AlfaOBD Support For 06~12 Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Thanks for your reply, but i can't find a cust menue in the configuration settings?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk
Look in the diagnostic section for Day Time Running light configuration. Description says to enable customer setting.

Not sure if your year supports it. My 06 didn't. My 18 does. On my 18 it took a couple drive cycle before it actually appeared after being enabled so wait a day or so before doing more configuration. I didn't on my 18 and had to get bcm reflashed.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Thanks for your reply, do you remember where the option can be found?

If I remember correctly, it was under car configuration change. I think it was Remote Steering Wheel Switches - Set

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Hello from Germany,

i have an 2011 Laramie and did the following settings via AlfaOBD and MX Adapter to enable DRL but no DRL coming up when engine is started and D enabled?
Are the some more settings to enable?
I have the standard quad and fog lights installed.

BCM
DRL configuration - set to optional
DRL lamp location - set fo fog lights
DRL dropout enabled - set to yes

Thanks for help

You need to change your DRL configuration to Canada DRL. The optional DRL won't turn them on.

With fog lights as DRL you shouldn't need to have dropout enabled. That will turn off your fog light when your signal light is activated. This is really only needed if the signal light is used as the DRL.

Blazerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I remember correctly, it was under car configuration change. I think it was Remote Steering Wheel Switches - Set
Thanks,
I've found the setting but there are unforrunately no settings for the buttons.
Maybe it's not possible to reconfigure the buttons .

Blazerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You need to change your DRL configuration to Canada DRL. The optional DRL won't turn them on.

With fog lights as DRL you shouldn't need to have dropout enabled. That will turn off your fog light when your signal light is activated. This is really only needed if the signal light is used as the DRL.
I'ts working now.
There is an option directly at the BCM menue to enable DRL.
The set option optional is working fine.
Fog Dropout with High Beams is disabled too.
I've set the voltage to 6 and will reduce this to the right brightness for me.

There is no option in EVIC, but i can now enable and disable DRL via AlfaOBD.

Thanks to all for the help.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Not true. I followed someone’s step by step to turn my DRL’s on and mine work just fine and I selected Optional.

2012 Ram RCSB 5.7: R/T Replica (in progress) | Mufflex DOD-M80 Y-Pipe Muffler Delete | K&N Intake | Pedal Commander | AlphaRex V1 Headlights | Innovited 35w 6000k HID Low Beam | Katana LED High Beam | MicTuning LED Fog Bulbs | Opt7 LED Tailgate Strip | All Black & Red Badges | Custom Hood & Bed Side Vinyl Graphics | Custom Fire HD 8” Tablet Radio | Alpha OBD w/ Mx+... [Coming Soon: AlphaRex Custom RGB Headlight Build | Katzkins Leather Reupholster + Custom Wrapped Door Panels & lots more]

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Not true. I followed someone’s step by step to turn my DRL’s on and mine work just fine and I selected Optional.

Sorry, to re-phrase. The Canada DRL will simply turn them on in one step. To use optional DRL the DRL setting in the main menu needs to be turned on as well which a lot of guys miss as it's not in the car configuration change.

Blazerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look in the diagnostic section for Day Time Running light configuration. Description says to enable customer setting.

Not sure if your year supports it. My 06 didn't. My 18 does. On my 18 it took a couple drive cycle before it actually appeared after being enabled so wait a day or so before doing more configuration. I didn't on my 18 and had to get bcm reflashed.

My 2011 haven't the option, but it's ok now, it works

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sorry, to re-phrase. The Canada DRL will simply turn them on in one step. To use optional DRL the DRL setting in the main menu needs to be turned on as well which a lot of guys miss as it's not in the car configuration change.

Ah. Ok. Yea that makes sense. I had to make 3 changes. DRL > Optional + DRL Setting > Enable + DRL Location > Low Beam

I may have mixed up some of those settings titles, it’s been 3 weeks to a month since I did it, but that’s the basic idea of what I had to do (besides the backup to google drive).

2012 Ram RCSB 5.7: R/T Replica (in progress) | Mufflex DOD-M80 Y-Pipe Muffler Delete | K&N Intake | Pedal Commander | AlphaRex V1 Headlights | Innovited 35w 6000k HID Low Beam | Katana LED High Beam | MicTuning LED Fog Bulbs | Opt7 LED Tailgate Strip | All Black & Red Badges | Custom Hood & Bed Side Vinyl Graphics | Custom Fire HD 8” Tablet Radio | Alpha OBD w/ Mx+... [Coming Soon: AlphaRex Custom RGB Headlight Build | Katzkins Leather Reupholster + Custom Wrapped Door Panels & lots more]

Blazerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did anybody get the DRL Voltage Output configured / reduced with success?

I have set my DRL to the Foglights and would have it not so bright to increase the bulb lifetime.

I've changed the DRL voltage from 12 to 6 and from 6 to 4.5 volts without any changes.

The foglights shining brighter then hell [emoji849][emoji16]
There are some Philips Bulbs like the Osram Nightbreakers installed.

Greetings from Germany

Last edited:

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Has anyone looked for trouble codes using Alfa? When I do I always get two related codes. I can't remember their numbers but I remember the text; "VIN not programmed"

Anyone else have this?

mrugg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Could someone point me in the direction with this on step by step how to change the tire size?

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

waynestractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Supposedly you can set the light type for each exterior light to halogen, led or hid. That should end the issue with LEDs in turn signals hyper flashing.

I'm going to be swapping my dual headlights for a set of quads soon, and will be putting LEDs in when I can afford that. I know Alfa can enable the quads without issue. A lot of this stuff is still experimental in the early 4th gens.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I can not find that option in the MY2006-12 menu?

T_Unit114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Merry Christmas all! Just wanted to pop in since I have a 12 1500 that I wanted to make some changes to. I got my mx+ adapter today, and got the Alfa app rolling.

My main changes I wanted were to disable the DRL completely, disable fog light drop out with high beams, and alter some things relating to what the truck does when remote started, and also enable the auto down windows with long press 2nd unlock on the fob

There's about a million modules to get into looking at the app and it's kinda confusing as to which ones will effectively make changes. I already changed my country code from Canada to USA so that should remove the DRL setting completely. I'll have to do more research as I go but I'll be going through this thread quite extensively.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

KA1OTE

Ram Ham
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Merry Christmas!

If you end up figuring out how to enable the window auto-down feature could you take notes and post the steps to do it? I've had my module and this program for over a year for my 2012 Laramie and still haven't figured that one out. Would be greatly appreciated! Enjoy your new toy!

Cheers!

Merry Christmas all! Just wanted to pop in since I have a 12 1500 that I wanted to make some changes to. I got my mx+ adapter today, and got the Alfa app rolling.

My main changes I wanted were to disable the DRL completely, disable fog light drop out with high beams, and alter some things relating to what the truck does when remote started, and also enable the auto down windows with long press 2nd unlock on the fob

There's about a million modules to get into looking at the app and it's kinda confusing as to which ones will effectively make changes. I already changed my country code from Canada to USA so that should remove the DRL setting completely. I'll have to do more research as I go but I'll be going through this thread quite extensively.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

I believe this is what you need for DRL dropout...select the My2006-2012 option at the top of the list to connect.

1c97dfdb28d4b71d70c443462fc14210.jpgd34815287d41c7eae64530cd6f503ca9.jpg09af30fcdc1e809a55f546a2bd0d5650.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

T_Unit114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe this is what you need for DRL dropout...select the My2006-2012 option at the top of the list to connect.

1c97dfdb28d4b71d70c443462fc14210.jpgd34815287d41c7eae64530cd6f503ca9.jpg09af30fcdc1e809a55f546a2bd0d5650.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
I was able to get into things and change most of what I wanted right out of the gate. The DRL disable was a huge thing for me. Being a Canada truck it had low beam DRLs. I have HIDs. No bueno. So I had been driving around for months with my e brake down a click and it would ding anytime I exceeded 5mph from below that. Ridiculously annoying.

Dealer said there was no way to disable it. I changed the country code to USA. No real reason for it but why not. DRL is currently off. Also disabled the fog lamp dropout with high beams. I love it. I have a 6hi mod with no wiring or relays needed!

I have repeatedly attempted to shut off the reverse chime. For some reason it has not taken. I hate that blasted thing.

Global down, I haven't found any options for yet but it looks like there are a metric **** ton of possible places to check. I'm really looking forward to digging deeper into this truck and see what I can tweak for settings.

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
I was able to get into things and change most of what I wanted right out of the gate. The DRL disable was a huge thing for me. Being a Canada truck it had low beam DRLs. I have HIDs. No bueno. So I had been driving around for months with my e brake down a click and it would ding anytime I exceeded 5mph from below that. Ridiculously annoying.

Dealer said there was no way to disable it. I changed the country code to USA. No real reason for it but why not. DRL is currently off. Also disabled the fog lamp dropout with high beams. I love it. I have a 6hi mod with no wiring or relays needed!

I have repeatedly attempted to shut off the reverse chime. For some reason it has not taken. I hate that blasted thing.

Global down, I haven't found any options for yet but it looks like there are a metric **** ton of possible places to check. I'm really looking forward to digging deeper into this truck and see what I can tweak for settings.

As far the reverse chime, turn it off, and then disconnect and turn everything off and then wait 30 minutes.

You can change the DRL location to the turn signals or high beams, rather than turning it completely off.

I believe the global down option is in the body computer. I think the option you're looking for is the window Express feature.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins

Body Module
Doors - Global Windows Down

T_Unit114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As far the reverse chime, turn it off, and then disconnect and turn everything off and then wait 30 minutes.

You can change the DRL location to the turn signals or high beams, rather than turning it completely off.

I believe the global down option is in the body computer. I think the option you're looking for is the window Express feature.

I personally despise DRL modules. Never liked them. I run parking lights and fogs. There's no option for parking lights, and I tried changing it to fogs and it didn't work and after about 5 minutes of mulling it over I just disabled them altogether.

I'll be digging into much more later on. I also want to disable the seatbelt chime. I do some mild trails riding and I don't wanna be buckled in cause I sometimes lean out the window a bit or I'm moving around a lot and the seatbelt is restrictive to that sort of thing.

I will have a bunch of free time this weekend to peek into more modules and such so I'm sure I'll find what I'm looking for and then some.

The reverse chime I will have to try again. It's in two different locations on Alfa so I may just need one or the other or both off. It's been in and out and didn't work for awhile and recently came back and it's irritating as hell to me.
Body Module
Doors - Global Windows Down

Both of you I think hit this one spot on. Global down will be a nice touch come summer. Black trok, black interior, no tint. Yet.