2019 Classic Express regular cab Remote start install & Hood Ajar switch and vehicle alarm question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pgh94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Dropped truck off this morning. Service department acts like they don’t know what pin code I’m taking about. Words got a little heated. I guess I’ll see when I pick it up.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Dropped truck off this morning. Service department acts like they don’t know what pin code I’m taking about. Words got a little heated. I guess I’ll see when I pick it up.
Sometimes, the least amount of information, the better. All they have to do is program the new fobs. No sense in getting the PIN code for your truck since it’s useless to anybody with a 2019+ HD, or 5th gen.

Lildikgang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you know if t
Yes basically the circuit is left open because it's not being used or monitored by the BCM if your truck doesn't have the factory remote start or alarm enabled. I have installed and enabled several factory remote start systems on these trucks and also enabled several alarms with and without the hood latch monitor. There is no hood ajar notification that I'm aware of in your cluster. If you have all of the hood latch/alarm settings correctly enabled and you're sure that your factory hood latch is actually connected to pin# 11 in connector C1 in your BCM the alarm should go off when you open the hood. You should also have a small blinking red LED light in your cluster when the alarm is set. The truck will start with the hood open with or without the hood ajar switch connected. The only warning on the EVIC I have seen is if the hood is open and you try to remote start the truck it will abort and say (remote start disabled hood open). If you are sure the alarm is set and it goes off when you open a door but not if you open the hood you have a problem in your settings or your harness. I haven't done a 19 Express Classic yet so I have no first hand knowledge of that exact truck but I have done several 13 to 18 Express and Tradesman trucks. The only time I have seen the hood latch harness actually connected to the BCM from the factory in those trucks is the Regular Cab due to the fact that they use one harness for all the regular cabs because they build so few of them. If you have enabled all of the codes in the known working codes list in the first page of the alfa thread your alarm should go off if it's set when you open the hood.
Do you know if their is a way to activate remote start with manual door locks I have a 19 classic with manual everything

Jamerson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I need some help. I have a 2019 Ram classic. I ran the harness to pin 11 to newly installed hood latch. Also grounded the other wire. Verified 12v present with key on. I enabled hood switch present, remote start present, tried both 500 parallel and 1000 ohm settings. Reset Bcm several times. I keep getting a honk and remote start cancelled display after trying.I’ve given it several days under both settings with no change. Im at a loss. Any help or tips is appreciated.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So I need some help. I have a 2019 Ram classic. I ran the harness to pin 11 to newly installed hood latch. Also grounded the other wire. Verified 12v present with key on. I enabled hood switch present, remote start present, tried both 500 parallel and 1000 ohm settings. Reset Bcm several times. I keep getting a honk and remote start cancelled display after trying.I’ve given it several days under both settings with no change. Im at a loss. Any help or tips is appreciated.

You need to reset the RF Module, not the BCM. Is that what you did? It would have asked for the trucks PIN code when you did.

-K