2021 75th Anniversary PW Ordered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinman454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My main problem with orange is that it doesn't take pictures well. I have multiple pictures of different orange trucks and every truck is a different shade of orange. One of these days I hope to see it in person to fully comprehend the color. If you mistake it for red sometimes then it must be a darker redish-orange. If that is the case then maybe I should have gotten it. I really like red orange
You nailed it this colour for some reason does not look the same in pictures a few people actually thought it was red and at night it looks red also it has a pearl finish that you can’t see in the pictures. I wanted an anvil colour after seeing the orange in person I really liked it I immediately thought how cool it would look done up like the general Lee as it sure looks like the same colour orange to me. If you think you would like the orange once you see it in person you will want one. This is a close up of the colour and it still doesn’t look good like it does to your eyes.

F18337B8-91CC-407C-A84A-3B0AB9CD6289.jpeg

114433CA-1C23-4C0E-BE5C-DBBA387CC070.jpeg

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you 75th ann guys like the rock rails?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
This was my 2009 Ram
It looks good with greens & browns around it
It is the oem color Sunburst Orange Pearl

You would not like the way it looks at night under lights like you find in large parking lots
It is the ugliest grey that you have ever seen, i have walked right past it at times under those lights

dscf0398n.jpg

Last edited:

BowerPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I am still a month of shipping from getting my truck but I have some thoughts... I remember when mopar showed these off a few years ago and couldn't wait to see more info. After reading posts here I get the gist.
They mount to the cab so they can't take a ridiculous amount of weight. But will protect from most of what people will do. I really like the low profile of these. They don't hang low or stick out much. I have ready read people having to swap the out because wives complained they were to short and they are too narrow of a step. Personally I think they are a good compromise all round. Perfect cross between white knuckle and mopar side steps.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I am still a month of shipping from getting my truck but I have some thoughts... I remember when mopar showed these off a few years ago and couldn't wait to see more info. After reading posts here I get the gist.
They mount to the cab so they can't take a ridiculous amount of weight. But will protect from most of what people will do. I really like the low profile of these. They don't hang low or stick out much. I have ready read people having to swap the out because wives complained they were to short and they are too narrow of a step. Personally I think they are a good compromise all round. Perfect cross between white knuckle and mopar side steps.

I’m still waiting for my truck too. But at least 4 times in the last 3 months I’ve prepped my wife on the height and about the 3 inch step. LOL. She just roles her eyes and says ‘ok, you just have to help me in’. So I’m hoping I’ll be okay and not have to replace them. The shock factor will be minimized! LOL.

RCSB88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m dreading the first time my wife attempts to climb in the truck. She won’t be happy.

My size 13 foot can barely get a real toehold on it. Practically better off skipping it altogether and going straight for the cab floor.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm 6'6" and the girlfriend is 5'7". I was worried she was going to have issues getting in the passenger seat of my 75A but she's been doing ok with it.

It's a tall truck...no doubt. I have to grab the handle and pull myself up. The rock rails don't seem to help too much...occasionally I step up on them but they are thin.

I would have liked to see something a bit wider. I'll leave them for now...as I have other things to spend money on upgrading my truck.

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

In need of tubular steps for that very reason lol.. wonder if i can just install tube steps eight over

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Does anyone know at what stage of a factory order that a build sheet gets generated? My dealer told me it’s not built and not for at least 3 months, but yesterday I was able to generate a build sheet. I usually try and generate a build sheet a couple times a week.

RCSB88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know at what stage of a factory order that a build sheet gets generated? My dealer told me it’s not built and not for at least 3 months, but yesterday I was able to generate a build sheet. I usually try and generate a build sheet a couple times a week.

build sheet is generated when the truck is built

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
3 months for me B Mitty....odd how yours is taking so long. Hang in there...it's totally worth the wait! Soon!!!

OP
OP
B Mitty

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
It hasn’t moved since last week and is still in the south. I sent a message through to my Chrysler contact to see if I could get some insight on its movement and to see if we could give it a little “love shove”.

I say give it a hate drop kick....

I’m not sure how I’ve had this kinda wait on my truck. Has anyone had this kind of experience ordering a truck before?

OP
OP
B Mitty

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
Lucky everyone but me I guess

BowerPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It is a bit ironic being you are the one who started this monster thread. The hdram forum has a big thread dedicated to 2021 HD ram orders. I check is every so often. Some people get there trucks in 2 months and other wait 5 months. When I was told that mine is at the body vendor, knowing it had a lot of options, I was worried it would be stuck there waiting on something due to low supply. Read that a few time over on that thread. Thankfully it was in and out in a few days. It is still going to miss the delivery time ram cares told me but in not in dire need.

On another note. My local dealer has 1 orange power wagon and the dealer I ordered from have 3 orange anniversary power wagons. Who knows if anyone will get a fair discount with the shortage that is happening.

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4

You do live at the end of the world. So maybe it takes a special train. jk.

I’m thinking mine might be a while too, even thought it’s been confirmed as being built and waiting for shipment.

OP
OP
B Mitty

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
Yea, I’ve been patient, I guess it’s about managing expectations for me.

It’s the first time I’ve custom ordered a vehicle. When 2-3 months expected delivery turns into 7 or more as I don’t have it yet, drags on you.

As you can tell my excitement earlier on in posts is fleeting. I’m sure that because I purchased though the commercial program, my order is of the lowest priority because of the discount, associated with it. However this fact was never explained to me with the expected 2-3 month wait time.

It’s not like dealers don’t give a discount off MSRP on 95% of every vehicle sold ever... the credit is issued by FCA not the dealer in my case which would explain why the focus on my trucks were bumped continuously on new orders vs who orders first.

In closing we’re talking first world problems here, I’m getting a nice discount on a new and hot truck in a crazy market. Just want to share in the excitement with you guys, getting the truck.

Robert fletcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Honestly once you get used to them. I think you're just fine. I'm so used to getting in and out of the truck now they just don't bother me anymore at all. When I first got the truck I thought oh wow, these things aren't that great LOL after a short time it just became second nature and I like the looks of them a lot better than a Nerf bar style. They actually are function and style. So yeah give yourself some time to warm up to him and once you get used to them it will just the second nature to use them

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I just can't think that your salesman would be so uninformed as to tell you that a Ram being built in Saltillo Mexico would ever get to Nova Scotia in 2 or 3 months.

A Ram built in Michigan would take 2 - 2 1/2 months to reach Nova Scotia
I recall a woman that had ordered a Ram & she thought it had got lost.
When it finally showed up, she was told that the Ferry was the hold up ?