2014 RAM 1500 Express Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the same note i hit some freaking nasty potholes today on the same place and i messed up my alignment. I'll valve the front CO's a bit heavy when that time comes. Granted this freaking potholes were not exactly normal and i was being a bit silly so i was literally steering driver with the rear going passenger hahaha. The hit was so damn big i felt the driver CO bottom out and i can see the effects on a shim i have at the bottom of the bumpstop, Just a little tickle for 2.5 shocks but ******** it one big hit was enough to get the steering crooked and i think the driver tire is toe-in compared to the passenger side.
I made the appointment with Firestone to fix it, Lifetime aligment will come handy with this truck :)
I also went one full turn higher as well on the CO's since i'll have it aligned and the front sagged a little after the rock sliders.

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
On the same note i hit some freaking nasty potholes today on the same place and i messed up my alignment. I'll valve the front CO's a bit heavy when that time comes. Granted this freaking potholes were not exactly normal and i was being a bit silly so i was literally steering driver with the rear going passenger hahaha. The hit was so damn big i felt the driver CO bottom out and i can see the effects on a shim i have at the bottom of the bumpstop, Just a little tickle for 2.5 shocks but ******** it one big hit was enough to get the steering crooked and i think the driver tire is toe-in compared to the passenger side.
I made the appointment with Firestone to fix it, Lifetime aligment will come handy with this truck :)
I also went one full turn higher as well on the CO's since i'll have it aligned and the front sagged a little after the rock sliders.
Sounds like you hit pretty good! I know that washer under the bump you are taking about, my driver side one is currently taco’d and looks more like a “U” from hitting a washout going way to fast when I first put the Kings on. I can see new shim stacks in your near future. 65$ or so from king

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I tested them today and i think i'll leave them like they're for now though the news blankets will be coming in tomorrow or Monday. Way better than what i had before.

46586396815_e004023156_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

33624987618_5600de7cc6_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr
Sometimes I forget that my phone sucks, I'm on my tablet and I can see clearer and they do look like they should be good, plus its V1, we're never really happy till like V3.5 lol.

Something is better than nothing, mine are excessive, but so is the mud here.

How did those kings come valved, sounds like they gotta be buttery soft on all but the biggest hits.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully I won’t have to spend more than $40 on this flaps.
The OEM Kings are valved ok for most of the normal stuff, fast hoops , ruts etc, but desert shape terrain is different than man made sharp deep potholes and they’re valved a little soft for those. I’ll go heavier next time around (I need to talk to King and see what they’ll recommend, maybe heavier valving on the top) especially considering we have no spot in the front lcas to mount hydraulic bump stops.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Hopefully I won’t have to spend more than $40 on this flaps.
The OEM Kings are valved ok for most of the normal stuff, fast hoops , ruts etc, but desert shape terrain is different than man made sharp deep potholes and they’re valved a little soft for those. I’ll go heavier next time around especially considering we have no spot in the front lcas to mount hydraulic bump stops.
Oh yea, you can't really prepare for full 12" tall, square edged hit at speed, aka a pot hole. I need a dash camera, you'd vomit if you saw what they have been doin to our local highway. I don't mind, I pretend it's baja, but you know it's bad when the cars lining the highway with flats and broken wheels is in the dozens.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yea, you can't really prepare for full 12" tall, square edged hit at speed, aka a pot hole. I need a dash camera, you'd vomit if you saw what they have been doin to our local highway. I don't mind, I pretend it's baja, but you know it's bad when the cars lining the highway with flats and broken wheels is in the dozens.

I think the wind helps a lot to round up those edges in the desert, washed out ruts can be harsh but at least you tend to follow their flow to a point, this suckers looked like moon craters, and what got me was that some had rounded edges while others had the sharp ones, oh well I’ll know better next time. I’m at the firestone getting the alignment done.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I think the wind helps a lot to round up those edges in the desert, washed out ruts can be harsh but at least you tend to follow their flow to a point, this suckers looked like moon craters, and what got me was that some had rounded edges while others had the sharp ones, oh well I’ll know better next time. I’m at the firestone getting the alignment done.
First name basis with the techs yet?

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And they got her done, nothing broke or bent pheeew :)
They wanted $179 for the job and and i told them i had the lifetime aligment deal so they looked it up in the computer and sure enough, it didn't cost me a dime today.

Look at the driver toe before, lol
40542655173_b31ac3bdf8_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
And they got her done, nothing broke or bent pheeew :)
They wanted $179 for the job and and i told them i had the lifetime aligment deal so they looked it up in the computer and sure enough, it didn't cost me a dime today.

Look at the driver toe before, lol
40542655173_b31ac3bdf8_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr
Why'd they pull so much caster out of your driver front? Thought you were trying to keep it up closer to 5*

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why'd they pull so much caster out of your driver front? Thought you were trying to keep it up closer to 5*

I don't know why it seems complicated for Firestone to keep my caster up with negative camber. My local repair shop can do it everytime but at Firestone everytime i asked for 5 caster with negative camber i get exactly this, 3.9* on the driver side with 4.5* on the passenger like a clock :) I understand the front bolts on the lower give us camber while the rear ones give us caster, so maybe is a pain in the butt to do ? the guy took his time and that's the best he could do today. I checked for rubbing when turning and it's ok, this is the closest the tire will come to the seam, partial driver turn, if i go all the the way driver there is a ton of clearance.

One finger on the driver side
46784863184_ea2f19df12_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

And about 2 on the passenger.
46784862534_f1fcb90a83_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I don't know why it seems complicated for Firestone to keep my caster up with negative camber. My local repair shop can do it everytime but at Firestone everytime i asked for 5 caster with negative camber i get exactly this, 3.9* on the driver side with 4.5* on the passenger like a clock :) I understand the front bolts on the lower give us camber while the rear ones give us caster, so maybe is a pain in the butt to do ? the guy took his time and that's the best he could do today. I checked for rubbing when turning and it's ok, this is the closest the tire will come to the seam, partial driver turn, if i go all the the way driver there is a ton of clearance.

One finger on the driver side
46784863184_ea2f19df12_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

And about 2 on the passenger.
46784862534_f1fcb90a83_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr
Guess that's the free guarantee! Still better than it was. Heat them liners up and mush em back! Voilaaaa. I'm sitting about 3.5-4* castor, had no issues and truck handles great, melted and pushed liners back to ensure no rubbing and im not mussing with it anymore.

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guess that's the free guarantee! Still better than it was. Heat them liners up and mush em back! Voilaaaa. I'm sitting about 3.5-4* castor, had no issues and truck handles great, melted and pushed liners back to ensure no rubbing and im not mussing with it anymore.

Right now nothing is touching but in case they did i'll torch them fackers :)
on the bumper note, the Tacomapro guy hasn't contacted me yet so i was looking at Americatrucks and saw the new Barricade bumper, seems smaller than the other suckers, so i like that, and at least it comes with a skid plate, price looks attractive, ******** it....

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Right now nothing is touching but in case they did i'll torch them fackers :)
on the bumper note, the Tacomapro guy hasn't contacted me yet so i was looking at Americatrucks and saw the new Barricade bumper, seems smaller than the other suckers, so i like that, and at least it comes with a skid plate, price looks attractive, ******** it....
Who's this Tacoma pro guy?! And I'm waiting on a few more funds to roll in this month and I'll be nabbing up that barricade bumper. It'll retain oem tow hooks, looks pretty high clearance and their stuff seems to fit well. The hoop and skid may be purely cosmetic for the most part, but I can change that as I see fit. For now it should suffice. Than it's a rear bumper and my exterior will be done for the most part......but we've all said that before too lol

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Who's this Tacoma pro guy?! And I'm waiting on a few more funds to roll in this month and I'll be nabbing up that barricade bumper. It'll retain oem tow hooks, looks pretty high clearance and their stuff seems to fit well. The hoop and skid may be purely cosmetic for the most part, but I can change that as I see fit. For now it should suffice. Than it's a rear bumper and my exterior will be done for the most part......but we've all said that before too lol

http://www.tacomapros.com/
It seem the fabrication is done by a different company which is prob the guy i've been in email chats with, but he hasn't followed up so i guess they're too busy to mess with one RAM 1500 dude, ******** offroad aftermarket we have sucks balls.

I was chatting with Americantrucks, and the Barricade bumper weights 75lbs, the skid is 5lbs though the skid is out of the stock and will be available again in 3-4 weeks.
they told you the factory tow hooks can be retained ? i forgot to ask them about that.
Edited: I asked them and they said yes, i also asked them about the led fogs and they're also included.
My wallet is pulsing lol, dear freaking lord i just hate to buy this blind, there is only pic and no instructions so i can't see how the thing looks like, i guess i'll wait a little more to see some live pics.

Last edited:

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
http://www.tacomapros.com/
It seem the fabrication is done by a different company which is prob the guy i've been in email chats with, but he hasn't followed up so i guess they're too busy to mess with one RAM 1500 dude, ******** offroad aftermarket we have sucks balls.

I was chatting with Americantrucks, and the Barricade bumper weights 75lbs, the skid is 5lbs though the skid is out of the stock and will be available again in 3-4 weeks.
they told you the factory tow hooks can be retained ? i forgot to ask them about that.
Edited: I asked them and they said yes, i also asked them about the led fogs and they're also included.
My wallet is pulsing lol, dear freaking lord i just hate to buy this blind, there is only pic and no instructions so i can't see how the thing looks like, i guess i'll wait a little more to see some live pics.
Yea, we are a minute demographic compared to other aftermarket niches. Tacos jeeps and raptors stole that thunder. Gotta run what we brung tho, and laugh when crawl control can't make up for driver error.

That's not a bad weight for what seems like an ok option, is it the best.....not at all, but for the price and effort it'll take to install it's not a bad deal. I like the lines of the A.D.D stealth so if this is a similar fit knock off I'd be ecstatic. No need to worry about hardcore mounts as the oem hooks are burly, and a winch is a true afterthought at this point. We've waited this long, gimme a few weeks and I'll have this thing ordered. You know damn well I'll pic ***** and inform everyone about it.

Edit, just checked their website. The only thing I like is that prewired power distribution setup they have. I'll pay the price for that to avoid a big ass headache. Otherwise I didn't see anything too awe inspiring.

Last edited:

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There’s videos on the install. Look on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
There’s videos on the install. Look on YouTube.

That's their original bumper, they released a slimmer not so far version as well.

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's their original bumper, they released a slimmer not so far version as well.

Ahhh I just saw it. Can’t find a pic of it installed though.