2016 Ram TPMS Disabling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FDNF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Hi, Just joined the site, Just bought a Dodge!

I have a 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I have put on after market wheels and Tires without putting in the TPMS sensors
My low pressure light DOES NOT come on, but every time I start the vehicle, the EVIC pops on to show the TPMS sensors are not registering.

Does anybody know how I can disable the TPMS screen?

I have read that guys with the 2500 Rams are using the Bully Dog GT, but I don't think I can hook it up to my truck.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The TPMS system warnings can't be defeated or turned off. The 2015+ trucks have encrypted BCM's so FCA techs can't get in there anymore to change them like they used to but there are options.

I'd suggest you get some sensors, then consider renting one of the aftermarket tools to reset the TPMS settings to suite the pressure you want to run on your aftermarket setup. Resetting the TPMS settings will eliminate the screen and any other warnings you may get.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
The TPMS system warnings can't be defeated or turned off. The 2015+ trucks have encrypted BCM's so FCA techs can't get in there anymore to change them like they used to but there are options.

I'd suggest you get some sensors, then consider renting one of the aftermarket tools to reset the TPMS settings to suite the pressure you want to run on your aftermarket setup. Resetting the TPMS settings will eliminate the screen and any other warnings you may get.

Uh. this is false. You can easily turn them on or off, Just requires either an Autel/ Auto Enginuity or Tazer and your Pin code for your RF hub.

I've converted over 30+ Trucks from TPMS to TPIS or Completely Disable.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I knew you were able to change the settings. My FCA tech tried to reset or turn them off a couple of times with no success. 4x4x4 only talks about resetting the system, not turning it off completely. I had no idea you can do that. I stand corrected.

So are you using the Autel tool to do so?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You can disable it with aftermarket scan tools but not the factory scan tool.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I understand the HD’s wanting to lower the threashold, but with a 1500 seems like it would be cheaper and easier to just buy the sensors

OP
OP
F

FDNF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I just want to set straight what I am looking for! I am not looking to lower the pressure threshold of the TPMS, I do not have the sensors in the wheel's! So I do not have the low pressue symbol coming on, I have the EVIC screen which shows the tire pressure coming on every time I turn the truck on, So I would like to disable the TPMS so the screen goes away.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can buy sensors for $80 or buy a tool to turn it off unless someone here can loan it or do it for you I guess

gybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, Just joined the site, Just bought a Dodge!

I have a 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I have put on after market wheels and Tires without putting in the TPMS sensors
My low pressure light DOES NOT come on, but every time I start the vehicle, the EVIC pops on to show the TPMS sensors are not registering.

Does anybody know how I can disable the TPMS screen?

I have read that guys with the 2500 Rams are using the Bully Dog GT, but I don't think I can hook it up to my truck.

TPS tech has been around for quite a while now. Quite beneficial tech at that. Sensors are around $20. I would just have them installed and be done with it.

RASelkirk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stupid Q, I'm new to Rams. My Sport has this system but how do you get a reading on it? I can't figure out where it's supposed to display, or does it only pop up when there's trouble? The wife's Caddy has a continuous TPS display (customizable) on the dash cluster that shows all four tires...

Russ

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stupid Q, I'm new to Rams. My Sport has this system but how do you get a reading on it? I can't figure out where it's supposed to display, or does it only pop up when there's trouble? The wife's Caddy has a continuous TPS display (customizable) on the dash cluster that shows all four tires...

Russ

Yours can be displayed on the center screen between gauges. You can customize the display in many ways it’s awesome. Grab your manual then sit in the truck and play with the steering wheel arrow buttons to the left.

RASelkirk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found the smaller "sides" stuff, didn't realize the large center "speedo" section could also be changed! Was looking at the little quadrant on the left side of the tach cluster and wondering about those little icons...

Thanks!

Russ

OP
OP
F

FDNF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
On my steering wheel, on the left side I have up,down, left, and right buttons. You should be able to cycle through DID and bring up the TPMS screen to show you the pressures of all 4 tires

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found the smaller "sides" stuff, didn't realize the large center "speedo" section could also be changed! Was looking at the little quadrant on the left side of the tach cluster and wondering about those little icons...

Thanks!

Russ

ya its a great gauge cluster

RASelkirk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to get off-topic, are new trucks supposed to come with a full owner's manual? I got a skimpy one (118 pgs) and have been reduced to reading the full one in PDF form (724 pgs) off my phone. Kinda hard for an old guy with limited eyesight...

Russ

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya just like brochures, most are all digital now, you used to be able to go online and request a printed copy mailed to your address, now some just email you a pdf

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's weird. Have had one sensor out and all of my sensors show a -- for each corner. Also have the tire pressure light on all the time from when the truck was at 2k miles. Now at 35k miles. LOL.
I took it to ram dealership and they said one of the four sensors is faulty hence why it doesnt read any 4 corners. They had a special tool that they our next to each sensor , one wasn't registering.

I'd like to be able to also turn off my tpms led light . But OP states he doesn't get the tpms led error but the evic message only?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

FDNF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Hi Limeybastard

Thats correct! With not having the Tire Pressure Sensors installed in the tires, My tpms led light does not come on! Just the evic message everytime I start the truck.