2015 1500 Bilstein Level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PARay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have searched and searched this topic and found some good information, but I just couldn't quite find a clear answer. Maybe you guys can help. I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4 and am looking to put Bilstein lift struts on the front, set at 2.1 or 2.8 and Bilstein 0-1" on the back. I really want to set them at 2.8 and run a rear coil spacer if needed, however after reading all the stories of wobble and vibration at the 2.8 setting and the stories of how rare these situations are, are the 2015's just as susceptible to ball joints popping and vibrations as the other years? Would you still recommend running Mevotech upper control arms as well?

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I've heard all good things about bilsteins. If I were you I'd set them at 2.1 and see how it goes. From what guys on here have said when set at 2.1 they aren't popping ball joints. If you want piece of mind pick up some Mevotechs for $100. If it were me I'd give it a try without them though.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have my Bilsteins set at 2.1 with no spacer in the back. The truck sits perfect in my opinion. I didn't go with the 2.8 because I didn't want to push the ball joint and vibration issue. I have had them in for a year with apsolutly no issues. The ride is great and I have apsolutly no vibration. I have read a lot of posts where guys are running them at 2.8 with no issues but others have had problems. I have decided if I ever want to go any higher I will just buy a 4" lift.

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good move on the Bils. Here is mine set at 2.1 in the front with 2" spacer, polyurethane, in the rear. You want that in the rear, if you choose to, for no noise. Hope this helps and as stated, mevotechs are on mine too. When I took off the UCA I was mad because the were so inferior to the mevotechs, which can be greased. You are gonna have the front end apart anyway so why not just do it all at once

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 113

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do it. Mine is a 2010 so no balljoint issues but I have them set at 2.8 with a 1" spacer in the rear. Rides better than stock and no vibration.

Before and after

448e32b778bd41c41931de5d0780359b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
I have searched and searched this topic and found some good information, but I just couldn't quite find a clear answer. Maybe you guys can help. I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4 and am looking to put Bilstein lift struts on the front, set at 2.1 or 2.8 and Bilstein 0-1" on the back. I really want to set them at 2.8 and run a rear coil spacer if needed, however after reading all the stories of wobble and vibration at the 2.8 setting and the stories of how rare these situations are, are the 2015's just as susceptible to ball joints popping and vibrations as the other years? Would you still recommend running Mevotech upper control arms as well?

You shouldn't have any issues with the ball joints popping with Bilstein 5100's as they keep the suspension travel within OEM specs. Typically it's spacer levels that will pop the ball joints out as they allow the suspension to overextend.
You shouldn't have any issues setting them at 2.8" either; very few guys run into any 4wd wobble issues with them at 2.8".

Yooper906

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm at 2.8" front with a 3/4" rear poly spacer. No issues.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 119

tripower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Had my 2015 at 2.8" with a 1" rear spacer for almost a year now, no issues at all. Go for it.

IMG_0628_zpsl0intdxt.jpg

OP
OP
P

PARay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those are some good looking trucks! I'm going to go for the 2.8. The bilsteins will be here tomorrow. I just got a TGC 1" rear spacer yesterday. Going to try to get all this installed on Saturday and new tires and alignment on Tuesday. I'll make sure to take pics and keep everyone updated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramrunner56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running them @ 2.8" on a 2010 and I've had zero problems, just a little stiffer ride because of the stretched spring.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
I'm running them @ 2.8" on a 2010 and I've had zero problems, just a little stiffer ride because of the stretched spring.

To clarify, your spring isn't stretched at all (that wouldn't even be possible in an application like this). The spring is the same dimension it was stock and in the same location. The overall length of the strut is what is extended. The slightly stiffer ride is because of the increased angle of your A-arms.

ramrunner56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To clarify, your spring isn't stretched at all (that wouldn't even be possible in an application like this). The spring is the same dimension it was stock and in the same location. The overall length of the strut is what is extended. The slightly stiffer ride is because of the increased angle of your A-arms.
Thanks for the clarification. I had a feeling the shop that did the install didn't know what they were doing aside from mounting/balancing tires and installing simple parts.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

PARay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Alright. Sorry for the long delay in putting up the final results. Things had been really hectic for a while. I did get the lift on that weekend and then had it aligned later in the week. Truck rides and looks awesome! Thanks for all the info! Now for more mods....

Before:
IMG_0424_zps6fsfeoss.jpg

After with stock tires:
IMG_0435_zps0qhv4mjp.jpg

After with BFG All Terrain TA KO2's in 285/65/20:
IMG_0441_zpscrvymscb.jpg
IMG_04401_zpszizrnv6z.jpg

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
Alright. Sorry for the long delay in putting up the final results. Things had been really hectic for a while. I did get the lift on that weekend and then had it aligned later in the week. Truck rides and looks awesome! Thanks for all the info! Now for more mods....

Before:
IMG_0424_zps6fsfeoss.jpg

After with stock tires:
IMG_0435_zps0qhv4mjp.jpg

After with BFG All Terrain TA KO2's in 285/65/20:
IMG_0441_zpscrvymscb.jpg
IMG_04401_zpszizrnv6z.jpg

Looks great! What did you set the Bils at and do you have anything in the rear?

OP
OP
P

PARay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bils set at 2.8" and 1" TGC spacer in the rear. I just measured it the other day and it settled at 40.25" to the top of the wheel well in the front and 41.25" in the rear.

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
Bils set at 2.8" and 1" TGC spacer in the rear. I just measured it the other day and it settled at 40.25" to the top of the wheel well in the front and 41.25" in the rear.

That is not only the color, but also the exact same wheel as I have... I'm looking to do an EXTREMELY similar setup.

Is that the largest tire that would fit in the wheel well without rubbing? Was considering 35s, but not 100% sure on the conversion between *** and 35.

OP
OP
P

PARay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That is not only the color, but also the exact same wheel as I have... I'm looking to do an EXTREMELY similar setup.

Is that the largest tire that would fit in the wheel well without rubbing? Was considering 35s, but not 100% sure on the conversion between *** and 35.

I'm fairly certain 35's would definitely fit. Not sure on how wide though. These are 34.6" x 11.2" and I have plenty of clearance.

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
I've had mine at 2.8 up front and nothing in back. No issues with suspension. Only issue I've had is with lugs loosening up on one of my wheels.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just finished doing Bilsteins at 2.8 and added the Zone Off-road A Arms just for peace of mind. On my truck it sits a tiny bit nose high so I'm looking to get some Icon 1.5" rear lift coils this weekend if I can find some in stock.

Edit:
Forgot to mention the ride. It rides even better than stock. No vibrations or anything like that at all. I can't wait to feel how good it rides with the Icon springs.

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
Not to hijack, but I see everyone talking about different brand coil spacers... Is there any recommended brand? Or is a spacer a spacer and doesn't need to be anything fancy?

I think on my old truck I had billet aluminum spacers in the back but it wasn't a 1500 though.