it in will there be an issue? Just wondering cause I dont want it to conflict and would it be better to swap it before I take it to the dealer to get them to program the remote start. Any one have factory remote start and then swap out the cluster? thanks.
It should have zero effect.

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It should have zero effect.

ok thanks, I was gonna upgrade to a factory trailer brake also, that shouldnt cause an issue if i did it before install of new cluster either right?

these were my two worries, if i installed the remote start and trailer brake if they wouldnt work with the new cluster. Thought maybe the evic needed programming for the trailer brake. hoping it doesnt. thanks again

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
ok thanks, I was gonna upgrade to a factory trailer brake also, that shouldnt cause an issue if i did it before install of new cluster either right?

these were my two worries, if i installed the remote start and trailer brake if they wouldnt work with the new cluster. Thought maybe the evic needed programming for the trailer brake. hoping it doesnt. thanks again
The EVIC won't need programming itself but the truck may need to have certain dealer codes added for the trailer brake.

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The EVIC won't need programming itself but the truck may need to have certain dealer codes added for the trailer brake.

yeah i though it had to be programmed, just wanted to make sure the cluster didnt need an upgrade at the same time to make it show up on the evic.

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Asked this in my introduction but thought it might be best to bring it here. I have been looking for and have found a few 7"clusters on carparts and a couple other places. What I am having trouble with is knowing which one/trim level to purchase. Laramie, Longhorn, Limited, Rebel and so on...is there any difference between them or are they all pretty much the same. I have been sticking my search to '15-'17.

This may have been asked before and sorry if it has been answered a few times already.

silver surfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the differences are the cosmetics such as inside trim ring colors (silver or gold), background coloring, etc. The rebel has a lot of red in it from what I remember. Try google searching the clusters for pictures. I put a Limited cluster in my 2015 Express 2 years ago. Looks a lot like the picture from Guido2112. Best upgrade to date.

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the differences are the cosmetics such as inside trim ring colors (silver or gold), background coloring, etc. The rebel has a lot of red in it from what I remember. Try google searching the clusters for pictures. I put a Limited cluster in my 2015 Express 2 years ago. Looks a lot like the picture from Guido2112. Best upgrade to date.
Thanks for the info! Eyeballing a 2017 Bighorn right now that has roughly 3,000 more miles. Just wasn't sure. As soon as I hear back from them I'll probably jump on it.

Edit: So basically functionality is the same, just the trim ring colors. Thanks

Guido2112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info! Eyeballing a 2017 Bighorn right now that has roughly 3,000 more miles. Just wasn't sure. As soon as I hear back from them I'll probably jump on it.

Edit: So basically functionality is the same, just the trim ring colors. Thanks

If you don't mind me asking...what are they asking for price on the cluster?

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you don't mind me asking...what are they asking for price on the cluster?
Don't mind at all. $200 and I assume plus shipping.

Forgot to ask, does it matter whether or not it is from a 4wd/2wd or 6cyl/8cyl?