2016 Ram TPMS Disabling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Limeybastard

Thats correct! With not having the Tire Pressure Sensors installed in the tires, My tpms led light does not come on! Just the evic message everytime I start the truck.
That's wierd, did they change it perhaps from model year? Mines a 2015 with 8.4 evic.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you considered having all four sensors installed in your spare? That's the one tire that doesn't have an idiot sensor and it's the one I'd most like to know if it is low on air. I can visually inspect the 4 main tires and see if they are low, but crawling under the truck to check the spare is not something done very often.

OP
OP
F

FDNF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Hi, Just joined the site, Just bought a Dodge!

I have a 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I have put on after market wheels and Tires without putting in the TPMS sensors
My low pressure light DOES NOT come on, but every time I start the vehicle, the EVIC pops on to show the TPMS sensors are not registering.

Does anybody know how I can disable the TPMS screen?

I have read that guys with the 2500 Rams are using the Bully Dog GT, but I don't think I can hook it up to my truck.

So I would just like to confirm that using the ALFAOBD, I have been able to turn off the Tire Pressure screen in the EVIC!
Now when I turn on my truck, the first screen to come on is the speedometer, and not that tire pressure screen, actually the tire pressure screen is now gone from the EVIC!

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine does the same thing. I just got into the habit of pressing the up arrow on the steering wheel to get my center speedometer back. Also putting the sensors in the spare won’t work on the newer trucks I have to drive mine for 5 minutes or so once I get my factory summer wheels on for the pressures to register.

OP
OP
F

FDNF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Mine does the same thing. I just got into the habit of pressing the up arrow on the steering wheel to get my center speedometer back. Also putting the sensors in the spare won’t work on the newer trucks I have to drive mine for 5 minutes or so once I get my factory summer wheels on for the pressures to register.

Damion, I have done the same procedure as you for the last year, now all is good!

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad you got it sorted.

So to anyone here that knows, anywhere or anything that can disable my 2015 tpms light from coming on? When I turn on the vehicle the screen shows all four corners with a dash dash then for the remainder of the journey the amber low tire pressure light stays on. Been like that for 45k miles lol. Obviously the issue isn't really killing me, but wouldn't mind a fix barring new sensor. ( One of my four sensors is faulty )

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

FDNF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Glad you got it sorted.

So to anyone here that knows, anywhere or anything that can disable my 2015 tpms light from coming on? When I turn on the vehicle the screen shows all four corners with a dash dash then for the remainder of the journey the amber low tire pressure light stays on. Been like that for 45k miles lol. Obviously the issue isn't really killing me, but wouldn't mind a fix barring new sensor. ( One of my four sensors is faulty )

Limeybastard,

Am I correct to understand, You know one of your sensors is faulty? And with one faulty sensor it shows all four wheels at "-" for pressure?
When you start driving do you push the up button on your steering wheel to bring up the speedometer again?

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Limeybastard,

Am I correct to understand, You know one of your sensors is faulty? And with one faulty sensor it shows all four wheels at "-" for pressure?
When you start driving do you push the up button on your steering wheel to bring up the speedometer again?
Yes to both questions.

I had 4 genuine oem ( eBay ) 2015 tpsm sensors installed by the dealer for me a couple years ago. After driving for sometime none registered got the dash dash for each corner on the evic. Drove back to dealer , they used their special wand tool and advised me that one was defective and informed me that all four need to work otherwise none register on evic. I found that odd at the time but what I found odder was that they claimed ( and I saw the tech with his tool do this) check each sensor that I had supplied before removing tires for installation.

So apparently one of my sensors became defective imediately after install. Can't argue since I supplied the parts. Or something else is a miss. I remember specifically researching and buying the correct tpms sensors for the 2015, which was a different part number to year prior.

It's been 44k miles now with tpms not working on my truck. It obviously doesn't bother me greatly.[emoji23]

Last edited:

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
If they verified that all the sensors worked prior to installing them and one didn't work after I would strongly suspect that the tire changing person damaged one.

OP
OP
F

FDNF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Limeybastard,

Have you tried the steps that are described in the 1st post of this thread? Seeing if that helps out with evic screen staying on the screen that you drive with showing? ie:speedometer

With my truck, not having sensors mounted in the tires, I am thinking doesnt cause the orange/red low pressure light to come on, but the tire pressure screen still popped up first, everytime I started the truck.

Followed the instructions in the first post, and that worked! Than after I bought the Alfaobd software, I went into the BCM and disabled the TPM, So the screen is not even in the EVIC anymore

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Limeybastard,

Have you tried the steps that are described in the 1st post of this thread? Seeing if that helps out with evic screen staying on the screen that you drive with showing? ie:speedometer

With my truck, not having sensors mounted in the tires, I am thinking doesnt cause the orange/red low pressure light to come on, but the tire pressure screen still popped up first, everytime I started the truck.

Followed the instructions in the first post, and that worked! Than after I bought the Alfaobd software, I went into the BCM and disabled the TPM, So the screen is not even in the EVIC anymore
I couldn't locate what step 1 was you are referring to, sorry.

Before I had my sensors put in , it would behave exactly like it was with my faulty sensors. E.G., evic warning that I had to press arrow to bypass and continuous amber low tire pressure light on the dash. Basically nothing changed for me with or without sensors fitted.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I bought a set of OEM steelies with the factory Goodyears and tpms from a 2015 ram 1500 from a dude off FB market place. Within 2 miles of driving they sinc'd right up. No intervention required on my 2017 1500.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a set of OEM steelies with the factory Goodyears and tpms from a 2015 ram 1500 from a dude off FB market place. Within 2 miles of driving they sinc'd right up. No intervention required on my 2017 1500.
Lucky you. I've been wanting some 17 inch rims with or without sensors but the low class in my hood want over $500 a set lol. It's funny how region to region, local to local folks are with their selling and buying attitude. Over here, they don't want to pay for **** yet they charge an arm . Example , they sell old crt tvs near my neck to the woods for over $100 , the same.ones people throw away comical. Rant over.

OP
OP
F

FDNF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I couldn't locate what step 1 was you are referring to, sorry.

Before I had my sensors put in , it would behave exactly like it was with my faulty sensors. E.G., evic warning that I had to press arrow to bypass and continuous amber low tire pressure light on the dash. Basically nothing changed for me with or without sensors fitted.

Limeybastard,
My apoligizes, I was thinking about the post on another thread
Read this thread, It might help alittle!

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/ke...eens-when-running-lower-tire-pressure.104759/

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Lucky you. I've been wanting some 17 inch rims with or without sensors but the low class in my hood want over $500 a set lol. It's funny how region to region, local to local folks are with their selling and buying attitude. Over here,
they don't want to pay for **** yet they charge an arm . Example , they sell old crt tvs near my neck to the woods for over $100 , the same.ones people throw away comical. Rant over.

I got the set for $400. They had little to no use on them.
https://i.imgur.com/PBzGIv4l.jpg

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7